• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 50 Year Junk Obsession
9 9

4,504 posts in this topic

A question and a request for help today. I love Halloween covers and picked up this cool Central Valley copy from Brian Peets a few years ago. 

comfamousfunnies135CentralValley_zpsd8wb

I then recently got the chance to get this Lost Valley copy.

comfamousfunnies135LostValley1_zps3z8wup

comfamousfunnies135LostValley2_zpsbamz7b

Oh, as a bonus, it came with this. Very fun to read and see ALL the books from this collection.

Lost%20Valley%20Catalog_zpsmitpk0vx.jpg

My question is: How many other pedigree copies do you think there are out there of this issue? Probably Church, Crippen, Big Apple maybe a Rockford? I say this because I think it would be fun to own as many pedigree copies of this some what worthless issue as possible. If anybody ever runs into a copy, I'd love to know.

58 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

My question is: How many other pedigree copies do you think there are out there of this issue? Probably Church, Crippen, Big Apple maybe a Rockford? I say this because I think it would be fun to own as many pedigree copies of this some what worthless issue as possible. If anybody ever runs into a copy, I'd love to know.

GPA lists a sale of a Rockford and sales of two file copies (if you count file copies as peds, as some people do).  Doesn't look as if other peds of that issue have been graded and sold in a venue covered by GPA.

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 8:40 PM, Robot Man said:

I had a situation over in general today where a photo I posted was used without my permission in a bit of a slanderous post. I have pulled this post from this thread. If anyone else wants me to pull their photo please let me know and I will do so right away. I am very sorry about this. My posts were meant to provide a fun look at a great con for those unfortunate enough not to be able to attend. Really stinks that one person ruins it for all. I probably won't do this again...

Found this

Untitled.jpg

Hey  Bob,

I decided to head over to the Mecum Classic Car auction in Pomona today just to see what it was like. I enjoy watching the action on TV and wondered if it was as much fun in person. Well it was fun but not as fast as television which is heavily edited and sped up!! But one thing on television you don't get to do is wander around and look over the 500 or so cars that will go over the block. That was a hoot!

They also have a Road Art auction component and I wandered over to take a look at the goods. Lots of fun Robot Man stuff. And then way in the back I spotted this great Lil Abner candy dispenser. What a hoot. I couldn't tell if it sold or not and it may still be available. Looks like your kind of fun!!

tn_Mecum1.jpg

tn_Mecum3.jpg

1 hour ago, 40YrsCollctngCmcs said:

Hey  Bob,

I decided to head over to the Mecum Classic Car auction in Pomona today just to see what it was like. I enjoy watching the action on TV and wondered if it was as much fun in person. Well it was fun but not as fast as television which is heavily edited and sped up!! But one thing on television you don't get to do is wander around and look over the 500 or so cars that will go over the block. That was a hoot!

They also have a Road Art auction component and I wandered over to take a look at the goods. Lots of fun Robot Man stuff. And then way in the back I spotted this great Lil Abner candy dispenser. What a hoot. I couldn't tell if it sold or not and it may still be available. Looks like your kind of fun!!

tn_Mecum1.jpg

tn_Mecum3.jpg

Very cool. I've seen one or two but they bring a lot more money than it would be worth to me. I've got a few coin opp machines. I've sold a lot more than I've kept just because I could use the money for something I wanted more.

I went to a Barrett Jackson auction once but just had to leave. I was so tempted to buy a '69 Chevelle but fought off the urge. I could have gotten a nice restored driver for just over 20K. You got to go to the smaller tent auctions to get the deals. I try to stay away from them because they are like crack!