• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 50 Year Junk Obsession
9 9

4,504 posts in this topic

My two most favorite Spider Pulp covers! The Spider is one of only a few pulps I actually read. The stories are as sick as the covers. (I mostly collect pulps just for the covers) And these two are dooseys!

pulpspider2_zps45cdb5d2.jpg

pulpspider1_zpsb2ed1ffb.jpg

great covers...any 50's sci-fi digest covers?

When filing away the Manhunts I got last week, #4 made me think. I really like "Surealistic" covers and pick them up when I see them. Here are a few that I could remember off the top of my head. I know I have more but they just don't come to mind. Feel free to post any not shown. I'd love to find more if I knew about them.

commanhunt4_zpsqb7e7hi2.jpg

comshadowv89_zpspyiohako.jpg

comwanted50_zpspk46k0lk.jpg

comstarspangled79_zpsu7kl2llz.jpg

combaffaling25_zpsxevbvphq.jpg

commadhouse4_zpssvshrzkp.jpg

comsparkywatts_zps45hbzi29.jpg

OK, how about some Crime books today? I think crime books get a bad rap behind horror. Some of these cross over to horror pretty well. Here are a few of my favorite Fawcett crime covers:

comsuspensedetective_zpsday6h58k.jpg

comunderworldcrime_zpscdw2ytqb.jpg

I LOVE this one. One of only about a dozen graded/slabbed books. I got a vg reader and liked it so much I sought out a high grade one. The colors, the babe and the DC Sandman guy coming through the window are just killer!

comdownwithcrimecgc_zps7fxha0ox.jpg

I'm sure you have seen both of these a million times but my two favorite covers from this title. I remember the day I got #20. I pulled it out of a box for $2.00 about 35 years ago! It was at the Casual Con in Buena Park. This was the con that Chuck debuted the Church collection. He has written about it. He walked in and was swarmed. Everyone in the place was at his booth. Most people were hitting the superhero boxes but I went for the more odd stuff like horror, crime, sci-fi and SOTI books. I bought about 30 books and should have bought more... (but I did get this wild crime book before Chuck showed up).

comfightagainstcrime19_zpssqikzg1y.jpg

comfightagainstcrime20_zpsflcdzohd.jpg

OK, how about some Crime books today? I think crime books get a bad rap behind horror. Some of these cross over to horror pretty well. Here are a few of my favorite Fawcett crime covers:

comsuspensedetective_zpsday6h58k.jpg

comunderworldcrime_zpscdw2ytqb.jpg

I LOVE this one. One of only about a dozen graded/slabbed books. I got a vg reader and liked it so much I sought out a high grade one. The colors, the babe and the DC Sandman guy coming through the window are just killer!

comdownwithcrimecgc_zps7fxha0ox.jpg

Fight Against Crime 20 can hold it's own against ANY horror book. These others are not very common here. Love seeing them! I am more partial to Crime books than horror though. On a side note, who knew the Sandman moonlighted for Fawcett?