• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 50 Year Junk Obsession
9 9

4,504 posts in this topic

Well, Robotman scored yesterday morning at the flea market. Got these 4 Manhunts + about 6 other not so exciting GA comics for a 10 spot each! I didn't have any of these in my collection and have been looking for a while. I guess it pays getting up at 4:00 AM, putting on a jacket and driving up there!

These are real underrated. In addition to great covers, they Have L.B. Cole and Fred Guardenieer stories with good content.

#2 Great GGA Electric Chair cover!

commanhunt2_zpsl0vsupvl.jpg

#4 Been looking for this "surealistic" cover

commanhunt4_zpsz1iknypu.jpg

#6 Best cover in the run. This was actually an upgrade for me.

commanhunt6_zps2ppohxvw.jpg

#9 Never seen this one before. Very creepy cover!

commanhunt9_zpsvyljxgaw.jpg

Score #2 different guy. Couple of cool pulps for a 5 spot apiece. He had more later issues but they just didn't excite me so I left them for the next schmoo (I ain't greedy)

V1#1 1939 Cool nude girl in a tube cover. Has Paul illustrations inside + an ad for the premier issue of MLJ's Blue Ribbon Comics.

pulpfuturefiction1_zps6thy2uqg.jpg

V1#2 1940 Love the aliens on this cover. Has interior illustrations by Paul and Biro. Also has MLJ comic ads.

pulpfuturefiction2_zpsed1kgcie.jpg

Picked this up from Carbo at Terry's Yorba Linda show last week. Finally got it finished and wouldn't you know, it is missing a piece... I bought it with that thought in mind and it was the last one I needed to have the set of these puzzles so I am still very happy.

supepuzzle_zpscwcqhw5j.jpg

Well, Robotman scored yesterday morning at the flea market. Got these 4 Manhunts + about 6 other not so exciting GA comics for a 10 spot each! I didn't have any of these in my collection and have been looking for a while. I guess it pays getting up at 4:00 AM, putting on a jacket and driving up there!

These are real underrated. In addition to great covers, they Have L.B. Cole and Fred Guardenieer stories with good content.

#2 Great GGA Electric Chair cover!

commanhunt2_zpsl0vsupvl.jpg

#4 Been looking for this "surealistic" cover

commanhunt4_zpsz1iknypu.jpg

#6 Best cover in the run. This was actually an upgrade for me.

commanhunt6_zps2ppohxvw.jpg

#9 Never seen this one before. Very creepy cover!

commanhunt9_zpsvyljxgaw.jpg

Love that series! The covers you posted, plus #1, #14, and #11(which I'm still hunting for) are the other knock out covers. And I agree whole heartedly, they are very underrated!

Question on the Manhunts... They appear to be crime books but they have a very horror feel. Should I file them in my crime box or my horror box? I have #14 with the wild pygmy, hypo, bondage cover in my horror box but I'd like to keep them all together. What do you think?

Today, a request from Mitch and Pat. Yes, I have vintage paperbacks as well. Like pulps, not as many as I used to. I sold both off a while ago and just kept the ones I liked best. So, here you go.

Sci-Fi books. My favorite is Ship of Istar. This is the first uncensored version.

pbscifibooks_zpszfhfjzgy.jpg

Next up are some girl art books. Note the Helen of Troy original "uncensored" version.

pbgirlartbooks_zpsukknnrud.jpg

Lastly are some "dope" books. "I was a drug addict" is a true classic!

pbdrugbooks_zps4iq3i3qp.jpg

Freaks of time department. I kinda love books like this. They really show "character" people either really loved these or hated them but they are really unique. They have a special place in my collection.

First up is Submariner #32. Not only is it in pretty low grade but somebody used it for target practice! There are 3 45 caliber bullet holes shot clean through. I got it years ago for $25. at the San Diego con. Everybody laughed at me but I love it anyway. Too bad it's a "key"...

comsubmariner32_zps06wp0ifr.jpg

Next up is one weird Atlas "annual" some kid tore the covers off about 30 Atlas, EC and DC war comics and made his own custom bound volume. Took me a few days to read it. I got it from Terry Stroud cheap at a con. Everybody wanted to buy it from me but I kept it and gave it a good home. Check out the size of this monster!

comatlaswarannual1_zpshevdtiqs.jpg

comatlaswarannual2_zpsqtalfcsc.jpg

comatlaswarannual3_zpsoeny8kvf.jpg

Today I've got some thing pretty cool to show. These are two "bound volumes" from the Terry Toons animation studios. Note the check out stamps on inside front cover. These were all hand made and were to be used for reference in doing the cartoons. They were bound with two holes punched and un-trimmed. Looks like they were rarely used and other than the two holes, beautiful condition. I thought about breaking them up but think historically, they should stay the way they are.

First one is Terry Toons #45-60. This volume has the first Heckle and Jeckle as well as several great "infinity" covers. Bright, sharp copies!

boundvolumeterrytoons1_zpsdrmagq45.jpg

boundvolumeterrytoons2_zpseierhtuo.jpg

boundvolumeterrytoons3_zpsxvsr5042.jpg

Today I've got some thing pretty cool to show. These are two "bound volumes" from the Terry Toons animation studios. Note the check out stamps on inside front cover. These were all hand made and were to be used for reference in doing the cartoons. They were bound with two holes punched and un-trimmed. Looks like they were rarely used and other than the two holes, beautiful condition. I thought about breaking them up but think historically, they should stay the way they are.

First one is Terry Toons #45-60. This volume has the first Heckle and Jeckle as well as several great "infinity" covers. Bright, sharp copies!

Great stuff. I think it's the right decision to keep them as they are.

+1

+1

+2, really cool item

Rat Finks, Weird Ohs and Nutty Mads oh my! Any other of you geezers (except Hep Cat) play with these as a kid. My favorite is the Mr Gasser slot car. Oh, so hard to find...

finksweirdohs_zpscbd9c458.jpg

I had an Ed Roth Revell model kit, I think it was Drag Nut.

My Mom thought it was terrible. She worried about me, sometimes.

+1

+2, really cool item

+3, love me some bound volumes