• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 50 Year Junk Obsession
9 9

4,504 posts in this topic

Classic Skull cover! This and Punch #12 are my favorites of this genre. I might actually like this one slightly more than the Punch. I really need to upgrade this one.

comgangsterscantwin2_zpssf2shbp1.jpg

Probably my favorite issue of this title. Just sooooo brutal! #24 is probably most every one's favorite and I like it too just don't have one yet.

comcrimedoesntpay43_zpszd2uv4zl.jpg

I used to work for a Guy who owned a dock and a seafood processing plant. He asked me to help him sell his comic collection from when he was younger. He read and saved them with his wife (they married at 17) and he had two large Charles Chips tin containers full of them..... from around 1950 to around 1955...... and he told me that they jokingly called Racket Squad the Rack Squad ....for obvious reasons.... he was a funny old guy. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I really like "Surealistic" covers and pick them up when I see them. Here are a few that I could remember off the top of my head. I know I have more but they just don't come to mind. Feel free to post any not shown. I'd love to find more if I knew about them.

Here are a couple of obscure giveaways...

152999.jpg.fcc7425eb746f0f53ed918c7f447c52d.jpg

153000.jpg.a763156605e86da1019000627ae4346e.jpg

I really like "Surealistic" covers and pick them up when I see them. Here are a few that I could remember off the top of my head. I know I have more but they just don't come to mind. Feel free to post any not shown. I'd love to find more if I knew about them.

Here are a couple of obscure giveaways...

can we please see some interior pages reflecting the "future"...thanks....great book

Today is "G-Man" Day. Got some interesting stuff dealing with Law Enforcement.

First up is a cool pulp magazine. I find it interesting that the cover was later "re-purposed" for a paper back book.

pulpgman1_zps469c7ec0.jpg

Next up is one of my favorite covers of this title:

pulpgman2_zpsc89b9f31.jpg

Here are a cool matched pair of boxed G-Man guns. These are Marx toys from the early 1930's. The black one makes a loud pop when fired and still emits about a 2" long spark from their barrel. The blue one is a siren pistol. It makes a loud wail noise when trigger is pulled. Nice graphics on the boxes as well. Looks like they used the same box for both even though they are marked siren pistols. I got them both from the same house sale.

gmanguns_zpsxszh0hc9.jpg

Here is an assortment of Melvin Purvis and generic G-Man badges and premiums. I probably have a few more but am too lazy to dig them out. I know I have a few rings as well. This is, I believe, is a complete set of all the Melvin Purvis rank badges and the manual with mailing envelope.

gmanpins_zpsrlsut47c.jpg

This is the best thead of the year...by far...everyday I am surprised. and I wonder what Bob is gonna come up with next...with stuff I have never seen before...Bob has one the best and most diverse collections period.

Edited by Mmehdy

OK, you twisted my arm...

Here is an interesting bunch. You all have seen Reform School Girl and many of you own one but how about the Digest? This one even has the elusive page 3 and 4 which was torn out of most copies. And the icing on the cake... How many of you have seen Reform School Skunk!

comreformschoolgirl_zpswfrhfaza.jpg

And I gotta say... that stamp is way cool, and by posting it you inked an answer for me.

Being a Navy man, I was curious about the stamped anchor found on a few Golden Age books. So I kept some images of books I'd admired with it, wondering about the stamp's backstory and how/why they came to be.

As a result of your post, I did a little digging and apparently the anchor stamp with an individual's two initials was a promo offered during the Don Winslow of the Navy radio show. The excerpt below is from an old radio program titled Radio News Tower published by Radio Station WOW, Omaha Nebraska, with a print date of July 1, 1938. It mentions the stamp as a special offer on WOW.

GREAT work. I've seen the anchor stamp on GA covers here and there and have often wondered about it myself. :applause:

Here's something else you might like. Character dime banks. I don't know about you guys but mine would probably always be empty because I'd be spending all those dimes on GA comics!

dimebanks_zps21d97891.jpg

Very cool! :applause: