• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 50 Year Junk Obsession
9 9

4,504 posts in this topic

Hey Robot Man,

Question time, With you showing comic clubs I was wondering if you have ever seen

this one, In Mister Universe it advertises about a free club, send in for card and a button

I wondered if any of these still exist, I doubt they put out to many of these. All five issues of

Mister Universe plugged this club.

What say you Robot Man

153034.jpg.f41117991c9ca8fd8652c5738a94667f.jpg

153035.jpg.d3b8e0a5a8c6e29949a40552bf77757f.jpg

OK, it's Monday so time for the Sunday flea market report. I did really well. I had a booth but was able to walk around for a while early. It was a perfect day weatherwise. I feel for you back east guys but you all seem to enjoy that "change of seasons" bet you wish you were the guy that came into my booth yesterday. He was from Addamstown, PA. We had a good talk about the good places to find stuff. He was wearing a tank top and shorts and was just giddy!

Anyway, first up came from two sellers. The two romance books from one lady ($2. each) and the Dells from another. She had a lot more but they were all titles like CooCoo, Tip Top Tales and other marginal funny animal titles and lower grade. She wanted $4. each for these. I particularly like the Nellie the Nurse #4 and had never seen the Famous Fairy Tales giveaway. Nice Kelly art in most of the rest. Was so tired I just had time for the photo so I won't get to really look at them until tonight. How did I do?

comiclot21515_zpso1olgbkg.jpg

But find of the day was this! It was later in the day and I was coming back from a rest room break when I spotted this sitting on the ground next to a guy's table. It is a real cool size and was probably ment to be on a counter top. It's a mini spinner with 8 slots and a double sided top sign. I have never seen one like this. I asked a few comic guys out there and we all came to the agreement that we think it's from the late 1950's. I grabbed a couple proper era comics to put in it and took this fast photo for you. Buy of the Day! (and sales were strong all day too)...

dccomicrack_zpsdcskj5pg.jpg

OK, you twisted my arm...

Here is an interesting bunch. You all have seen Reform School Girl and many of you own one but how about the Digest? This one even has the elusive page 3 and 4 which was torn out of most copies. And the icing on the cake... How many of you have seen Reform School Skunk!

comreformschoolgirl_zpswfrhfaza.jpg

Don't know the reason for page 3 & 4 being torn out of most copies. Please fill me in.

Supposedly the model's father was ashamed of her for doing it. Her name was published on these pages. I think somehow he got the publisher to tear out this page before distribution. (probably threat of a lawsuit because she might have been underage or had not signed a model release). Someone else here might be able to back this up. Kind of like why the bibliography page is missing from most copies of Seduction of the Innocent.

But find of the day was this! It was later in the day and I was coming back from a rest room break when I spotted this sitting on the ground next to a guy's table. It is a real cool size and was probably ment to be on a counter top. It's a mini spinner with 8 slots and a double sided top sign. I have never seen one like this. I asked a few comic guys out there and we all came to the agreement that we think it's from the late 1950's. I grabbed a couple proper era comics to put in it and took this fast photo for you. Buy of the Day! (and sales were strong all day too)...

dccomicrack_zpsdcskj5pg.jpg

Find of the day, I'll say!

That mini spinner is great! Never saw one like it either.

I would clap but my hands are frozen together over here on the east coast!

Supposedly the model's father was ashamed of her for doing it. Her name was published on these pages. I think somehow he got the publisher to tear out this page before distribution. (probably threat of a lawsuit because she might have been underage or had not signed a model release). Someone else here might be able to back this up. Kind of like why the bibliography page is missing from most copies of Seduction of the Innocent.

This is correct. The specific explanation for why (threat of a lawsuit, weird contract, over protective father) varies a lot, depending on who is telling the story. The truth is probably lost to time by now.

But yes, they were removed for identifying the girl by name.

"You'll shoot yer eye out" or even worse have some monsters do it for you. Todays offering is a real "eye opener" as it says on one of these. I love these "injury to the eye" books. I know the interiors have some good ones as well. True Crime #2 and the Thing #16 come to mind right away. Probably have a few more I overlooked but would love to see any you might have that I haven't posted.

This one is probably my favorite of the bunch. It would have had my dime in a heartbeat back when it came out. Great color and image!

comworldsoffear10_zps2v4shm8k.jpg