• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 50 Year Junk Obsession
9 9

4,504 posts in this topic

Next up is Western Adventures #3 sporting a great Graham Ingels cover and used in Seduction of the Innocent. Again, as glossy as the day it rolled off the press! Again, sorry for the murky photo. These are WHITE!

comwestadvs3church1_zpsk4rzyayz.jpg

comwestadvs3church2_zpshdvlyug6.jpg

Are this and the Jumbo in the previous post Church copies?

Yep!

Next up is Western Adventures #3 sporting a great Graham Ingels cover and used in Seduction of the Innocent. Again, as glossy as the day it rolled off the press! Again, sorry for the murky photo. These are WHITE!

comwestadvs3church1_zpsk4rzyayz.jpg

comwestadvs3church2_zpshdvlyug6.jpg

Are this and the Jumbo in the previous post Church copies?

Yep!

Nice!

Scan0007_zps9aac516c.jpg

A comic I love so much...one of the first nicer shape older comics I ever found.

Ya got me stumped. I ain't got any of those. I've got nudie mags, I've got a Shocking Mystery or two and I've got some Airboys but none of those issues.

They all are pretty Classic space westerns... Are there any other cross over books from the 1950's?

Lots of them but they are mostly crime/horror, spy/horror, or western/horror. Almost anything had some horror in the fifties. Not a lot of cowboys in space except for that series.

By now you have probably got the idea that I like "theme" covers. People collect themed covers for many reasons. I've seen parachute covers, underwater covers, bondage covers and I was even asked for MALE bondage covers a couple times. I have featured surrealistic covers, eyeball covers and probably some others. I have more themes that I look for and today is one more subset.

Artist and Comic creators that are attacked by their creators covers. There are a few out there. Here are just some of them.

Let's start out with a nice friendly funny cover. One of the classic "infinity" covers (another subset that I like)

comwackyduck4_zpsmbeujazt.jpg

img234.jpg

img252.jpg

Thanks Pat!

The Frankenstein looks familiar. I probably missed it.

But, I've never seen the Adventures into the Unknown. Although I have a decent amount of ACG's I don't pay enought attention to them because of the lack of "gore factor". I need to pay more attention. I'll have to add that to the want list!