• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 50 Year Junk Obsession
9 9

4,504 posts in this topic

Barks and Schomburg are the two that got away for me. I think I still have a Barks "file copy" that says "Property of Carl Barks" I believe. Love to see the Weird Science Fantasy and hear the back story if you met him.

Here's my meager Barks sig...I dropped in on him at his house in Goleta in '74 and asked him to sign this for me (kind of like what Sheldon did to Stan Lee in that BBT episode, but with nicer results lol ). I assume he did the cover, as he never said he didn't. He talked to my friend and I for an hour. What a gentleman...

3169fth.jpg

Brian,I usually preffer my sigs on the innards...but that just fits perfect!!!

Dropped in on Kirby too, and he signed this for me. He was another total gentleman.

ipy2oh.jpg

Very cool sigs from two of the biggies! I remember how you could just go over to their homes to meet them. I never had the guts to do it, I went to Forest Ackerman's mansion of horror and he gave me and my buddy the grand tour. There were just priceless pieces in there.

My favorite of your two is the Foxhole. Nice book and very classy signature placement.

commysterytalesh_zpsgwcl8rnn.jpg

Forget Felix...now we are cooking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 <3

My heart aches to read these!

They are all pretty good reads. While I had them out, I went through and re-read a lot of them. Most of my pre-code horror books have been read by me many times.

Thought I'd share some cool Shadow stuff with you today. Nothing like the amazing stuff Dwight has but the Shadow is not a main focus to me. I've just gotton stuff that I like over the years and managed to hang on to.

I have maybe a third of the Shadow comic run but this is one of my favorites. Great "surrealistic" skull cover.

comshadowv89_zpspyiohako.jpg

Love the Shadow stuff....there is a great cover,a skeleton torso/skull coming out from a red curtain...green background...or am I thinking the Spirit!?

Sometimes I enjoy the comic RELATED stuff you show more than the comics...thanks again as always for sharing!

Love the Shadow stuff....there is a great cover,a skeleton torso/skull coming out from a red curtain...green background...or am I thinking the Spirit!?

Sometimes I enjoy the comic RELATED stuff you show more than the comics...thanks again as always for sharing!

It's the Shadow. A boardie owns the original painting too although I can't remember who.

Yeah, that's a good one Brian. I got one of those too. Got a great story about it and a Batman #1 that I might relate some time.

Was at the zoo last week, saw this and thought of you. Looks they had more fun that day than I did...

lizards_zpsozhwpl9y.jpg