• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Be careful in dealing with Mycomicshop.com !!!

221 posts in this topic

On the upside, the op has probably lost the opportunity to do business with some of the folks here on the boards.

Now if MCS could only get their consignors to get me a reasonable BIN on the book I want. :frustrated:

No kidding

You said it. I've passed on many, many common books on there that I would have ordered had the price been realistic. I know they have a policy to allow the people who are consigning books to set the price, but seriously. Maybe advise the people of what the FMV on the book is. Maybe advise them that their raw FF #30 in 5.0 ISN'T worth $190......?

Who knows....maybe it's worth that to somebody out there....just a weird approach.

Now if MCS could only get their consignors to get me a reasonable BIN on the book I want. :frustrated:

No kidding

You said it. I've passed on many, many common books on there that I would have ordered had the price been realistic. I know they have a policy to allow the people who are consigning books to set the price, but seriously. Maybe advise the people of what the FMV on the book is. Maybe advise them that their raw FF #30 in 5.0 ISN'T worth $190......?

Who knows....maybe it's worth that to somebody out there....just a weird approach.

They do. The consigner can see previous sales prices for the book in question when setting the price. I've only consigned one book and that's how I determined what price I should start at.

I don't understand how (as a fellow Canadian) he's going to avoid the exchange rate?

From my experience buying US Money Orders actually cost MORE than the exchange rate on a cc.

Unless, he's driving to the US...but then, there still is an exchange rate when you switch Can to US funds.

Like everyone said $750US = $900. No matter how you cut it, the exchange is still going to be there. Unless there is some additional fee on top of that you are factoring in.

Or maybe I'm missing something.

You avoid the exchange rate by buying the US currency when the exchange rate is more favorable. As an example there was a time within 5-6 years ago where the Canadian dollar was worth $1.10 vs the USD. If the OP had bought his US currency then, he avoids the exchange rate conversion by keeping his money in USD until he needs to use it.

No kidding

+1. I always thought they just popped up the price 30 percent themselves. A recent post made by MyComicshop. Stated the customers set the prices. Maybe they should sedate them before pricing. :insane:

I don't understand how (as a fellow Canadian) he's going to avoid the exchange rate?

From my experience buying US Money Orders actually cost MORE than the exchange rate on a cc.

Unless, he's driving to the US...but then, there still is an exchange rate when you switch Can to US funds.

Like everyone said $750US = $900. No matter how you cut it, the exchange is still going to be there. Unless there is some additional fee on top of that you are factoring in.

Or maybe I'm missing something.

You avoid the exchange rate by buying the US currency when the exchange rate is more favorable. As an example there was a time within 5-6 years ago where the Canadian dollar was worth $1.10 vs the USD. If the OP had bought his US currency then, he avoids the exchange rate conversion by keeping his money in USD until he needs to use it.

Yes very true he could have bought it then, however if he was to take that same 750 he still has since he didn't pay with it and convert it to Canadian that 750 USD = $895ish Canadian.

UPDATE:

A particular gentleman from Mycomicshop contacted me yesterday via pm and we worked it out. He was very understanding and considerate, explaining to me, in so many words that customer service employees have specific rules to follow and cannot deviate from them. It was very nice of him to reach out to me. I will contact him once the money order from my US cash account in Canada is mailed out later today.

I thank you all for your opinions as well as your criticisms. After all without them we will never learn and grow.