• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic Book Coin is Coming!

424 posts in this topic

Anyway, Avengers Annual #7 is irrelevant

That might off a few comic fans.

This is wayyyy off topic but did you ever post pics of the new store location after you finished?

I don't think I have. We just opened two weeks ago. We posted a bunch of photos on the Facebook page.

Ok. I'm a conspiracy geek and got rid of my facebook account a while ago (big brother is watching you). lol

There is definitely a conspiracy of some sort. Right after we posted the photos folks started showing up at the door to buy stuff. It was pretty weird...and cool.

Was it the redesign or was it that kick Submarine cover you have hanging on your wall brining the people in? :baiting:

This is wayyyy off topic but did you ever post pics of the new store location after you finished?

I don't think I have. We just opened two weeks ago. We posted a bunch of photos on the Facebook page.

post a few in the forum as well please as many of us cannot stand facebook and do not use it.

This

post a few in the forum as well please as many of us cannot stand facebook and do not use it.

This

+1

This

Not this thread

--- One coin alone is worth nearly $3 million. Those of you familiar with the crypto world know that I am telling the truth.

I know nothing about crypto currencies so.......

Can someone explain how an icon made of pixels in a pretend wallet will get me $3,000,000 in cash? Who gives me this money?

I genuinely have no idea!

I, for one, think this is a great idea. This is the Chicago-style deep dish pizza thread, right?

(opens new browser window…clicks link to Comic Book Coin explanation…head explodes from sheer awesomeness of idea…no wait…sheer bizarreness of idea…then posts)

Oops…my bad. Wrong thread… :facepalm:

I, for one, think this is a great idea. This is the Chicago-style deep dish pizza thread, right?

(opens new browser window…clicks link to Comic Book Coin explanation…head explodes from sheer awesomeness of idea…no wait…sheer bizarreness of idea…then posts)

Great...now I'm craving Giordanos, thank you. It's only an eight hour drive :sorry:

Jim

Great...now I'm craving Giordanos, thank you. It's only an eight hour drive :sorry:

Jim

:acclaim:

Don't worry…ended up making myself hungry, too. :tonofbricks:

Old Chicago Pizza :cloud9:

Jim

Yea no.... Chicago doesn't make pizza. They make Sauce Pie. It's gross. Please NEVER refer to that stuff as pizza.

THIS is pizza

20101029-pizza-lab-1.jpg

I agree with you, Jay - that is pizza. Chicago-style is more like pizza-casserole.

;)

Chicago seems to have weird ideas about food... forget the Italian version of pizza, "deep-dish is the ONLY pizza!" and "we put the cheese on the bottom and the sauce on top!" and don't forget "NEVER PUT KETCHUP ON A HOT-DOG!!!" That one makes me want to go to a Chicago hot-dog joint and get a naked dog, then whip out a packet of ketchup right there and slather the 'dog in glorious Heinz goodness. (Apparently, you can't even get ketchup in one of those places.)

-slym

I agree with you, Jay - that is pizza. Chicago-style is more like pizza-casserole.

;)

Chicago seems to have weird ideas about food... forget the Italian version of pizza, "deep-dish is the ONLY pizza!" and "we put the cheese on the bottom and the sauce on top!" and don't forget "NEVER PUT KETCHUP ON A HOT-DOG!!!" That one makes me want to go to a Chicago hot-dog joint and get a naked dog, then whip out a packet of ketchup right there and slather the 'dog in glorious Heinz goodness. (Apparently, you can't even get ketchup in one of those places.)

-slym

Funny (way off topic but who the hell cares at this point) story. When I was in college I was dating this girl. Went up to visit her Grandparents for the weekend (in Nantucket). Was told we would be having brunch the next morning with their neighbors John and Teresa. Was NOT thinking. Ended up walking in and had Brunch with (then) Senator Kerry and his wife Teresa Heinz Kerry. My girlfriend kept shooting me looks because she knew I was dying to make a "pass the Huntz" joke.

Jim

Yea no.... Chicago doesn't make pizza. They make Sauce Pie. It's gross. Please NEVER refer to that stuff as pizza.

THIS is pizza

20101029-pizza-lab-1.jpg

first of all bull mess

only tourists think of chicago pizza as being that mess called deep dish. Grew up there and never ate deep dish in my life.

THIS IS PIZZA\

4N3fTgol.jpg

straight from our favorite pizza joint in Tinley Park Illinois (south suburbs) -- Italian sausage thin crust cut in squares.

you have not lived until you have had this pizza -- we have paid hundreds of dollars to have it shipped flash frozen to Florida and Arizona over the years but the best is eating it there in Tinley. The picture above is from one of those sent to Florida. Still trying to find some shots we took inside the restaurant.

only tourists think of chicago pizza as being that mess called deep dish. Grew up there and never ate deep dish in my life.

THIS IS PIZZA\

4N3fTgol.jpg

straight from our favorite pizza joint in Tinley Park Illinois (south suburbs) -- Italian sausage thin crust cut in squares.

you have not lived until you have had this pizza -- we have paid hundreds of dollars to have it shipped flash frozen to Florida and Arizona over the years but the best is eating it there in Tinley. The picture above is from one of those sent to Florida. Still trying to find some shots we took inside the restaurant.

1) I have heard from a Chicago native that the only time Chicagoans eat deep-dish is when their tourists friends come to town. :lol:

2) that sausage pie looks great! I'd be down for some of that!!!

3) I am so glad there is no OOC thread here in the WC... or is there? hm

:D

-slym

Jim

THIS is pizza

20101029-pizza-lab-1.jpg

No no no that's thin cardboard with some sauce painted on