• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic Book Coin is Coming!

424 posts in this topic

Wow - this idea was even savaged by folks over on the bitcoin forum. (I presume ICO = "Initial Coin Offering?"):

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=917002.0

And (shock!) apparently there was a "glitch" today:

"OK, as anyone who attempted to buy CBC found out, there was a bit of a glitch. Our apologies if you went to buy CBC today and could not.

We do, however, have some good news to announce very, very shortly. Stay tuned."

Wow - this idea was even savaged by folks over on the bitcoin forum. (I presume ICO = "Initial Coin Offering?"):

"OK, as anyone who attempted to buy CBC found out, there was a bit of a glitch. Our apologies if you went to buy CBC today and could not.

We do, however, have some good news to announce very, very shortly. Stay tuned."

Is the "good news" that they are throwing in the towel? :wishluck:

Thanks to Hollywood, the profile/marketability for superheroes and comic book-related merchandise has never really been higher than it is right now. So as long as the cinematic gravy train keeps rollin' along, I'm guessing that we'll be seeing more opportunism of this sort, rather than less, in the years ahead.

Great...now I have another forum to read to keep up with the awesomeness that is "ComicBookCoin"

:acclaim:

Jim

Wow - this idea was even savaged by folks over on the bitcoin forum...

To be fair, they savage everything. If you thought this place had its share of whiny dorks with delusions of grandeur, you ain't seen nothin' compared to bitcointalk!

What happens every time you return a book to it's sleeve? Knicks and tears and other awful things.

You're doing it wrong.

:baiting:;)

-slym (knows you were being facetious, TBH!)

Ha! Fah sho!

If I were designing the comic book coin, I would go with the Wally Pipp of comic books - Wendigo.

The guy is on both covers of the two main Wolverine/Hulk books but ends up as a "Where is he now?" villain living in a double wide. Poor bastid.

That would fit this offering to a T

If I were designing the comic book coin, I would go with the Wally Pipp of comic books - Wendigo.

The guy is on both covers of the two main Wolverine/Hulk books but ends up as a "Where is he now?" villain living in a double wide. Poor bastid.

But his memory lives on in the X-Men arcade game.

But his memory lives on in the X-Men arcade game.

you know--- I don't think I ever read Hulk 182. As I recall, Wendigo was to fight the winner between the Hulk and Wolverine. Who won, did they fight? Or did Wendigo get relegated to video games and Hostess cupcake ads?

nevermind-- I need to stop asking obvious google questions

Fictional character biography

Several people have been afflicted with the curse of the Wendigo, including Paul Cartier, Georges Baptiste, Francois Lartigue, Lorenzo, Mauvais and others.

The curse is regional to the woods of Northern Canada and takes place, under the right conditions, when a person in the forests of Canada feeds on human flesh. This "Curse of the Wendigo" was created by the Northern Gods (also known as "the Inua") in an effort to deter human cannibalism.[3] The cannibal transforms into a superhumanly strong, nearly indestructible, fur-covered monster: the Wendigo. He or she then roams the woods eating human beings. The Wendigo has frequently fought the Hulk, Wolverine, and Alpha Flight. Paul Cartier transformed into the Wendigo, battled the Hulk, and escaped.[4] He battled the Hulk again and encountered Wolverine,[5] and then battled the Hulk and Wolverine; Paul Cartier was cured as college professor Georges Baptiste became the Wendigo.[6] He later terrorized a snowbound group.[7] He battled Wolverine, Nightcrawler, and members of Alpha Flight; the Baptiste Wendigo was captured and cured by Shaman.[8] Fur trapper Francois Lartrigue later transformed into the Wendigo, battled the Hulk when Bruce Banner stumbled across a cabin belonging to him, and Sasquatch, and was taken to be cured by Shaman.[9]

Edited by 01TheDude