• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR (May-2018)
5 5

1,498 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, NewWorldOrder said:

Are there any reviews on this movie yet?  To be honest I do not think most of us care about the opening weekend $, but rather is movie going to blow us away? :wishluck:

Has the review embargo date even been revealed yet? I don't recall it being said in any interviews so far. 

I think the movie is not going to be screened in its entirety until just before April 23rd or so, when the embargo will be lifted.  Reviews will be up for only 2-3 days before the opening Thursday night release, all in hopes that spoilers will be kept to a minimum.  I respect the Russos for trying hard to let people feel the enthusiasm for the film at their first viewing if they prefer.

ScreenRant claims the review embargo lifts April 24th.  The Civil War embargo lifted three weeks before the film was released, so I don't know why they're waiting so long this time since most Marvel embargos lift 1.5 to 2.5 weeks before release.  The closer an embargo is to release day, the worse a sign it usually is to a film's quality.  The real stinkers have an embargo right up until a day or two prior to release.

Edited by fantastic_four

1 hour ago, fantastic_four said:

ScreenRant claims the review embargo lifts April 24th.  The Civil War embargo lifted three weeks before the film was released, so I don't know why they're waiting so long this time since most Marvel embargos lift 1.5 to 2.5 weeks before release.  The closer an embargo is to release day, the worse a sign it usually is to a film's quality.  The real stinkers have an embargo right up until a day or two prior to release.

Usually I would agree with the ominous warnings of a short embargo window.  But...

...I think this has more to do with minimizing potential leaks/spoilers prior to the worldwide release.  That has been an emphasis from the directors recently.

My biggest worry about this movie is if it spends all its time setting up the next "final" movie in the batch.  If they treat this like a stand alone movie and try to hit it out of the park then I'll be happy.  Oh and we need to see Pip the Troll!

10 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

Avengers: Infinity War Embargo: When You Can Read Reviews

The official Avengers: Infinity War social media embargo lifts at 10:30 pm PDT on Monday, April 23, shortly after the film’s world premiere in Los Angeles. The review embargo will lift the next day – at 3 pm PDT on Tuesday, April 24. Infinity War then releases worldwide on April 27, with several movie theaters offering late Thursday night showings on April 26, of course.

https://uproxx.com/movies/who-will-die-in-avengers-infinity-war-odds/3/

Top 5 Odds Of Death:

1.  Loki (1/5)

2.  Captain America (Even)

3.  Iron Man (2/1)

4.  Thor (3/1)

5.  Vision (5/1)

I think they made a mistake with Thor.  Take him out of the top 5.  After the success of the recent movie I don't see how they can kill him off.  There has to be another movie in the pipeline.

Vision needs to be moved up the list and put Hawkeye in the 5 slot.

1 hour ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

I think they made a mistake with Thor.  Take him out of the top 5.  After the success of the recent movie I don't see how they can kill him off.  There has to be another movie in the pipeline.

I thought the same thing when reading your initial list. He's not going anywhere soon but into another movie.

They need to bring back Justin Hammer and Samuel Sterns. Two of the best, and most neglected characters in the Marvel movie universe.

My bet is that we see Cap die and Bucky adopt the mantle of Cap. I think Sebastian Stan is signed on for a number of movies and I've seen little things here and there that make me think this is going to happen. I don't think Tony will die - as long as RDJ wants to appear in these movies Marvel will keep him alive.

I also fear a lot of characters will die only to be brought back in Avengers Vol 4. I've never been a fan of time travel films to begin with but when you use a time travel storyline to undo a character death it feels even cheaper and lamer to me. And if they do that stuff enough it ruins the credibility of the product......

Just look at the comics. How many times has Cap, Cyclops, Tony, Jean Grey, Norman, etc, etc all died only to be brought back from the dead? It's such a turn off. Cap and Cyclops die in a alternate reality Earth in which Onslaught kills them and then Kang helps them go back in time in some company wide crossover event which allows all them to be brought back to life through some magic dice which then breaks the internet after too many tie-ins didn't sell or make sense. Add one "new" death and a "new" rebirth while swapping genders on 2 characters and changing one person's sexual identity who also has multiple identities to boot. One month later, just retire all ongoing titles and start from #1 with 4 X-Men titles, 4 Avengers titles, 1 asexual Silver Surfer titles and 1 bi-weekly title where all of the characters change sex, race and political views monthly depending on which "oh we've been marginalized group" makes the biggest stink on Yahoo or at Starbucks that month. Oh, and don't forget the villain who much always become a villain after they were shamed or bullied for doing something that everyone else may or may not care about but the villain does so it makes it completely acceptable.

On 4/15/2018 at 8:16 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

Are there any reviews on this movie yet?  To be honest I do not think most of us care about the opening weekend $, but rather is movie going to blow us away? :wishluck:

You will be blown away...gonna be the biggest movie ever.

30 minutes ago, Guardian Comics said:
On 4/15/2018 at 8:16 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

You will be blown away...gonna be the biggest movie ever.

image.png.ed4cb0ddc672f2422e4b51facd0dff28.png