• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR (May-2018)
5 5

1,498 posts in this topic

Does anyone think that they will do a clean slate, re-start with this movie? Have it end similarly to the comics and then the universe is re-started/restored but some things are different. They could kill kill kill in the movie and then restart the Universe via the Gauntlet at the end. Then they can switch out Evans for Shaw or Cheadle and do similarly for a few other MU actors. Add in the FF or X-Men or whatever they want and show everyone at the end. Spidey, Deadpool, pull it all together via the Gauntlet, split the Gauntlet up and badabing, away we go.

Edited by Bird
2 misspellings

Good to see Starlin's finally getting fairly compensated for Thanos!

"But Starlin’s excitement is also tied to the fact that the films are a payday for him. He doesn’t get into details, but says he was able to negotiate an arrangement to get a certain amount of money for non-comics uses of Thanos when Disney bought Marvel in 2009. However, in January 2017, he wrote a Facebook post saying he got paid more for the use of his lesser-known DC character Anatoli Knyazev in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice than he did for all the uses of Thanos in the Marvel movies as of then, combined. According to Starlin, that led Disney to renegotiate the agreement, which he now calls “a fairly fair deal.”"

http://www.vulture.com/2018/04/jim-starlin-creator-of-infinity-war-thanos-hates-marvel.html

Edited by Dick O.

23 hours ago, Bird said:

Does anyone think that they will do a clean slate, re-start with this movie? Have it end similarly to the comics and then the universe is re-started/restored but some things are different. They could kill kill kill in the movie and then restart the Universe via the Gauntlet at the end. Then they can switch out Evans for Shaw or Cheadle and do similarly for a few other MU actors. Add in the FF or X-Men or whatever they want and show everyone at the end. Spidey, Deadpool, pull it all together via the Gauntlet, split the Gauntlet up and badabing, away we go.

Isn't that the purpose of phase 4(shrug)?  They stated that the entire MCU will not be the same after Avengers Infinity War (or whatever the title is).

It's been a long time since I've been this excited to see a movie release.  So close:whee:.

World premiere tonight in Los Angeles...we will start getting some reactions and reviews tomorrow, which I'm going to avoid.  The directors and cast have done well keeping spoilers and surprises under wraps, letting us see roughly 10 minutes of 156 total, so I want to honor that as best I can.  What a huge undertaking.

Super excited!

D

29 minutes ago, Drummy said:

World premiere tonight in Los Angeles...we will start getting some reactions and reviews tomorrow, which I'm going to avoid.  The directors and cast have done well keeping spoilers and surprises under wraps, letting us see roughly 10 minutes of 156 total, so I want to honor that as best I can.  What a huge undertaking.

Super excited!

D

Ill watch the red carpet event tonight , interviews etc but im getting off the internet after that until the weekend.

On 4/16/2018 at 6:24 PM, Bosco685 said:

Avengers: Infinity War Embargo: When You Can Read Reviews

The official Avengers: Infinity War social media embargo lifts at 10:30 pm PDT on Monday, April 23, shortly after the film’s world premiere in Los Angeles. The review embargo will lift the next day – at 3 pm PDT on Tuesday, April 24. Infinity War then releases worldwide on April 27, with several movie theaters offering late Thursday night showings on April 26, of course.

Right around the corner.

:banana:

Watching CW's Supergirl, and there have been at least three Avengers: Infinity War commercials. To include Rocket Mortgage.

I have a feeling Marvel went huge with the product partnerships.

I’m still stuck on Pip the Troll but of course it’s just a guess.  Dinklage is a very popular,successful actor and I just can’t see him settling for a dwarf who remakes Thor’s hammer.  If Warlock is being considered for being part of the Marvel universe then I’d think Pip just has to be a pivotal character who Dinklage could make into a franchise. Fingers crossed.

11 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

I’m still stuck on Pip the Troll but of course it’s just a guess.  Dinklage is a very popular,successful actor and I just can’t see him settling for a dwarf who remakes Thor’s hammer.  If Warlock is being considered for being part of the Marvel universe then I’d think Pip just has to be a pivotal character who Dinklage could make into a franchise. Fingers crossed.

Smart play in my opinion...good luck! All the guessing will be over soon...finally...

I've got to wait till Monday to see this. The wait is killing me. :sorry:I'm just not sure if I'm more excited for this, or Deadpool 2. It's a close call, but I think Infinity War gets the win.