• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR (May-2018)
5 5

1,498 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, OrangeCrush said:
  Hide contents

Same here. My personal favorite line was the "your really dark, you sure your not from the DC universe", lol. That line killed it with the audience. Everyone laughed at that one. 

Ya pretty awesome that line has nothing to do with the movie...cause you know it was in the trailer prior to the movie...

Overall the movie was meh.

22 minutes ago, Chip Cataldo said:

Absolutely loved it. Let the theater exhausted, like I'd just been through an emotional wringer. 

If you don't like this film I'm not sure what you'd even like, comic book wise. 

I've said it before ad nauseum, AOU, Winter Soldier and Civil War is THE holy trilogy to me.  Surpassing SW, ESB and Jedi of my youth.  I want to love Infinity War more than anything, and unfortunately I don't.  Of course I'm the guy who would enjoy a superhero movie without an entire punch being thrown, so what do I know.  A two and a half hour UFC card is not for me.  I'd go on further but after all these years I still have no idea how to use spoiler tags, and don't wish to ruin it for anybody.

Edited by Guardian Comics

Now THIS would have been really cool to see yet another 70's character appearing.

This Marvel Character Would Be In The MCU If The AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR Screenwriters Had Their Way

Machine-Man-Marvel-Comics-Profile-b.jpg

Out promoting Avengers: Infinity War, screenwriters Christoper Markus and Steven McFeely were asked what character they'd like to see the MCU introduce in future films.  Without hesitation, Markus zeroed in on Aaron Stack aka Machine Man.  "Literally, no one will ever do this — I say this, and then it’ll be announced — I think Machine Man is hilarious.  I like Moon Knight, but you have to handle Moon Knight in a very careful way, or he just becomes negative image Batman. But there are certain runs in the comics where you go, ‘That’s crazy.'"

It's somewhat interesting that Markus namedrops Moon Knight as that's a character Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige revealed on the current Infinity War press tour that the studio is actively exploring.

McFeely offered up his own suggestion, a character that's also recently come up in interviews.  "I’d love to see Namor.  I don’t think they even have the rights to him. But that’s a guy with a big upside, I think."

16 minutes ago, Guardian Comics said:

I've said it before ad nauseum, AOU, Winter Soldier and Civil War is THE holy trilogy to me.  Surpassing SW, ESB and Jedi of my youth.  I want to love Infinity War more than anything, and unfortunately I don't.  Of course I'm the guy who would enjoy a superhero movie without an entire punch being thrown, so what do I know.  A two and a half hour UFC card is not for me.  I'd go on further but after all these years I still have no idea how to use spoiler tags, and don't wish to ruin it for anybody.

Winter Solider is definitely still #1 on my list, for all super hero films (DC & Marvel). Not only did it have Robert Redford, one of my all time favorite actors, it also had one of the best antagonists with the Winter Soldier, an absolutely picture perfect pace, some brilliant action scene's and putting Black Widow in that film was just ingenious as the scenes between Cap and Widow were fantastic and helped break up the more serious scenes and action scenes. Not sure I will ever see a better super hero film. 

31 minutes ago, Iceman399 said:

Ya pretty awesome that line has nothing to do with the movie...cause you know it was in the trailer prior to the movie...

Overall the movie was meh.

I don't watch trailers so I didn't see that until I was watching the film. Trailers turned into big spoilers many years back, so I jus stopped watching them. Its best to go into a film knowing as little about it as possible, at least IMO. 

Edited by OrangeCrush

21 minutes ago, OrangeCrush said:

I don't watch trailers so I didn't see that until I was watching the film. Trailers turned into big spoilers many years back, so I jus stopped watching them. Its best to go into a film knowing as little about it as possible, at least IMO. 

The scene you are talking about has nothing to do with Avengers.  It's a line from the new Deadpool 2 trailer. 

Here is the quote:

Cable tells Deadpool: “You’re no *swears* hero, you’re just a clown dressed up as a sex toy.”

Deadpool replies: “So dark. You sure you’re not from the DC Universe?”

I guess this goes to prove how little of an impact the film had :baiting: 

Edited by Iceman399
remove swear

1 hour ago, OrangeCrush said:
  Hide contents

Same here. My personal favorite line was the "your really dark, you sure your not from the DC universe", lol. That line killed it with the audience. Everyone laughed at that one. 

:insane:

I'm a little confused...your favorite line of the movie was in a trailer before the movie?  Was that trailer even played before the movie?

Edited by Mystafo

On 26/04/2018 at 9:29 AM, 1Cool said:

Where has the time gone.  I remember seeing that chart of upcoming Marvel movies and thinking "2018 / 2019 - that is so far in the future that things will probably implode before then".  An now we sit on the cusp of seeing Avengers Infinity War and Infinity Gauntlet will be here soon.  I kind of feels like the end of an era but maybe its just the beginning.

I prefer the last 4 words!  So many story arcs they can develop in the coming years, spanning multiple characters and their respective films ... for those of us old enough to have read the arcs growing up, it is amazing to see the justice done to them visually ... MMM!

Edited by BuscemasAvengers

15 minutes ago, pjray55 said:

For those that have seen is it too dark for a 6 and 8 year old to see?

There were quite a few kids in my theater.  I can't say for certain how old they were, possibly 10?  There's definitely some mild cussing in the film if that's any sort of reference.

2 hours ago, Guardian Comics said:

Agreed that Winter Soldier and Civil War are the pinnacle of Marvel filmmaking.  Saying Infinity War is bad compared to those two is like saying Toy Story 3 is the worst Toy Story.  They're all knockout films from an individual perspective, but when compared against each other, there will always be a loser.

14 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

Agreed that Winter Soldier and Civil War are the pinnacle of Marvel filmmaking.  Saying Infinity War is bad compared to those two is like saying Toy Story 3 is the worst Toy Story.  They're all knockout films from an individual perspective, but when compared against each other, there will always be a loser.

Didn't say it was bad...just indifferent after my first viewing, will be going again on Monday to soak more of it in.

2 hours ago, Iceman399 said:

The scene you are talking about has nothing to do with Avengers.  It's a line from the new Deadpool 2 trailer. 

Here is the quote:

Cable tells Deadpool: “You’re no *swears* hero, you’re just a clown dressed up as a sex toy.”

Deadpool replies: “So dark. You sure you’re not from the DC Universe?”

I guess this goes to prove how little of an impact the film had :baiting: 

Oh my bad. Just remember hearing it and everyone laughing. I was trying to remember who said it and I couldn't remember. I guess that would be why, lol. 

1 hour ago, ExNihilo said:

Toy Story 3 was bad though.