• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR (May-2018)
5 5

1,498 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, kdoginohio said:

just got home from seeing it. it's marvel. lots going on. awesome effects. plot twists. and some humor. biggest surprise is Peter Dinklage.

Hide contents

didn't think the closing credit scene was worth waiting for

I agree with your comment within the spoiler tags.

Probably said already, but it seemed that 

Spoiler

everyone not turned to dust will be phased out.

Edited by Knightsofold

Just saw this tonight and wow!! I had a great audience. 80% of the theatre got up and cheered just at the Marvel logo. One of the things I found interesting is the theme music while the Marvel logo is being presented. Usually it has upbeat music attached to it, but this was VERY different. Very foreboding music this time around. All in all, definitely one of Marvel's best movies to date. They just can do no wrong and EVERYONE stayed through the entire credit scene, which is one of the longest I have sen to date, to see the extra scene Marvel always throws in the end. I really have to give Kevin Fiege and everyone else involved credit. The sheer number of high profile actors and actresses in this is mind blowing. They did a great job jumping back and forth between everything that was going on. It never once, at least for me, felt jumbled or hard to follow. And WOW, what an opening 10 minutes. Wasn't expecting that at all. In fact, in regards to the whole who lives and who dies angle, it went down pretty much the exact opposite of how thought it would. Cant wait for part 2 next may!!!

Outstanding!!! Personal favorite super hero movie of all time.

Phenomenal integration of so many characters. Just blown away here.

The only downside I can see is that there may be too much to process for those that didn't do their homework and gather all the back-story yet.

Captain Marvel distress call. Looks like we'll be seeing lots more cosmic on the 2nd film.

Wouldn't be surprised to start seeing the big cosmic guys show up.. Uatu.. etc.

Awesome to see Jack Kirby (and smaller Jim Starlin) get credit this one.

Edited by bronze_rules

10 minutes ago, bronze_rules said:

Outstanding!!! Personal favorite super hero movie of all time.

Phenomenal integration of so many characters. Just blown away here.

The only downside I can see is that there may be too much to process for those that didn't do their homework and gather all the back-story yet.

Reveal hidden contents

Captain Marvel distress call. Looks like we'll be seeing lots more cosmic on the 2nd.

This movie is definitely not for someone who is just now jumping into the MCU. This film was crafted from the bottom up for people that have been watching Marvel's films from the very beginning. Can't blame Marvel for that. Anyone who goes to see this without seeing at least some of the previous films....well, those will be the people that wind up disappointed as seeing this film without seeing the others lowers the impact of EVERYTHING in this film by a factor of like 100.

Edited by OrangeCrush

Saw it last night with a co-worker. I'm still taking it in.

There were definitely quite a few scenes to be blown away by the events and actions. There are some that are leaving me feeling mixed. But overall, this is definitely a huge movie.

Peter Dinklage's role was exactly what a few articles wrote to make him meaningful to the story. Though I really wanted him to be the BIGGER rumored role tied to a favorite character.

Edited by Bosco685

6 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

"The villain is the hero of their story"

Thanos was written with a lot of depth and character.  This isn't an Avengers movie...this is a Thanos movie.

He wasn't just written with a lot of depth, but you can also (to an extenet) understand why he is trying to do what he is doing. Just look at the disasters we are facing with our own planet (99% of them can be linked right back to overpopulation). That for me was one of the most ingenious ways Thanos was written and it couldn't have come at a more perfect time given our own challenges we face here on Earth. 

Here is a really good spoiler free review:

http://www.startribune.com/avengers-infinity-war-delivers-major-achievement-in-superhero-storytelling/480852531/

1 hour ago, marvelcollector said:

Then...

Reveal hidden contents

they blew it.

Not even close. At least for the vast majority of MCU fans, this is a grand slam all the way. The 93% rating from the audience on Rottentomatoes is proof of that thus far. Of course, no film ever winds up getting 100% ratings across the board. There are always the select few that see things different. I guess you just might be one of those people. Kinda makes me feel bad for you. Just can't imagine being an MCU fan and not absolutely loving this film because of the reason you stated. 

Edited by OrangeCrush

Saw it last night -- 8/10 for me as a fan of the MCU.  Will definitely see it again in the theater, if only to process the huge amount going on.

LOVED:  90% of the humor -- laughed out loud several times

Tough moral choices for several characters -- -script really felt like a vise, forcing characters to choose black or white

Thanos, both as a character and how they handled the special effects

Dark tone

LIKED:   Actors across the board were effective and in character; despite the many tones of the standalones, the -script did a good job

Interactions among the characters who were 'more than teammates' (Scarlet Witch-Vision, Peter Quill-Gamora, etc.) and some newer combinations (Thor-Rocket, Thanos-Gamora, Iron Man-Dr. Strange)

Much of the final scenes

MEH:     Some of the CGI battles and action felt rushed and hard to follow

Opening scene a little clunky, much like the original Avengers movie

Not much to do for some characters, but understandable given the movie's scope

That's it for now!  

Dan

18 minutes ago, Drummy said:

Saw it last night -- 8/10 for me as a fan of the MCU.  Will definitely see it again in the theater, if only to process the huge amount going on.

LOVED:  90% of the humor -- laughed out loud several times

Tough moral choices for several characters -- --script really felt like a vise, forcing characters to choose black or white

Thanos, both as a character and how they handled the special effects

Dark tone

LIKED:   Actors across the board were effective and in character; despite the many tones of the standalones, the --script did a good job

Interactions among the characters who were 'more than teammates' (Scarlet Witch-Vision, Peter Quill-Gamora, etc.) and some newer combinations (Thor-Rocket, Thanos-Gamora, Iron Man-Dr. Strange)

Much of the final scenes

MEH:     Some of the CGI battles and action felt rushed and hard to follow

Opening scene a little clunky, much like the original Avengers movie

Not much to do for some characters, but understandable given the movie's scope

That's it for now!  

Dan

Spoiler

Same here. My personal favorite line was the "your really dark, you sure your not from the DC universe", lol. That line killed it with the audience. Everyone laughed at that one.