• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Descender #1 Image Comics March 2015

470 posts in this topic

sell as many covers as possible before people realize it's not an on-going series. I imagine that is the game eh?

It's ongoing:

So right now we're plotted at 24 issues minimum, and I wouldn't be surprised if we end up doing more like 40 or 50 issues, if we're successful enough

Or at least as ongoing as most other non-superhero books (Saga and TWD aside).

It is ongoing and sony has acquired film rights, yes I know that it doesn't mean it will be produced but....its right up the line for a movie.

a little boy looking for home in a universe that hates and fears him. The incredibly lifelike artificial boy, TIM-21, may hold the secrets deep in his machine DNA to the origin of robots that have decimated entire planets. As a result, he is the most-wanted robot in the universe. Before long the entire galaxy is looking for TIM-21 and his rag-tag group of unlikely companions, as they make their way from one exotic planet to the next with new foes advancing on them at every turn.

http://www.movieweb.com/descender-movie-comic-book-sony

It is ongoing and sony has acquired film rights, yes I know that it doesn't mean it will be produced but....its right up the line for a movie.

a little boy looking for home in a universe that hates and fears him. The incredibly lifelike artificial boy, TIM-21, may hold the secrets deep in his machine DNA to the origin of robots that have decimated entire planets. As a result, he is the most-wanted robot in the universe. Before long the entire galaxy is looking for TIM-21 and his rag-tag group of unlikely companions, as they make their way from one exotic planet to the next with new foes advancing on them at every turn.

http://www.movieweb.com/descender-movie-comic-book-sony

That's bananas... Book hasn't even come out yet and there's already movie talks? Makes me think that this could be a ploy to boost sales...

Nah, it's legit. Same thing happened with Wytches. We're at the point where studios are willing to buy the rights based on the first issue and presumably the overall plot outline. It's still cheaper than commissioning a Hollywood screenwriting crew to come up with a concept.

Nah, it's legit. Same thing happened with Wytches. We're at the point where studios are willing to buy the rights based on the first issue and presumably the overall plot outline. It's still cheaper than commissioning a Hollywood screenwriting crew to come up with a concept.

Sure

y

Yeah, I saw that along with a few websites claiming the same thing. I was looking for the official announcement from sony.

Btw, no need to convince me. I know this "hype thing" is part of the show. I'm actually going to pick up a copy for myself.

y

Yeah, I saw that along with a few websites claiming the same thing. I was looking for the official announcement from sony.

Btw, no need to convince me. I know this "hype thing" is part of the show. I'm actually going to pick up a copy for myself.

Hype thing? (shrug)

y

No don't buy it yet!....... do some more research...... its got to be a conspiracy.

Sony wants you to give image that three bucks :facepalm:

y

No don't buy it yet!....... do some more research...... its got to be a conspiracy.

K

y

j

K

L

M

N

O

P

y

j

K

L

M

N

O

P

^^