• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Descender #1 Image Comics March 2015

470 posts in this topic

This is getting out of hand. Pimpin ain't easy, but please do it somewhere else.

Perhaps someone can chime in what exactly this person meant in their reply to my posting. "Pimpin"? I was trying to help others here with the Descender #1 variant from ECCC by providing the link so they could order it without having to go the eBay route and more importantly those who can't attend the show. I am not affiliated with the shop but know of them since they are local. If helping people out is a crime, then perhaps this isn't the forum for me.

Yep.

Weird. I'm pretty sure the B cover was a separate order number through Diamond, so it may not be a 50/50 split.

Cover B will be harder to find than Cover A because at the time the comic was originally solicited in Previews, only Cover A was offered. Diamond then offered the Cover B to retailers but it was buried in a Diamond Update and sometimes retailers overlook those and thus, fail to see it offered, and it can result in not many copies out there. This is in fact the case for the B cover, retailers had to order it separately via that order update.

Also it doesn't appear that #1 is available for reorders so that is generally a sign of it being sold-out so expect a "first printing has sold out" announcement soon is my best guess.

It's adorable when somebody has an obvious position in a modern comic & they join the community to "help"

Adorable.

Which is of course in sharp contrast to all of your blatant attempts to pimp poltergeist variants.

"Hello, kettle! I am the pot. You, sir...are black!"

:facepalm:

It's adorable when somebody has an obvious position in a modern comic & they join the community to "help"

Adorable.

Which is of course in sharp contrast to all of your blatant attempts to pimp poltergeist variants.

Oh, good, someone said it.

Adorable.

I was being entirely facetious.

The only reason I'm here is to pimp & have been called out for it daily.

( Just so you all know: I SELL COMICS )

Adorable.

I was being entirely facetious.

The only reason I'm here is to pimp & have been called out for it daily.

( Just so you all know: I SELL COMICS )

lol

I thought it was great that he came on here after I asked for help from anybody and everybody in obtaining a copy. I wasn't able to make my purchase go through for whatever reason but the gesture was nice and I appreciated it. I'm still looking if anybody was able to get some. :wishluck:

Adorable.

Larry, could you tell me what my "obvious position in a modern comic" is exactly? So I assume that everyone that signs up to this site and yes, "helps" as you call it, other members is someone that has a vested interest in the comic they are talking about?

Let's see. I live in Seattle. I used to work in the comic industry in a position where I got to know a lot of creators but also a large number of the comic stores in the area. I know of the comic store also in Seattle, offering the ECCC variant and noticed they were selling a limited amount online for $10. I had done a Google search about "Descender". I saw this forum. I then signed up and saw people talking about the variant and the mention of the big con we have here. Because people had been talking about the ECCC variant, no one had taken notice that they could simply pre-orer a copy from the store itself at the SAME price that they would be selling it at the con. Since I posted that, people have been able to purchase the comic.

So let's figure out where my "obvious position" is and what did I gain from it? Did I profit from it? No. Did the store ask me to post? No. Did I want to help out fellow fans of the series by simply letting them know they could order it from the store rather than paying the eBay prices? Yes. Did I do so by expecting anything in return? Other than a "hey thanks", no I wasn't.

I can understand if in the past people have come on this site and prompted themselves or products per say and that maybe you had a bad experience and are going based on that, but its always best to find out your facts before pointing fingers and making accusations.

There is another non-Descender first issue seeing an ECCC exclusive that isn't posted on the site, I was going to see if anyone wanted me to help them out by picking them up a copy but if I am going to be met with some that are attacking me for actually helping people, why would I bother?

I am not sure what type of world you live in Larry, it sounds like it's one full of conspiracy, doubt, and assumptions. I am sorry but that world seems too depressing for me.

Adorable.

Larry, could you tell me what my "obvious position in a modern comic" is exactly? So I assume that everyone that signs up to this site and yes, "helps" as you call it, other members is someone that has a vested interest in the comic they are talking about?

Let's see. I live in Seattle. I used to work in the comic industry in a position where I got to know a lot of creators but also a large number of the comic stores in the area. I know of the comic store also in Seattle, offering the ECCC variant and noticed they were selling a limited amount online for $10. I had done a Google search about "Descender". I saw this forum. I then signed up and saw people talking about the variant and the mention of the big con we have here. Because people had been talking about the ECCC variant, no one had taken notice that they could simply pre-orer a copy from the store itself at the SAME price that they would be selling it at the con. Since I posted that, people have been able to purchase the comic.

So let's figure out where my "obvious position" is and what did I gain from it? Did I profit from it? No. Did the store ask me to post? No. Did I want to help out fellow fans of the series by simply letting them know they could order it from the store rather than paying the eBay prices? Yes. Did I do so by expecting anything in return? Other than a "hey thanks", no I wasn't.

I can understand if in the past people have come on this site and prompted themselves or products per say and that maybe you had a bad experience and are going based on that, but its always best to find out your facts before pointing fingers and making accusations.

There is another non-Descender first issue seeing an ECCC exclusive that isn't posted on the site, I was going to see if anyone wanted me to help them out by picking them up a copy but if I am going to be met with some that are attacking me for actually helping people, why would I bother?

I am not sure what type of world you live in Larry, it sounds like it's one full of conspiracy, doubt, and assumptions. I am sorry but that world seems too depressing for me.

*SHRUG*

No. I'm dumb....

( and paranoid & depressed )

I thought it was great that he came on here after I asked for help from anybody and everybody in obtaining a copy. I wasn't able to make my purchase go through for whatever reason but the gesture was nice and I appreciated it. I'm still looking if anybody was able to get some. :wishluck:

Authority I have no problem helping you out, I am sure I will be able to get them at the show as I will be there. If you are able to order them via their online store, great, if not, we can discuss further.

You got my thanks bud , and I certainly appreciated it. I'd move on and not let one bad post ruin your day, others here appreciated it. If it was pimp it was a damn good one and everyone that jumped it got a deal . Thanks again

Authority I have no problem helping you out, I am sure I will be able to get them at the show as I will be there. If you are able to order them via their online store, great, if not, we can discuss further.

Thanks and I hope you stick around on the boards. I think you'll find that like Larry, like you, is one of the helpful people on the boards. Sometimes having fun and being a little sarcastic gets lost in text. (thumbs u

*SHRUG*

No. I'm dumb....

Larry, your attempts at humor are rather baffling. Remember YOU made accusations about me, not the other way around. I don't you, you don't know me but you pretend too. I pretty much laid it out in my response. Why I have to defend myself just because I am new to this site and wanting to help people out in finding one of the ECCC variants is rather mind blowing to say the least.

I realize every forum out there has someone like "Larry" where as it's really more so a cry for attention than anything else, but perhaps rather than being an a-hole about it, you could have just said "Hey thanks for the info on the variant". If you want to spend 2x-3x the money on eBay, so be it. If you want to get it for the original price, re-read my original posting, either way it's up to you.

*SHRUG*

No. I'm dumb....

Larry, your attempts at humor are rather baffling. Remember YOU made accusations about me, not the other way around. I don't you, you don't know me but you pretend too. I pretty much laid it out in my response. Why I have to defend myself just because I am new to this site and wanting to help people out in finding one of the ECCC variants is rather mind blowing to say the least.

I realize every forum out there has someone like "Larry" where as it's really more so a cry for attention than anything else, but perhaps rather than being an a-hole about it, you could have just said "Hey thanks for the info on the variant". If you want to spend 2x-3x the money on eBay, so be it. If you want to get it for the original price, re-read my original posting, either way it's up to you.

I'd love to meet other "Larry's"

I bet they're handsome.

Thanks and I hope you stick around on the boards. I think you'll find that like Larry, like you, is one of the helpful people on the boards. Sometimes having fun and being a little sarcastic gets lost in text. (thumbs u

Thanks to you and Astoria as well for your comments. While I am sure Larry is a nice guy who has helped a lot of people out, would he have appreciated being attacked the first time he helped people out here? Probably not so it's not really a warm welcome to new members when right out of the gate they are being accused of something, be it by a few members. I'd have more respect for him if he simply apologized and welcomed me here than continued on with his "look at me, don't you think I am funny" responses.

For those that were able to order a copy or two from the site, great. The store is quite popular and does very well on it's own, it doesn't need me or anyone else promoting them, but I figure to help people out here who show a common interest, so be it, I just didn't think I would get attacked for doing so.

By the way, the other variant at ECCC will be for the upcoming Image series called "Invisible Republic", which is an ongoing series. There is expected to be a #1 exclusive cover, I believe limited to only 500 copies. Just an FYI....

Thanks to you and Astoria as well for your comments. While I am sure Larry is a nice guy who has helped a lot of people out, would he have appreciated being attacked the first time he helped people out here? Probably not so it's not really a warm welcome to new members when right out of the gate they are being accused of something, be it by a few members. I'd have more respect for him if he simply apologized and welcomed me here than continued on with his "look at me, don't you think I am funny" responses.

For those that were able to order a copy or two from the site, great. The store is quite popular and does very well on it's own, it doesn't need me or anyone else promoting them, but I figure to help people out here who show a common interest, so be it, I just didn't think I would get attacked for doing so.

By the way, the other variant at ECCC will be for the upcoming Image series called "Invisible Republic", which is an ongoing series. There is expected to be a #1 exclusive cover, I believe limited to only 500 copies. Just an FYI....

Snicker...