• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DAREDEVIL #1 CLUB
15 15

940 posts in this topic

Beautiful CGC 9.0!! Congrats!! The Daredevil movie was one of my all time favorite super hero movies ever made.Thinking about I am going to watch the movie tonight (Have not seen it in a few years but I remember my favorite scene when Bullseye is in the bar throwing darts while drinking his beer and not even looking at the dart board!!

Edited by Hulk1962

Beautiful CGC 9.0!! Congrats!! The Daredevil movie was one of my all time favorite super hero movies ever made.Thinking about I am going to watch the movie tonight (Have not seen it in a few years but I remember my favorite scene when Bullseye is in the bar throwing darts while drinking his beer and not even looking at the dart board!!

Afleck fan?

The movie was good for its time, people just enjoy trashing it. Great soundtrack, and very enjoyable for when it came out, though some scenes were always terrible (end fight in the cathedral for instance).

It does not hold up well as comic book movies have moved forward a lot in terms of quality since then, but I have no problem saying that I enjoyed it and Elektra when they were new.

Ben Affleck though, is one of those actors (like Will Smith), who you are always aware of while he is acting and it does break the story/character a fair bit. That's why I think he will be terrible in Batman vs Superman. Whenever he is in the Batman costume, he'll be fine, but as Bruce Wayne (or Matt Murdock in Daredevil) he is still going to be very very much "Ben Affleck playing a character".

Edited by CBT

The movie was good for its time, people just enjoy trashing it. Great soundtrack, and very enjoyable for when it came out, though some scenes were always terrible (end fight in the cathedral for instance).

It does not hold up well as comic book movies have moved forward a lot in terms of quality since then, but I have no problem saying that I enjoyed it and Elektra when they were new.

Ben Affleck though, is one of those actors (like Will Smith), who you are always aware of while he is acting and it does break the story/character a fair bit. That's why I think he will be terrible in Batman vs Superman. Whenever he is in the Batman costume, he'll be fine, but as Bruce Wayne (or Matt Murdock in Daredevil) he is still going to be very very much "Ben Affleck playing a character".

Director's Cut for DD is all that needs to be said for a night and day difference.

As for when I heard Benny boy was cast as Batman - all chance of me seeing that movie in the theatre left the building.

I totally agree. I enjoyed the movie at the time but people seemed to instantly bash it mostly because of him. He was totally Ben playing a part but even as Matt Murdock I thought he was pretty good.