• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HERITAGE FEB 2015 - Spam Free Edition

183 posts in this topic

I was surprised at that BWS / Layton Solar page went for about $1200 with BP. I think Layton inks BWS very well but am surprised it went over $1000. I was in until $900 but that got a little high in my opinion.

Don't you mean Quesada and Layton?

I was surprised at that BWS / Layton Solar page went for about $1200 with BP. I think Layton inks BWS very well but am surprised it went over $1000. I was in until $900 but that got a little high in my opinion.

? Nope. BWS / Bob Layton

I'm still a little baffled as to why the Everett cat pages went for the same amount as submariner 51 page 17.

So you'd rather spend your leisure time with a bunch of violent aliens than a beautiful woman? That said, the Subby did have some Namorita in it..perhaps it shold have gone for a bit more...

Part of the greatness of the hobby is that values are +/- 25% in the eye of the beholder

Mark

I'm still a little baffled as to why the Everett cat pages went for the same amount as submariner 51 page 17.

So you'd rather spend your leisure time with a bunch of violent aliens than a beautiful woman? That said, the Subby did have some Namorita in it..perhaps it shold have gone for a bit more...

Part of the greatness of the hobby is that values are +/- 25% in the eye of the beholder

Mark

Haha!

Really, the drawing on that page was truly sharp and the page layout was great....excellent movement, sure not much subby, but EVERETT on his game.

But I definitley would rather spend my nights with the Cat :)

? Nope. BWS / Bob Layton

Sorry, thought you were talking about the cover rather than the interior page.

This is incredible :cloud9:

MCP #78 Splash

Wow!

Yeah Man!

One person's Wow is another man's Yay! :whee:

Malvin

You got that one malvin! Awesome. Did you get a better job in the last year or so? hm

Oops, no I should have been more clear, I did not get that one. It was just another data point that supports the value of the BWS cover that I have.

Malvin

MCP #78 Splash

Wow!

Yeah Man!

Malvin

You got that one malvin! Awesome. Did you get a better job in the last year or so? hm

Oops, no I should have been more clear, I did not get that one. It was just another data point that supports the value of the BWS cover that I have.

Malvin

lol

:applause:

MCP #78 Splash

Wow!

Yeah Man!

Malvin

Malvin

Yeah, I was like "Malvin don't shiv mon" and thought you were on a tear!

MCP #78 Splash

Wow!

Yeah Man!

Malvin

Malvin

Yeah, I was like "Malvin don't shiv mon" and thought you were on a tear!

And when I thought he won it at that price I thought he'd been lobotomized first. lol

So about a year and half after the auction ended, we get a better sense of what the consignor (and/or HA) meant by "The art has been professionally conserved" with respect to the cover to UXM 162 (from the email Robert Dennis sent to the Comic-L group):

This piece of art was so foul (it had urine stains) that I had to wear a face mask and vinyl gloves:

And here're the before and after pictureas from Robert's CAF page:

eTqH2xHG_2009161548591gpadd.jpg

Don't know about you, but doesn't sound like just "conservation" to me. I'm starting to think that HA maybe should consider providing more information about the type of conservation/restoration work that was done on a piece.