• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney's Indiana Jones
3 3

413 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, D84 said:

Latest set photo from Indiana Jones and for the Love of God Don't Make Another One.Screenshot_20210608-102211_Chrome.thumb.jpg.9cc0ce4fd5efc242748e1a91740de3cd.jpg

As much as Harrison Ford is the definitive movie star for my generation, seeing him looking kind of bow legged and arthritic in this photo makes me a little sad. He is my favorite actor off all time and has given me such great joy.

46 minutes ago, media_junkie said:

Disney better fire up the "Deep Fakes" machines, cause damn he looks old.

I don't mind that he's old, but he looks highly confused or incredibly high in that photo.

9 minutes ago, Bill C said:

Yeah the rumor is Indy goes back in time and fights Nazis along side his deep fake younger self.

Old Indy dies and the girl who is his teaching assistant (who time travels with him) becomes the new (female) "Indy". 

That sounds like Disney.🤦‍♂️

Harrison Ford Injured During Indiana Jones 5 Production, Disney Issues Statement

Harrison Ford suffered an injury on the Indiana Jones 5 set.

Shooting began this month on the highly-anticipated and still-untitled sequel in the United Kingdom, filming at Pinewood Studios and other locations. According to Deadline, the severity of Ford's injury remains unknown at this time, but we do know that the injury was to the 78-year-old actor's shoulder. Walt Disney Pictures released a statement saying, “In the course of rehearsing for a fight scene, Harrison Ford sustained an injury involving his shoulder. Production will continue while the appropriate course of treatment is evaluated, and the filming schedule will be reconfigured as needed in the coming weeks.”

Ford hasn't had the best luck on set when reprising beloved classic characters from his filmography. In 2014, while reprising Han Solo for Star Wars: The Force Awakens, he suffered a serious injury to his leg when a hydraulic door on Pinewood's Millennium Falcon set closed unexpectedly. In 2016, reprising his role as Rick Deckard for Blade Runner 2049, Ford accidentally landed what was meant to be a fake punch on co-star Ryan Gosling's face, hurting his own hand in the process.

Indiana Jones 5 opens in theaters on July 28, 2022.

On 6/16/2021 at 10:43 AM, D84 said:

I don't mind that he's old, but he looks highly confused or incredibly high in that photo.

There are dozens of stories from co-stars, drivers, directors, etc claiming that Ford has been a stoner his entire adult life, including being high on set, so the latter could be true.

22 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

There are dozens of stories from co-stars, drivers, directors, etc claiming that Ford has been a stoner his entire adult life, including being high on set, so the latter could be true.

The rumor when I lived in L.A. was he smoked the stuff that would knock Snoop Dog out.

5 minutes ago, D84 said:
28 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

The rumor when I lived in L.A. was he smoked the stuff that would knock Snoop Dog out.

Carrie Fisher claimed she remembers almost nothing from the year she dated Ford and that Star Wars was filmed in 1976 because his weed was so much more powerful than any other she had tried before.

8 hours ago, fett said:

That sounds like Tomb Raider. :) 

But Tomb Raider was an original IP when it came out, not riding on the coat tails of name recognition.

Disney is incapable of creating an original IP anymore. Last one I can think of was Frozen, and that one is iffy, in 2013. All they do now is recycling names we know.

Edited by D84

13 minutes ago, D84 said:

But Tomb Raider was an original IP when it came out, not riding on the coat tails of name recognition.

Disney is incapable of creating an original IP anymore. Last one I can think of was Frozen, and that one is iffy, in 2013. All they do now is recycling names we know.

Seems like this has been the bugaboo with Disney for a long time, only with some original creations sprinkled in here and there.
But heck - you can see why they bought Pixar and Lucasfilm and Marvel.