• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney's Indiana Jones
3 3

413 posts in this topic

On 5/19/2023 at 5:25 PM, Larryw7 said:

I can't believe I'm saying this about an Indiana Jones movie, but I'm going to pass. :(

It isn't Indiana Jones anymore except by name. 

In the future hopefully they recast him to continue new adventures with the character with a capable actor, but we are most likely to get a female lead.

Indiana Jones sucked after the first sequel, Temple of Doom or whatever that POS is called. If 40 years of crappy Indiana Jones movies don't teach you anything, you may be unteachable. 

On 5/19/2023 at 6:08 PM, NoMan said:

Indiana Jones sucked after the first sequel, Temple of Doom or whatever that POS is called. If 40 years of crappy Indiana Jones movies don't teach you anything, you may be unteachable. 

i didnt like Temple of Doom but enjoyed Last Crusade but the first film is the best by a longshot

On 5/19/2023 at 6:16 PM, D84 said:

From the BBC Review. I hope this isn't true.

Hide contents

Screenshot_20230519_180248_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a490d663d9a8db78b9043782c40cd254.jpg

Here's a link to the full review.

https://www.bbc.com/culture/article/20230519-indiana-jones-and-the-dial-of-destiny-review-gloomy-and-depressing-final-act

Sounds about as interesting as one of my journeys through the north side of Chicago in my youth, trying to find an open dry cleaner on a Sunday.  I had thrown up on a friends area rug the night before (alcohol was possibly involved), bagged it in the AM, then set off on my quest with my trusty best friend at the time.  As the journey wore on, I started calling myself and my baggage “Archimedes and his Golden Fleece.”  Greek mythology scholars everywhere were appalled.  I never did find a dry cleaner, wound up replacing the rug instead.

Now that I’ve typed it out loud, my journey was more interesting than this movie.

On 5/20/2023 at 1:59 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

I hope I am wrong, and that this movie great.

However, we all know it wont be good and while this movie may not bomb, it wont make a lot of money.

With a $300 million budget and lets say another $100 million in advertising based on 2.5 to break even this movie will need to do $1 billion just to break even!

On 5/20/2023 at 2:55 PM, media_junkie said:

With a $300 million budget and lets say another $100 million in advertising based on 2.5 to break even this movie will need to do $1 billion just to break even!

Yeah, you think the marketing budget is only $100 million? :facepalm: