• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney's Indiana Jones
3 3

413 posts in this topic

On 10/18/2021 at 12:12 PM, Bosco685 said:

Full article as I am finally sitting down after eating dinner and having been at work all day. I cannot believe they are pushing everything back like this... again.   I wonder if it would have made sense to do another Disney release on the Plus channel and release another movie almost back to back to get people excited.  The longer you delay the less, not more, interest is directed toward the project. 

At this point ... seriously?  He will be 82.  Rumor has them playing around with facial CGC changes due to a time travel plot. 

Whatevs... 

https://www.thewrap.com/doctor-strange-2-marvel-films-move/

Edited by Buzzetta

On 5/26/2022 at 7:08 PM, D84 said:

Where's that from?

It was shown at the Star Wars Celebration fest gathering con thingy today.   Ford showed some footage himself and everyone liked it. 

Both Ford and Spielberg did MORE than their part to dodge Crystal Skull.  Lucas had the idea for that film back in the early 1990s, and both Ford and Spielberg didn't like it and refused to do it.  They stuck to that for well over a decade, and so did Lucas.  Eventually they realized Lucas never changes his mind and agreed to do it.

My main curiosity are the reasons Spielberg stepped down as director.  I've heard what he's said about it and am not convinced that the reasons he's giving are the reasons he stepped down.  The concept for the current film has been around since 2016, and some sort of unspecified "disputes" have delayed it since then.  I'm curious about what the disputes were...

I'm also curious as to who they pass the mantle to.  They tried with Shia LeBeouf, but he became such a flake after Crystal Skull that I'm not at all surprised they decided against passing the series to him.  I thought for sure they'd pass it to Chris Pratt, but apparently not.  (shrug)

On 10/21/2022 at 4:53 AM, Bosco685 said:

@Buzzetta 

That's honestly hilarious.  

Now, reality is setting in and I am going to go to work and try not to get stabbed on the way there.  :( 

It's getting worse during the hours I travel. 

Man, they really missed an opportunity with this film to have the kid who played Short Round in Temple of Doom come back.  I can't really blame them for not realizing he might be available, as he apparently retired from acting when he was a kid and has been doing other things for 30 years.  But he just came back for Everything, Everywhere All at Once, and he was awesome in that, and it would have been so cool to see him revisit the role for this.  I think audiences would have lost their collective minds.  

Sigh.  Might have beens....