• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Let's see your 3 most expensive comics.

475 posts in this topic

This thread should be two posts.

I feel silly I posted my three :facepalm:

no way man they are all great... Be proud.

+1

I love my comics, even though I know my collection is nothing compared to others.

Comics rule. Every collection is special. You bought them, or traded for them, and I would say you also love them.

It's great to see all kinds of books posted, not just the big dogs.

Agreed. It's not a contest. Show your prizes.

Of course I haven't shown mine yet. I think this is the only one that isn't some recent premium HC that would go for over $100, unless I got REALLY lucky on the few other comics I may have spent $40-$50 on in the past couple years.

loveandrockets_zpsb88c792a.jpg

I'm much more interested in completing difficult runs, and I think a have a few short runs worth more than this, but not a single comic.

Had to sell a few grails to get this one, but it's finally mine.

That's a keeper... Predates spider Gwen and the other one with the black hair, who's not Jessica drew.

That screams signature series to me!

Some books different from the usual first appearances. These are not my most expensive, but among my favs. The MCCs were not my submissions, I had to buy them slabbed. Frank Brunner signed that SSOC in front of me at Terry's Socal Con in 201

ASM300C990158629001-2.jpg

SM1C99977279020fc-2.jpg

SSOC8CGC94SS-2.jpg

Savage Sword of Conan, on a whole, must have the most beautiful covers.

I love the painted covers.

Posting my top extensive books in the order of value.

This thread is great - I get to see what everyone else have in their collections. Great diversity of many different issues and such. Obviously ... mine aren't anywhere near to others like AC #1 or ASM #1 or holy grails if you want call that lol

These books I have here are related as my favourite cover or story or both. That plays in part in what I'm chasing on my WTB binder book in my adventures in comic cons, shows and elsewhere. When my hobby budget allows me to spend.

In order as follow: Archie's Pal Jughead #1, Showcase #43 and Jughead #2.

ScannedImage-2_zpsb464588f.jpg

ScannedImage_zps349604c2.jpg

ScannedImage-3_zps24876512.jpg