• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Let's see your 3 most expensive comics.

475 posts in this topic

This thread has legs. Wow, great books everyone.

HULK1Z.jpg

011-1.jpg

Okay, this is kinda cheating but here's a group shot of 3 expensive books.

IMG_3749.jpg

Nice books Bob, especially the BB 28 and Hulk 1!

IMG_1731.jpg

Went to your website to check it out - SO COOL! Are you guys up and going now?

We are doing a soft opening on Saturday so we will have around 10 groups of people coming through. The only place you can buy our stuff I'd out of the distillery right now. We just got our initial cases packed and are working on getting in a few local liquor stores. Hopefully next week we will be open to everyone.

Our products taste very different than the industrial products. We are able to do some every interesting fermentation and distillation to develop very unique flavor profiles. I just barreled 53 gallons that had a deep butterscotch smell and flavor. It should age real nice.

And yes, 46% is 92 proof. We figured people like a little more kick in their spirits (thumbs u

Harvey , love your DD 1. Regarding the discussion on the grade, I have some books from the same collection as your DD 1, in fact my Avengers 1 in 8.0 hung out with your DD 1 for 50 years. Anyway, the books from this collection were not pressed and were very strictly graded. Whether your book was pressed or simply resubbed, it received a bump and it looks great in a 9.2 slab. If it's truly a keeper I wouldn't subject it to any more processing. Also, as you mentioned Joey thought it would get a 9.4, if it did would you now be the owner ? It would have been much more expensive and after all, still the same book. Enjoy it as is, it's a great book, maybe the best copy I've ever seen. :cloud9:

nobude.png

Harvey

How is this DD#1 not higher than a 9.2? That book is just beautiful :applause:

Thanks! It's the pride of my collection. I had bought it from Joey (roulette44) and he thought it would have been a 9.4.

There is a TINY nick right under Foggy's chin on the front cover and the grader's notes say "Lite Shadows" at the bottom of the front cover and on the back cover. I've definitely hm about resubmitting it and hoping for a 9.4, but I'm happy with it as is. It's my "Near Mint ( :gossip: -) " copy I've always dreamed about owning. :cloud9:

Harvey , love your DD 1. Regarding the discussion on the grade, I have some books from the same collection as your DD 1, in fact my Avengers 1 in 8.0 hung out with your DD 1 for 50 years. Anyway, the books from this collection were not pressed and were very strictly graded. Whether your book was pressed or simply resubbed, it received a bump and it looks great in a 9.2 slab. If it's truly a keeper I wouldn't subject it to any more processing. Also, as you mentioned Joey thought it would get a 9.4, if it did would you now be the owner ? It would have been much more expensive and after all, still the same book. Enjoy it as is, it's a great book, maybe the best copy I've ever seen. :cloud9:

nobude.png

Harvey

How is this DD#1 not higher than a 9.2? That book is just beautiful :applause:

Thanks! It's the pride of my collection. I had bought it from Joey (roulette44) and he thought it would have been a 9.4.

There is a TINY nick right under Foggy's chin on the front cover and the grader's notes say "Lite Shadows" at the bottom of the front cover and on the back cover. I've definitely hm about resubmitting it and hoping for a 9.4, but I'm happy with it as is. It's my "Near Mint ( :gossip: -) " copy I've always dreamed about owning. :cloud9:

PM incoming! :grin:

And I'm definitely happy with it as a 9.2 and won't be doing anything with it. And if it were a 9.4, no way I would have been able to afford it which is why I'm happy it IS a 9.2 and looks like a 9.4.