• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Let's see your 3 most expensive comics.

475 posts in this topic

My 3 Favorite :cloud9: / Most Expensive books

Very nice. Is that a date stamp on the Bats 227? If so do you mind letting me know what the specific date is? I ask as I have seen a few copies with my birthday on them but never a HG copy.

Thank you. The date stamp is Nov 3

My 3 Favorite :cloud9: / Most Expensive books

Very nice. Is that a date stamp on the Bats 227? If so do you mind letting me know what the specific date is? I ask as I have seen a few copies with my birthday on them but never a HG copy.

Thank you. The date stamp is Nov 3

:popcorn:

Wow, there are some great books here!

In my own bubble, these are my crown jewels, these are also my there most expensive books to date.

13198.JPG

15973.JPG

The 100 page giant, Action #443, was a cover I admired as a kid when I first started getting into comics. I got it from ComicLink, I actually bid the piece up to the price it would sell for within two hours of listing, and this was a two week long auction. I still can't believe I won, I never thought I find a 9.8 100 pager.

Action #375 is from 1969, I never thought I would land a DC from this era in 9.8. Action #399 belonged to another registry user for years and covet I did. I believe in "buy the book, not the label" but I love these because they are high grade, great cover art and my favorite character don't hurt either.

Such a great idea with that key chart :)

P.JPG

When I bought that book, I thought it only had 8 signatures (from the principal cast - that was all I was concerned about), I only realized when I did that chart that John DeLancie (Q) had signed the book, too. I was totally stoked.

I LOVE the Rambo comic. That is awesome.

If you ever -- for some insane reason -- decide to sell this book, DIBS (please).

I'm a ST:TNG fanboy from way back when. Watched every episode as a kid on my old CRT TV in my bedroom (with the rabbit ears).

Keep me in mind :wishluck:

:headbang:

I'm the same way. I used to watch TNG all day at my comic shop (I traded comics to a customer for a set of VHS tapes recorded from her Columbia House tape collection). Trekkers would come in, hang out, talk about whatever episode was on, etc. For me, that book is just as nostalgic as the other two and reminds me of my comic shop days.

I came really, really close to considering it awhile back. I stared at it, asked a couple people about what other books are on the registry like it, and discovered that it's the only 9-sig 9.8 out there. After I found that out, I knew if I parted with it, I'd regret it.

....it's not the kind of book you get rid of. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u