• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Let's see your 3 most expensive comics.

475 posts in this topic

They're in my sig line.

I love the DD 131 cgc 9.8 in your sig line, really nice book.

I love all the books in his sig line lol

Thanks guys! :foryou:

30rl504.jpg

It was the first book I spent more than a few hundred dollars on.

They're in my sig line.

I love the DD 131 cgc 9.8 in your sig line, really nice book.

I love all the books in his sig line lol

Thanks guys! :foryou:

30rl504.jpg

It was the first book I spent more than a few hundred dollars on.

I like that book too, mine is a pitiful 9.0 I think, MAYBE 9.2. I forgot.

Mr. Harvey "Specter" Swick, did you go out looking for a 9.8 or did you buy it raw and got lucky when you sent it in?

I have some really nice titles anywhere from a 9.0 to 9.6, I can't bring myself to try to get them all in 9.8. Sometimes the price difference between that little .2 gap is ridiculous and I cannot justify it. I'd rather spend the "extra" cash on other books or whatever. Kudos to everyone with all thos 9.8's but I think of all the books I submitted thinking it was, or rather COULD be a 9.8, only one came back as such, My Thief of Thieves #1 signed by Kirkman, all my others come back as 9.6's and a couple 9.4's

I seem to have a deficiency in posting pictures. Guess it's the perpetual curse of the new guy. Anyway, until I figure it out I'm stuck using old fashioned text....

1) Amazing Fantasy 15, CGC 2.5. Equally the most valuable and cost me the most money as I purchased it just a few months ago (ouch!). Been watching it at auction and sensed that it was nearing a level where I had to pull the trigger, or forever hold my pieces of gold in my wallet. Always wanted a copy. It totally fulfills a boyhood dream ("I'll never afford to own a copy!, etc"). I'll never sell it.

2) Showcase 22, CGC 3.0. Love me some space opera!

3) Iron Man #55, raw but likely 8.0ish. Sort of a drop off from the first two, but I love me some Thanos (more space opera!).

Cheers everyone. Look forward to sharing and learning from you all.

Welcome aboard! You will learn a TON!

I'll contribute to that. There's a sticky thread for new members. Go in there and it explains how to upload photos/scans and pretty much how to do everything you need to do.

nobude.png

Harvey

How is this DD#1 not higher than a 9.2? That book is just beautiful :applause:

Thanks! It's the pride of my collection. I had bought it from Joey (roulette44) and he thought it would have been a 9.4.

There is a TINY nick right under Foggy's chin on the front cover and the grader's notes say "Lite Shadows" at the bottom of the front cover and on the back cover. I've definitely hm about resubmitting it and hoping for a 9.4, but I'm happy with it as is. It's my "Near Mint ( :gossip: -) " copy I've always dreamed about owning. :cloud9:

nobude.png

Harvey

How is this DD#1 not higher than a 9.2? That book is just beautiful :applause:

Thanks! It's the pride of my collection. I had bought it from Joey (roulette44) and he thought it would have been a 9.4.

There is a TINY nick right under Foggy's chin on the front cover and the grader's notes say "Lite Shadows" at the bottom of the front cover and on the back cover. I've definitely hm about resubmitting it and hoping for a 9.4, but I'm happy with it as is. It's my "Near Mint ( :gossip: -) " copy I've always dreamed about owning. :cloud9:

Well, it looks 9.4 to me. Congratulations :headbang:

My more valuable stuff (of which there was not a lot), I was happy to sell all for happy profits. :eek:

best of the rest

IMG_1331.jpg

Cost me a ton for a painted Texeria.

IMG_1437.jpg

IMG_03331_zpsc9ceaac1.jpg

Honrable Mention for most valuable raw

IMG_3490_zps22e25414.jpg

You definitely know all about the common flaws with my crazy lists. :insane:

And you were definitely helpful in my decision that this was "the one". :foryou:

By no means crazy, you actually aided me in learning literally all the production flaws that DDs have. Personally I think it is one of the most flawed #1 SA books.

Your book is really a really a great way to guage DD #1s, honestly.