• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Let's see your 3 most expensive comics.

475 posts in this topic

I'll post my lowly entries, this thread is fun!

My most expensive and by FAR favorite book:

IMG_4373_zpse4cc94ec.jpg

And then these two are pretty cool:

IMG_4605_zps1f92a72f.jpg

IMG_4398_zpsbe233ccc.jpg

Honorable mention:

TtA27_zpsc206afae.jpg

IMG_3835_zps22ffdd4e.jpg

IMG_09451_zpsgn8sjwyi.jpg

Didn't know if I was going to play or not but then someone started bringing out a few things and well...

Three of a kind. (This is an old pic - I have to get these and take proper scans one day.)

Poker-hands-three-of-a-kind.jpg

There are those that have a far greater collection that I do. Hopefully this will get some of them to show some stuff off. Without these, I would probably list my X-Men 1, ST110 or some GA stuff.

5B2F27BC-F727-47B0-9269-8D0DFE748DFC-12585-000008B3325DFC41.jpg

Anyone else just slightly depressed when seeing some of these gems?

No it should motivate you to get them by taking the necessary measures in achieving your goals to get them.

The Cap 3 has always been on my list,but never seem to grab a copy.The Speed is just an awesome cover so the value lies in the eyes of the collector.Not just the dollar value we pay for the book. :acclaim:

Didn't know if I was going to play or not but then someone started bringing out a few things and well...

Three of a kind. (This is an old pic - I have to get these and take proper scans one day.)

Poker-hands-three-of-a-kind.jpg

There are those that have a far greater collection that I do. Hopefully this will get some of them to show some stuff off. Without these, I would probably list my X-Men 1, ST110 or some GA stuff.

5B2F27BC-F727-47B0-9269-8D0DFE748DFC-12585-000008B3325DFC41.jpg

TRIFECTA!! :headbang:

I seem to have a deficiency in posting pictures. Guess it's the perpetual curse of the new guy. Anyway, until I figure it out I'm stuck using old fashioned text....

1) Amazing Fantasy 15, CGC 2.5. Equally the most valuable and cost me the most money as I purchased it just a few months ago (ouch!). Been watching it at auction and sensed that it was nearing a level where I had to pull the trigger, or forever hold my pieces of gold in my wallet. Always wanted a copy. It totally fulfills a boyhood dream ("I'll never afford to own a copy!, etc"). I'll never sell it.

2) Showcase 22, CGC 3.0. Love me some space opera!

3) Iron Man #55, raw but likely 8.0ish. Sort of a drop off from the first two, but I love me some Thanos (more space opera!).

Cheers everyone. Look forward to sharing and learning from you all.

Welcome aboard! You will learn a TON!

I'll contribute to that. There's a sticky thread for new members. Go in there and it explains how to upload photos/scans and pretty much how to do everything you need to do.

Thank you for the tip. Being a member on other forums (eg, Jaguar Forums), I certainly checked out the FAQs before diving in. How do most folks turn their images into URLs? I tried moving images of my books to Snapfish and to Google Drive, then copying and pasting the URL into my replies. No dice. Wasted about half an hour at work. Do most people actually have websites they pull from? Sorry to be the annoying new guy. I swear I'm highly intelligent and successful, just suffer from a tragic achilles tendon when it comes to IT.

Yeah, most people DL their own pics and host them at a site like Photobucket, or imgur.

Of course, you can take advantage of the board's "attachment" function and let CGC host them for you! To do that, you have to use the "full reply screen" and then follow the links for using attachments. Some people do that "in-line" right with the post hey are going to submit, others use the test threads to do the attachment and then use the URL given there to post pics normally here, using the img tags.

:)

-slym

Yeah, most people DL their own pics and host them at a site like Photobucket, or imgur.

Of course, you can take advantage of the board's "attachment" function and let CGC host them for you! To do that, you have to use the "full reply screen" and then follow the links for using attachments. Some people do that "in-line" right with the post hey are going to submit, others use the test threads to do the attachment and then use the URL given there to post pics normally here, using the img tags.

:)

-slym

Thanks for your kindness, appreciate it. I'll mess around some more, but will let folks get back to showing off all the great books. Keep them coming! It's like fricking Candyland in here.