• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Action Figure Cover Thread!

2,130 posts in this topic

57_2.jpg

How come this was never discussed here?

This is a Mattel Masters of the Universe #1 variant which was only available if you purchased a subscription for the 12 issues of this series. One just closed on eBay for $36+ which I thought was a bargain given the scarcity of it

Marvel will not let anyone do an action figure store/con variant as they want full control of the Marvel action figure market.

Slave Leia will never happen, sadly. Marvel has been approached about it and have hemmed and hawed about it as they do not want to portray Leia in a "sexual" tone.

They've done it before!

That's not the current Marvel / Disney.

Marvel won't even release the reprinted stories from Miracleman without being bagged so "kids don't accidentally pick them up."

that was for sure a different time. BUT I could see that being a limited one or something. Maybe just a con or something. LIke boba. I don't think many kids accidentally shelled out $40-$80 for that one.

Yes, you're onto something with a con variant. I have no clue what permission is needed to do something like what Christopher did with the Boba. I would have thought if Marvel had any say they would have wanted to release that one.

The Captain Marvel Action Figure Variant is sold out at midtowncomics.com

That one was very hard to obtain per my LCS. He said he wasn't even close to being able to order it.

The Captain Marvel Action Figure Variant is sold out at midtowncomics.com

That one was very hard to obtain per my LCS. He said he wasn't even close to being able to order it.

I was lucky to nab the last one at one of my LCSs, at cover price too. Very lucky...

This one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CAPTAIN-MARVEL-AND-CAROL-CORPS-1-ACTION-FIGURE-VARIANT-SWA-NEAR-MINT-MARVEL-/161731200714?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item25a7ee46ca

Yes. I've been listing to this and thinking hm

These are NOT rare.

I agree. My LCS had 3 or 4, and he didn't order a bunch of anything, so they must not be too tough

to qualify for.

Maybe Marvel threw him a bone for doing a great job on the variants, When I requested to do a store Action figure cover I was denied because Marvel wanted to release them.

Marvel will not let anyone do an action figure store/con variant as they want full control of the Marvel action figure market.

So how was JTC able to sell one exclusive to his store?

Yes. I've been listing to this and thinking hm

These are NOT rare.

I agree. My LCS had 3 or 4, and he didn't order a bunch of anything, so they must not be too tough

to qualify for.

125% of Thors #1 for Secret Wars #6 is what I was told.

Lando cover comes out July 8th

18577171818_c045d5ebe9_z.jpg

To me, Lando's head looks a little bit oversized compared to his body in the AF. (shrug)

Still, cool cover and will look great as part of my full SW AF sets. :cool: