• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Action Figure Cover Thread!

2,130 posts in this topic

So what's next to come out? Lando and...? Who's the next "Regular" SW cover and next Secret Wars cover? I think I'm caught up.

Are they doing a Lando AF variant for the regular series? Marvel has a Lando mini coming. I figured (no pun intended) that they would save the variant for the mini. I guess they'll have to go with Lobot.

I think Lando 1 and 2 both have an AF cover and ship in the same month.

Lando #1 has an AF variant of Lando. I have not heard of Lando #2 coming with an AF variant but it would probably be Lobot or Nein Numb if I was guessing.

Star Wars #7 and #8 are confirmed to have AF variants but it has not been released who they are. Again…if I was guessing, I'd say Yoda and a Stormtrooper…I feel we might be soon coming to the end of the main characters.

Ones left (my opinion):

Yoda

Stormtrooper

Grand Moff Tarkin

Emperor Palpatine

Wicket

Slave Leia

Lando #1 has an AF variant of Lando. I have not heard of Lando #2 coming with an AF variant but it would probably be Lobot or Nein Numb if I was guessing.

Star Wars #7 and #8 are confirmed to have AF variants but it has not been released who they are. Again…if I was guessing, I'd say Yoda and a Stormtrooper…I feel we might be soon coming to the end of the main characters.

Ones left (my opinion):

Yoda

Stormtrooper

Grand Moff Tarkin

Emperor Palpatine

Wicket

Slave Leia

We need:

JAWA

Tuskin Raider

Death Squad Commander

Also..

Greedo

Walrus Man

Hammerhead

SnaggleTooth ( with red variant )

R5-d4

Death Star Droid

Power Droid

Luke ( xwing pilot )

Ones left (my opinion):

Yoda

Stormtrooper

Grand Moff Tarkin

Emperor Palpatine

Wicket

Slave Leia

We need:

JAWA

Tuskin Raider

Death Squad Commander

Also..

Greedo

Walrus Man

Hammerhead

R5-d4

Death Star Droid

Power Droid

Luke ( xwing pilot )

I agree with all these figures. I am hoping that SW #7 has either a Jawa or Tuskin Raider since the Obi Wan flashback story might take place on Tatooine.

If we have an Emperor cover - I also hope we get an Emperor's Royal Guard cover too.

Ones left (my opinion):

Yoda

Stormtrooper

Grand Moff Tarkin

Emperor Palpatine

Wicket

Slave Leia

We need:

JAWA

Tuskin Raider

Death Squad Commander

Also..

Greedo

Walrus Man

Hammerhead

R5-d4

Death Star Droid

Power Droid

Luke ( xwing pilot )

Yes to all of these & I'd also love to see IG-88 and Medical Droid

Star Wars #7 and #8 are confirmed to have AF variants but it has not been released who they are. Againif I was guessing, I'd say Yoda and a StormtrooperI feel we might be soon coming to the end of the main characters.

Ones left (my opinion):

Yoda

Stormtrooper

Grand Moff Tarkin

Emperor Palpatine

Wicket

Slave Leia

We need:

JAWA

Tuskin Raider

Death Squad Commander

Also..

Greedo

Walrus Man

Hammerhead

R5-d4

Death Star Droid

Power Droid

Luke ( xwing pilot )

Yes to all of these & I'd also love to see IG-88 and Medical Droid

Jabba? The design would have to be somewhat different, but pretty cool anyways.

Snow-Storm Trooper

Dark Jedi Guard (don't know what they're called. Emperor's body guards)

Tie Fighter Pilot

Admiral Ackbar

Slave Leia will never happen, sadly. Marvel has been approached about it and have hemmed and hawed about it as they do not want to portray Leia in a "sexual" tone.

They've done it before!

68a8059f-492c-47f4-b194-c2fe15e491e4.jpg

Slave Leia will never happen, sadly. Marvel has been approached about it and have hemmed and hawed about it as they do not want to portray Leia in a "sexual" tone.

They've done it before!

That's not the current Marvel / Disney.

Marvel won't even release the reprinted stories from Miracleman without being bagged so "kids don't accidentally pick them up."

They've done it before!

Marvel won't even release the reprinted stories from Miracleman without being bagged so "kids don't accidentally pick them up."

that was for sure a different time. BUT I could see that being a limited one or something. Maybe just a con or something. LIke boba. I don't think many kids accidentally shelled out $40-$80 for that one.

But it's okay to do that with almost all their other female characters. :eyeroll:

Maybe they don't want kids associating her with the Leia they are going to see in the new movie. 1983 Leia...hot! 2015 Leia..... :sick:

They've done it before!

68a8059f-492c-47f4-b194-c2fe15e491e4.jpg

Marvel didn't make that toy. And Hasbro will continue to put out Slave Leia's for the toy shelves. Not sure what this has to do with Marvel though. (shrug)

Edited by rjrjr

The Captain Marvel Action Figure Variant is sold out at midtowncomics.com

That one was very hard to obtain per my LCS. He said he wasn't even close to being able to order it.

The Captain Marvel Action Figure Variant is sold out at midtowncomics.com

That one was very hard to obtain per my LCS. He said he wasn't even close to being able to order it.

I was lucky to nab the last one at one of my LCSs, at cover price too. Very lucky...

They've done it before!

that was for sure a different time. BUT I could see that being a limited one or something. Maybe just a con or something. LIke boba. I don't think many kids accidentally shelled out $40-$80 for that one.

Yes, you're onto something with a con variant. I have no clue what permission is needed to do something like what Christopher did with the Boba. I would have thought if Marvel had any say they would have wanted to release that one.

Yes, you're onto something with a con variant. I have no clue what permission is needed to do something like what Christopher did with the Boba. I would have thought if Marvel had any say they would have wanted to release that one.

I'm sure Marvel will do so when it comes to the ESB and ROTJ logo variants.

DSC08926.jpg

star_wars_051.jpg