• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ultimate Fallout 4

575 posts in this topic

I can understand the need to diversify we have needed it for many years.

This just seems way over the top.

+1

And it would be one thing if any of them were actually "new" and/or "different" characters.

These just seem like superfluous minority knock-offs of the "real" characters.

-J.

I agree, to a certain extent.

I wish we could get some original, new characters once in a while. It seems all of the "popular" ones are of the knock-off type.

Who was the last original character to stick?

90's X-men? Gambit, DP, Cable, Bishop, etc.?

Deadpool (thumbs u

You mean Deathstroke? ;)

+1

And it would be one thing if any of them were actually "new" and/or "different" characters.

-J.

I wish we could get some original, new characters once in a while. It seems all of the "popular" ones are of the knock-off type.

Deadpool Marvels Deathstroke (thumbs u

+1

-J.

Deadpool (thumbs u

You mean Deathstroke? ;)

Hadnt refreshed the page and saw this after I posted.

Ha

I think any original ideas creators have get taken to Image, etc.

Why give Marvel or DC rights to a character you have created?

My thoughts on it.

100% This.

A work for hire, or contract artist or writer isn't going to create something for Disney or Warner Brothers unless they are directed to.

Hence the need to diversify already existing superheroes. Those superheroes are already successful concepts. There's only so many super strong, flying or animal themed superheroes that readers will accept these days. Deadpool and Harley are recent exceptions because they have unique personality hooks, but the majority of new characters are usually met with a general 'meh' from readers.

Forgetmenot was pretty popular. There was a while there where you couldn't buy a Marvel comic without his face on it. I forgot what happened to him?

As far as selling this book right now, I have tried 3 times over now on ebay for between $15-25 w/ free priority shipping, 10 day BIN with no luck. I am putting this one, and the others I have, back in the vaults for now.

Edited by gradejunky

I think any original ideas creators have get taken to Image, etc.

Why give Marvel or DC rights to a character you have created?

My thoughts on it.

100% This.

A work for hire, or contract artist or writer isn't going to create something for Disney or Warner Brothers unless they are directed to.

Hence the need to diversify already existing superheroes. Those superheroes are already successful concepts. There's only so many super strong, flying or animal themed superheroes that readers will accept these days. Deadpool and Harley are recent exceptions because they have unique personality hooks, but the majority of new characters are usually met with a general 'meh' from readers.

yes and no

I made the point earlier that spider gwen would have been great if she was released on, say, archie (even though not creator controlled, but just for this example sake lets assume she wouldve been), so say archie came with a female crime fighting vigilante whos a rocker by day and targeted at a younger female demographic, written/drawn by Latour & Robbi.. It is my belief that this would still take off.

But it wouldnt be as popular as Spider-Gwen.. For obvious reasons.

Now.

The doors that just opened up to the creative team behind Spider gwen are waaaaaay bigger than if they wouldve done it with someone smaller. Again. Because of the properties owned by marvel.

The same is with any popular character. Deadpool, Harley, etc etc

Sometimes when a creative force is behind a popular book/character that works to their benefit because of the other opportunities that will arise from that book's popularity..

Alan Moore doesnt own watchmen but that book catapulted him to another level. Same with Miller/Dark Knight..

DC and marvel brought these creators talent to light in a way that no other comic publication could. And it was because of their copy written IP that it was possible.

As far as selling this book right now, I have tried 3 times over now on ebay for between $15-25 w/ free priority shipping, 10 day BIN with no luck. I am putting this one, and the others I have, back in the vaults for now.

You missed the money train for UF4 by a few weeks to a month because moderns are a fickle market. But you may cash in when it circles back around again

You missed the money train for UF4 by a few weeks to a month because moderns are a fickle market. But you may cash in when it circles back around again

Unbag. Press. Submit. lol

9.8 is still a 100-150 book

Last 7 sales in 9.8. Still seems like a good book return on slabbed hg copies.

$335

$200

$165

$150

$115

$120

$148

$335

$200

$165

$150

$115

$120

$148

That is all attributed to that false rumour of Miles being "the next Spider-Man" in the MCU.

Once that was debunked the book reverted back to its prior form.

Icing the book until at least secret wars comes out may not be a bad play.

-J.

$335

$200

$165

$150

$115

$120

$148

That is all attributed to that false rumour of Miles being "the next Spider-Man" in the MCU.

Once that was debunked the book reverted back to its prior form.

Icing the book until at least secret wars comes out may not be a bad play.

-J.

This is from 2 days ago.. The Morales rumor train has been long gone since before that sale was had

My point is this was always a 150.00 book in 9.8... Wayyyy before the false rumor.

The rumor just made people aware of this book is what really happened here.

I think it's safe to say that this will now always be a key book.

Not an EOSV#2, but still a key nonetheless

Marvel finally has it's perfect cocktail of diverse Avengers.

I had to google some of their backgrounds to see what you meant.

So Cap is black, Spidey is half black/Hispanic, Nova is half Hispanic, Ms Marvel is Middle Eastern, Thor is a white woman, Vision is an artificial life form, and Iron Man is unknown.

Living in New York this is more like what I see day to day, just a mix of everybody. I think the day will come that we look back at all white teams and cringe at the lack of diversity.

This. ^^

Edited by whetteon

My point is this was always a 150.00 book in 9.8... Wayyyy before the false rumor.

Always? Since 2011 there were 6 sales at or above 150.00

Always? Since 2011 there were 6 sales at or above 150.00

Thats what i meant