• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ultimate Fallout 4

575 posts in this topic

One went for $650 on ComicLink.

Interesting. Some people here were so pessimistic about this book, and Miles, in February. That's why you don't listen to the forums, buy what you like.

I certainly wasn't pessimistic about Miles in February. I was rationale. Many people were off their rocker stating he was going to be the next big screen version of Spider-man.

I just got this one in the other day from CGC (Thank you THB!). I'm not so sure I could part with it. It's definitely a tough 9.8 to pull and I love the cover. It may be getting a bit more attention due to the "Easter ages" stemming from the Daredevil show that elude to a possible Miles Spidey on the show. Or that's what I took from the write ups I've seen.

Are the rumors about Miles on Netflix's Daredevil because Foggy mentioned meeting someone named 'Morales'? That is all I could find online after a quick search.

Yes something along those lines in addition to a possible pic of Miles as Spidey or something in a newspaper clipping on a wall in the show. I didn't put much into it as a reality, just something I came across. I'd say unlikely but who knows.

I like Miles, also a thank you to Aweandorder who pointed out a few UF4's that were $6 on the bay. I picked them up and subbed one and got a 9.8! Yay Awe!

Yes something along those lines in addition to a possible pic of Miles as Spidey or something in a newspaper clipping on a wall in the show. I didn't put much into it as a reality, just something I came across. I'd say unlikely but who knows.

I like Miles, also a thank you to Aweandorder who pointed out a few UF4's that were $6 on the bay. I picked them up and subbed one and got a 9.8! Yay Awe!

:o

(worship)

Glad I could help (thumbs u

Went online and found the pic of that - man, people are eagle eyed. I never would have noticed that I don't think.

You and me both. Sometimes I wonder if studios have some people on staff to "leak" these supposed Easter eggs just to judge if hype builds around them before taking action in that direction. No clue how anyone watching that without freezing the show frame by frame would see that picture.

You and me both. Sometimes I wonder if studios have some people on staff to "leak" these supposed Easter eggs just to judge if hype builds around them before taking action in that direction. No clue how anyone watching that without freezing the show frame by frame would see that picture.

I don't think so. There are definitely fans out there who are obsessive enough to pause and scan for easter eggs.

I actually noticed an article on Ben's wall about the Hulk in that same episode the Morales name toss and Ultimate Spidey pic are in. I'm sure you could find more as well.

Interesting. Some people here were so pessimistic about this book, and Miles, in February. That's why you don't listen to the forums, buy what you like.

I certainly wasn't pessimistic about Miles in February. I was rationale. Many people were off their rocker stating he was going to be the next big screen version of Spider-man.

Regardless of the movie speculation, people (not you specifically) were just dismissing this book in general, despite the fact Miles has a growing fan base and Marvel has intent to use this character well into the near future. I think they were mostly Peter Parker nut huggers though and didnt like the attention Miles was getting.

Edited by Couchy81

Regardless of the movie speculation, people (not you specifically) were just dismissing this book in general, despite the fact Miles has a growing fan base and Marvel has intent to use this character well into the near future. I think they were mostly Peter Parker nut huggers though and didnt like the attention Miles was getting.

....or they were simply turned off by the blatant attempts at pimping and pumping of a dollar bin book with obviously fake movie hype. And it worked to a large degree. Even though this character cannot sustain a solo title, there are some (dealers, mostly) who believe (or at least proclaim, over and over) that he is more popular and relevant than he actually is. I'm not saying there is not potential there. But Miles Morales' reach has already far exceeded his grasp. Plus, the vast, vast majority of people actually want to see Spider-Man in a Spider-Man movie. (thumbs u

-J.

....or they were simply turned off by the blatant attempts at pimping and pumping of a dollar bin book with obviously fake movie hype. And it worked to a large degree. Even though this character cannot sustain a solo title, there are some (dealers, mostly) who believe (or at least proclaim, over and over) that he is more popular and relevant than he actually is. I'm not saying there is not potential there. But Miles Morales' reach has already far exceeded his grasp. Plus, the vast, vast majority of people actually want to see Spider-Man in a Spider-Man movie. (thumbs u

-J.

There was definitely pimping and pumping but that goes on with any book,any character based on any movie rumour.

The rumour in this case turned out to be false, but that was months ago and look at the strong sales for this book and the variant in the past two weeks alone. The store I got my multiple copies from for $6 each back in January has a regular copy on their wall at $30 as of April. It wasn't up there in February or March. That's not because he has a movie coming out, it's because it's his first appearance and he's in demand, therefore a popular character. The movie hype is long gone but the sales remain consistent.

The movie hype definitely played its role as it often does. Yet it is a key book if you like Miles or not and a rather tough one to track down raw as a 9.8 candidate. It is fairly uncommon to see a majority of a single book graded that is a modern to be under a 9.8, especially a Marvel book. I know the beloved ASM 678 Mary Jane has a very low census as well and would guess is also quite low on 9.8's. That book fetches big bucks and isn't a key outside of a small amount printed. Granted, if some classify that as a key. Im not hyping since I only have one and don't plan on selling, just conversing.

UF 4 Variant

71 on the census

24 in 9.8 (19 universal and 5 SS)

47 under 9.8

-J.

There was definitely pimping and pumping but that goes on with any book,any character based on any movie rumour.

The rumour in this case turned out to be false, but that was months ago and look at the strong sales for this book and the variant in the past two weeks alone. The store I got my multiple copies from for $6 each back in January has a regular copy on their wall at $30 as of April. It wasn't up there in February or March. That's not because he has a movie coming out, it's because it's his first appearance and he's in demand, therefore a popular character. The movie hype is long gone but the sales remain consistent.

I like Miles, but I think the prices you see right now are still because of that one rumor about Miles being the next big screen Spider-man. I guess it could be because that news spiked interest in the character, which caused people to start reading and enjoying his books... but I don't think that is honestly it or we'd see other indicators.

Also, many people bought up many copies of his books,and they will be loathe to let them go at a loss.

The movie hype definitely played its role as it often does. Yet it is a key book if you like Miles or not and a rather tough one to track down raw as a 9.8 candidate. It is fairly uncommon to see a majority of a single book graded that is a modern to be under a 9.8, especially a Marvel book. I know the beloved ASM 678 Mary Jane has a very low census as well and would guess is also quite low on 9.8's. That book fetches big bucks and isn't a key outside of a small amount printed. Granted, if some classify that as a key. Im not hyping since I only have one and don't plan on selling, just conversing.

UF 4 Variant

71 on the census

24 in 9.8 (19 universal and 5 SS)

47 under 9.8

I am sending off 16 copies of that variant tomorrow! We'll see if I can bump those numbers up. :wishluck: