• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Thread "Legends of Tomorrow" TV Show
1 1

704 posts in this topic

Jonah Hex has been cast.

Johnathon Schaech Cast as Jonah Hex in DC's Legends of Tomorrow

Star-Crossed and Quantico actor Johnathon Schaech has signed on to play Jonah Hex in DC's Legends fo Tomorrow, ComicBook.com has learned.

The CW's take on Hex is described as "A true legend of the Old West, a morally ambiguous gunslinger with a penchant for danger. Surprisingly, he knows a thing or two about time travel and the future, but is at home in the Wild West. He’s been battling outlaws and gangs for awhile now, and advises the team to be extra careful when they arrive in the small town of Salvation."

"Ever since we decided that Legends would involve time travel, we were eager to do a story set in the Old West," said executive producer Marc Guggenheim when Hex was announced. "But if you’re going to do a story set in the DC Universe version of the Old West, you simply MUST include Jonah Hex in it. We’re thrilled about bringing another well known, beloved DC character to television."

SLNdJBC.png

Reviews are coming in from early previews of at least the pilot.

"For the most part, it’s all played as big, fun and slightly goofy, albeit with the dark streak that the world’s blighted future hangs in the balance. What “Legends of Tomorrow” hasn’t mastered, at least as it races to establish its premise in the two previewed hours, is the elusive and vital chemistry among these characters that’s necessary to transform an ungainly assemblage of costumed heroes into more than just a group that randomly kicks as much butt as the budget allows."

"DC's legends of Tomorrow isn't exactly flawless right out of the gate, but there's more than enough in this first episode to hook fans of The Flash and Arrow, or just anyone who craves a good Doctor Who/superhero mash-up. "

"The production values are alternately spectacular and chintzy, the tone is wildly eclectic, the time-travel logic is whatever. Will every episode be about repairing the timeline due to a mission mistake, or blowing a clear shot at Savage? I hope not. Still, the charming cast and some poignant, surprising turns hooked me. If it can learn how to play well with all its toys, Legends of Tomorrow might pass the test of time."

"Unfortunately, the show’s immortal villain, Vandal Savage (Casper Crump), isn’t as big or as bold as he should be. Both Arrow and The Flash have recently introduced great foils for their heroes in Zoom and Damien Darhk (Neal McDonough), but Vandal Savage — aside from his immortality — doesn’t seem to inspire much fear or, frankly, much interest. We’re told, many times, of the bad things he can do, but we don’t see it. With a more dynamic villain (or with an expansion of Vandal’s abilities and malice), Legends could really accelerate into a truly great show."

"There are many opportunities there but, at least from what I’ve seen, it’s wasted with a visit to the way overused 1970s and too much time giving everyone screen time. While Prison Break alum Miller and Alias vet Garber (who played his Dr. Martin Stein character on Flash) are solid foundations for the show, it’s hard to get a handle on the other Legends between the seemingly endless set-up, battle scenes and one hell of a bar brawl. There’s Arrow’s White Canary, played by Caity Lotz; former Superman Brandon Routh as The Atom; Dominic Purcell as Heat Wave; Ciara Renée, who also appeared on several episodes of The Flash, as Hawkgirl; Falk Hentschel as Hawkman; and Franz Drameh as the other half of Firestorm. When CW boss Mark Pedowitz called Legends a mash-up of Marvel’s Guardians Of The Galaxy and Doctor Who at TCA, he wasn’t kidding – though it would do the WBTV-produced series a favor not to make its influences so obvious."

:eek:

Same here!

With this many characters, it may take a few episodes for everyone to find their groove. So not surprised the pilot is catching a little heat from reviewers.

Absolutely. It took Arrow a while to get into it's groove. In fact a season I believe. hm

Same here!

With this many characters, it may take a few episodes for everyone to find their groove. So not surprised the pilot is catching a little heat from reviewers.

It's no so much heat as it is whining. Can't please everyone 100% of the time....plus folks are a bit spoiled with their daily diet of Arrow, Flash, Supergirl and the like.

Absolutely. It took Arrow a while to get into it's groove. In fact a season I believe. hm

That is good to know, as I didn't see the first season of Arrow until afterwards.

It's no so much heat as it is whining. Can't please everyone 100% of the time....plus folks are a bit spoiled with their daily diet of Arrow, Flash, Supergirl and the like.

Another good point. With these reviewers now having seasoned shows to compare against, they may expect a hit right out of the gate.

We'll find out Thursday what everyone thinks for themselves.

White Nights Synopsis Reveals Trip to the Soviet Union, Valentina Vostok

The Doom Patrol's Valentina Vostok will appear in the fourth epsode of DC's Legends of Tomorrow, played by Mr. Robot actress Stephanie Carneliussen, according to the synopsis released today by The CW.

Titled “White Knights,” the episode will air on February 11. Antonio Negret directed the episode written by Sarah Nicole Jones and Phil Klemmer.

:whee:

Well, there goes the credibility of all those other 'professional' critics.

lol

Legends of Tomorrow Advance Review: The Best DC Pilot Yet

In a year where I found the most enjoyable "comic book movie" to be the two-night, two-part crossover event between The Flash and Arrow, it's probably no surprise that closing out 2015 with a sneak preview of DC's Legends of Tomorrow was a treat.

The story itself is pretty straightforward, although the nuances of time travel -- including what can and can't be changed, how and by whom -- can sometimes leave you scratching your head. By the end of the story, though, I think audiences will have a pretty good grasp of the operating rules of time travel, the stakes of this particular mission and the motivations for each of the many characters involved.

While I'm a huge fan of The Flash, I've often struggled with how gleefully over-the-top Captain Cold and Heat Wave are. Here, they seem to fit in better; there's more going on, it's a bigger canvas, and their larger-than-life antics and performances fit the series well. Routh, Victor Garber and Arthur Darvill are also standouts.

2016 is the year of the comic book on TV and film. With so many movies and shows on the air, it would be easy for it all to become a kind of white noise...but DC's Legends of Tomorrow promises to give the year a suitably impressive kickoff, and fulfills the promise of being the most ambitious DC adaptation yet.

USA TODAY Review: 'Legends of Tomorrow' shows promise

So this could be fun.

As much fun for older adults as for younger ones? Possibly not. But for anyone who is willing to keep an open mind about DC Comics and their TV spinoffs; or for anyone, young or old, who is fond of young adult literature of the Rick Riordan variety; DC's Legends of Tomorrow (CW, Thursday, 8 p.m. ET/PT; *** out of four) could prove to be a welcome addition to CW's growing superhero crowd.

If bringing them together proves to be a good idea, the reason for bringing them together is an even better idea, one that lends the show an emotional depth it might not otherwise possess. The producers, however, think it would be best if you discovered that reason for yourself — and in this case, they’re probably right.

Legends does suffer from a bit of overload: There’s so much going on in the big fight scenes that it’s hard to keep track of our heroes, and harder still to figure out why their super-powers seem to have so little effect on the regular mortals around them. But that kind of over-size-itis is not uncommon in opening episodes.

With luck, the show will settle into a more sustainable norm.

If it wants to keep having fun, it had better.

Well, there goes the credibility of all those other 'professional' critics.

lol

Legends of Tomorrow Advance Review: The Best DC Pilot Yet

In a year where I found the most enjoyable "comic book movie" to be the two-night, two-part crossover event between The Flash and Arrow, it's probably no surprise that closing out 2015 with a sneak preview of DC's Legends of Tomorrow was a treat.

The story itself is pretty straightforward, although the nuances of time travel -- including what can and can't be changed, how and by whom -- can sometimes leave you scratching your head. By the end of the story, though, I think audiences will have a pretty good grasp of the operating rules of time travel, the stakes of this particular mission and the motivations for each of the many characters involved.

While I'm a huge fan of The Flash, I've often struggled with how gleefully over-the-top Captain Cold and Heat Wave are. Here, they seem to fit in better; there's more going on, it's a bigger canvas, and their larger-than-life antics and performances fit the series well. Routh, Victor Garber and Arthur Darvill are also standouts.

2016 is the year of the comic book on TV and film. With so many movies and shows on the air, it would be easy for it all to become a kind of white noise...but DC's Legends of Tomorrow promises to give the year a suitably impressive kickoff, and fulfills the promise of being the most ambitious DC adaptation yet.

So far, it's coming out of the gate pretty strong here on the East Coast :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u