• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Thread "Legends of Tomorrow" TV Show
1 1

704 posts in this topic

Stephen Amell Confirms One-Armed Green Arrow With Goatee For Legends Of Tomorrow

Stephen Amell announcing the news that he will be appearing on episode six of DC's Legends Of Tomorrow as the future Green Arrow.

"I am going to be appearing on episode 106 of 'Legends' with the goatee, one arm, and we are going to meet Connor Hawke. The lesson as always -- never say never," Amell stated in the following video on Facebook.

The one arm version of Green Arrow is from Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns graphic novel. Connor Hawke is the son of Oliver Queen in the comics.

:o

I am struggling to get through the first 2 episodes. I want to love it, but ....

I watched the first half of the first episode and liked it, pretty well, except for the Hawkman/Hawkgirl relationship thing, which I thought was stupid.

I am recording the series, so I am going to go back and watch it in a group.

I am struggling to get through the first 2 episodes. I want to love it, but ....

I watched the first half of the first episode and liked it, pretty well, except for the Hawkman/Hawkgirl relationship thing, which I thought was stupid.

I am recording the series, so I am going to go back and watch it in a group.

I agree, but now that's not an issue

as they 86'd him

I still don't get why they included 2 criminals to be honest. There's so many other superheroes they had to choose from why use them?

:hi:

+1. I don't like Hawkman and Hawkgirl at all. I hate to say it, but I find myself wondering why she didn't get her teeth fixed instead of being impressed by her flying.

The other part that bothers me is the Atom. For someone who is supposed to be a genius, he comes off as being too doofy.

So far Captain Cold is my favorite and he looks dumb in that snorkel coat with the big gun. He's not a superhero, he just has a big gun.

There are just too many characters at once and no one is wonderful.They need a charismatic person and they don't have one. Captain Cold is as close as they get. The White Canary is a decent actress, but they don't use her well. Professor Stein had more Charisma in the Flash. He's no Dr Wells here, and Rip Hunter has a cool accent, but you really know nothing about him except he has a cute toy assistant.

I usually love all these shows, but I think I'm going to try one more of these and quit.

Yeah I agree with what you're saying but the ratings seem to be good so far.

Maybe they'll pick up a new member along the way that can anchor the team.

Right now it seems a little rudderless, but maybe it'll improve. I hope so anyway.

Right now it seems a little rudderless, but maybe it'll improve. I hope so anyway.

I wonder if that is being done purposely, where you have a number of big personalities wanting to take charge and be leader. But then one of them needs to step up and take charge, as having so many differing opinions on how to succeed leads to nobody achieving their goals.

I hope there is some plan like that versus loading the screen with characters haphazard. Since it is the same show producers as the other successful shows, I am assuming there is a plan behind the scenes.

:hi:

+1. I don't like Hawkman and Hawkgirl at all. I hate to say it, but I find myself wondering why she didn't get her teeth fixed instead of being impressed by her flying.

The other part that bothers me is the Atom. For someone who is supposed to be a genius, he comes off as being too doofy.

So far Captain Cold is my favorite and he looks dumb in that snorkel coat with the big gun. He's not a superhero, he just has a big gun.

There are just too many characters at once and no one is wonderful.They need a charismatic person and they don't have one. Captain Cold is as close as they get. The White Canary is a decent actress, but they don't use her well. Professor Stein had more Charisma in the Flash. He's no Dr Wells here, and Rip Hunter has a cool accent, but you really know nothing about him except he has a cute toy assistant.

I usually love all these shows, but I think I'm going to try one more of these and quit.

I may have to agree on many points of yours. I find myself not warming up as I was watching the second episode last night. I had wondered since from the Atom's debut, why the suit on him? And then there is his acting ... he's not doing quite good what I see.

Hawkman and Hawkgirl ... Still not buying how they look but this is TV we are taking of. But their flying acts are not that bad. Heh, her teeth? I had the same thought but was thinking the director must had picked her for some reason? Oh well...

I had put this series on record so I can watch some more later and can stop anytime if I don't like.

I think things will pick up when they aren't just going after Vandal. Rip hinted that they'd face off with more folks than Savage......and 'even time itself'.

I didn't dig HG's look since her first looks on Flash. She does have some rather prominent choppers. Hawkman pretty much comes as a pair with her however, and neither are really on point for me. I especially didn't appreciate that they altered Savage's origin, because he's a much more onerous and evil dude when you take into consideration he's alot older than 4000 years.

The rest isn't so bad for me: Routh's Atom never was a great Atom even on Arrow. He was "doofy" then because he's the penultimate "goody two shoes" as evidenced by his constant harassment of Cpt. Cold and Heatwave. Those two guys are pretty much the same on Flash....so I'm content with them.

Stein is stein.....and I guess Jax is the same for that matter....nobody knows too much about him since he was created for television.

Overall I'd give the show a B- right now with the potential for a B+ or A if they hit the right notes.

It definitely doesn't suck like Gotham.

LEGENDS OF TOMORROW Ratings Down Slightly

Legends of Tomorrow aired the second half of its two-hour pilot episode last night, doing solid ratings for The CW, though a little less than part one last week. Dropping one tenth in demographic ratings, the show, the third DC Comics-based series on The CW, came in at 1.1 in the category, with 2.84 million total viewers.

Legends of Tomorrow's week two ratings saw it tie with Arrow in demographic for the week, though it kept a couple hundred thousand more total viewers than it's eldest sibling. The Flash remains on top of The CW's ratings, with Legends and Arrow at 2 and 3 on the year.

But the article noted viewership for the week was down. So it may not be people giving up so rapidly after Part 1 of the pilot.

I just finished the complete Pilot Second Episode. Here is what I got out of it.

- They just suffered a huge team loss due to their constantly acting as individuals versus a team.

- Since Vandal Savage just made all of them fight it out with his henchmen while he killed Hawkman, they have a common enemy that all can agree on.

- Operating as a cohesive team is now the operating norm if they are ever going to take out Vandal Savage.

So to me, the story was purposely making them do what each character did leading to the bad results. Now, going forward, you will see a different Legends team.

:wishluck:

I loved it..... but I'm still open minded and don't expect complete synchronicity with my pre-conceived notions. It also takes a minute for something with that many moving parts to get on line. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I was totally unaware until it was on my Hulu screen which rotates through several new or interesting additions to Hulu. So I watched both eps. Liked it pretty well. Am kind of excited because I am much less conversant in DC so I get to be exposed to new, to me, characters.

Oh - as far as Ciara Renée's teeth, she can bite me anytime! And making a pretty much perfect set of teeth like hers smaller is a much more difficult procedure than making teeth larger and, since they have to actually grind off enamel, carries definite risks. And for what? To be seen as more "attractive" by a social standard created by photoshopping celebrities. :(

hang in there...future/classic Arrow should show up soon....that should be fun. I like the show so far...only 2 episodes so give it time.

True! And that reminds us that there will probably be plenty of surprise appearances since the time travel aspect gives the scriptwriters the ability to bring guest characters in from any period. I hope they leverage all the possible avenues including crossover episodes with Flash and Arrow.