• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do WTB ad's work?
2 2

105 posts in this topic

None of mine have ever worked. They've all been for fairly tough books that are somewhat low dollar value: Submariner 29, 7.0/OW—W or better; Phantom Stranger 5, 7.0/OW—W or better; Muggsy Mouse 1, 9.0/OW—W or better; Starstream 1—4, 9.8/W.

You are unlikely to ever get a PS 5 in that grade range...I've been looking for years.

Yes, they do work. You just have to be persistent and patient.

I've posted WTB's many times for a Cherry Mini, any condition.

Nothing.

That's a particularly rare comic though. May have to wait a while. I guarantee these boards are the place to find one though.

There is a board member that has 3 of them. I have offered him just north of a billion dollars, no luck. :mad:

I've been altered by boardies

:o

I didn't know they did that to people!

Some can bring out hate one never knew existed in their hearts.

:(

-slym

I love the hate that exists in my heart. :luhv:

I've helped out many boardies by selling copies out of my personal collection.

I have had a little bit of luck using it for my personal buying too but only on the more common books.

Never had someone offer me a GA book I was looking for yet.

I have had great success with a WTB thread crossing off some books in my ASM run. Its been fun and I would much rather pick up issues from members directly than from Ebay. Thanks everyone.

Is the WTB forum also the place where you would go to try to find trades for books? I recall there was something like that set up not long ago but I cannot recall where it is anymore.

I was hoping to find a fellow Thor collector who is also trying to fill in gaps in runs of their collection -- I have several 2nd copies etc that maybe they were needing and vice versa. That would seem cheaper than just buying them outright on eBay or a LCS. And I say that not trying to attract trades so much as to give an example. I am hesitant to put up a WTB ad myself as most of the times I have answered them, I have been low balled by those placing the ads - to the point of just saying "screw this".

No, they really don't. I've put up numerous things only to have boardies list them regularly and sell them and not even see my wtb thread. I do get the occasional help to e bay though to show one there.

They have worked for me. Thx to Beltan I picked up this beauty! Many boardies will def do their best to direct you to your wanted book. Chk it out…

4aErhy.jpg

:acclaim:

I've sold to some great buyers, like Minty, but although I've posted loads of WTB threads myself I've barely even had a response and these aren't obscure things I'm looking for either.

I'll keep on trying but very disappointing.

I actually scored a beautiful Batman 74 from my WTB thread, of course that was over 10 years ago ...

oh yeah, and this was picked up from my WTB in my signature line :luhv: and I was contacted about another item from my sig list but he wasn't ready to sell (yet!)

bat457.jpg

well, I did another WTB/WTT thread today and it is for a more difficult book than DD 181 (best comic ever!). this was a request for SS#4 (best cover ever!) cgc 5.0-8.0. Let's see where that gets me!

Given that so many people in this thread had good experiences with WTB threads, I decided to give it another try. I recently saw someone was looking for a book that I have. I sent scans and fielded quite a few questions before we discussed a price. He divulged his price range...

On the high end it was 25% under GPA. :tonofbricks:

If you're not willing to come up to at least GPA average for a slab you're looking for, please don't bother making a WTB post.

Edited by Peter Palmer