• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Studios' WOLVERINE 3 - LOGAN starring Hugh Jackman (2017)
8 8

1,131 posts in this topic

zw1t0KS.jpg

So how does he have metal/replacement claws now?

Which Wolverine Fox-Movie time stream does this take from? Wolverine: Big Trouble in Little Tokyo? or X-men: Apocalpyse Not Now?

zw1t0KS.jpg

Which Wolverine Fox-Movie time stream does this take from? Wolverine: Big Trouble in Little Tokyo? or X-men: Apocalpyse Not Now?

To this day it irritates me seeing the claws come out from between his fingers :sick:

zw1t0KS.jpg

He got them back between the end of The Wolverine & DoFP (he had them in the "future" bits of that movie). So I'm assuming that Magneto just kinda did some metal wizardry on the remaining metal on his bones & just took like a fraction of a millimeter off everywhere else & slid it over his claws, because he can do stuff like that.

Or, The Wolverine didn't happen exactly the same in the post(pre? Post? Tangential? I dont' know. Time travel makes my head hurt)-DoFP continuity & he never lost the metal.

All we know is that he lost them in The Wolverine. Got them back somewhere between the post-credits scene there & DoFP and then definitely still got all Weapon X-ified in the past, per the end of the past-bits of DoFP & what was shown in Apocalypse.

zw1t0KS.jpg

He got them back between the end of The Wolverine & DoFP (he had them in the "future" bits of that movie). So I'm assuming that Magneto just kinda did some metal wizardry on the remaining metal on his bones & just took like a fraction of a millimeter off everywhere else & slid it over his claws, because he can do stuff like that.

Or, The Wolverine didn't happen exactly the same in the post(pre? Post? Tangential? I dont' know. Time travel makes my head hurt)-DoFP continuity & he never lost the metal.

All we know is that he lost them in The Wolverine. Got them back somewhere between the post-credits scene there & DoFP and then definitely still got all Weapon X-ified in the past, per the end of the past-bits of DoFP & what was shown in Apocalypse.

Ok, I am going to give myself a migraine...but...

The future scenes in DOFP were wiped from history by the events of the film, set in the past, Wolverine is pulled from the water by Mystique, with bone claws, disguised as Stryker....so he never winds up in Stryker's hands in the past to get Weapon-X-ified.

Oh the hell...Eff You Singer!!! lol

zw1t0KS.jpg

Ok, I am going to give myself a migraine...but...

The future scenes in DOFP were wiped from history by the events of the film, set in the past, Wolverine is pulled from the water by Mystique, with bone claws, disguised as Stryker....so he never winds up in Stryker's hands in the past to get Weapon-X-ified.

Oh the hell...Eff You Singer!!! lol

Exactly. It's like a migraine. And technically everything from the moment the past-scenes of DoFP ended was wiped from history. Some of it might have happened the same. Some might have happened differently. And a bunch of all new stuff. They essentially wrote themselves a soft-reboot (sorta like Nu-Trek did) and can claim anything cool from the original movies happened & everything that sucked didn't happen.

As for the Mystique thing? We know she probably got found out & the real Strkyer showed back up at some point. Hence why he was running the program in Apocalypse & Mystique was off somewhere else obviously not doing it. We just don't know when/how he came back.

But based on the Mystique we kinda got at the end of DoFP and in Apocalypse of her being a radical of sorts, the head-cannon I have that makes it all make sense is that she saw the usefulness of the Weapon X program that Stryker was running, so when she replaced him, she kept running it but for her own means & not as it was intended. From the comics, she has been shown to be the type that will "push" gov't anti-mutant programs in a direction that she wants them by subterfuge in order to achieve her own goal. And a program like Weapon X, well funded & important, is one that she could definitely manipulate for her own ends, even if it means Wolverine gets all Weapon X-ified in the process. Or she delayed his Weapon X-ification for a decade or whatever until Stryker showed back up & put him thru the process. I mean, she did have him in custody for at least a decade between DoFP and Apocalypse. For all we know, they were running the program together for a decade, Stryker comes back & she bails on Logan when she's found out, leaving him out to dry, and Stryker tricks him into an adamantium bath or something.

zw1t0KS.jpg

The Wolverine - He had them in the beginning, but Silver Samurai removed at least the claws Adamantium.

Days of Future Past - His future self having his mind sent back in time had Admantium; early self didn't because he was at a stage he had not gone through Weapon X Program; ended at the stage he was going into the Weapon X Program, which Mystique was going to make sure happened.

Apocalypse - Now processed through the Weapon X Program, in full-form Adamantium.

zw1t0KS.jpg

The Wolverine - He had them in the beginning, but Silver Samurai removed at least the claws Adamantium.

Days of Future Past - His future self having his mind sent back in time had Admantium; early self didn't because he was at a stage he had not gone through Weapon X Program; ended at the stage he was going into the Weapon X Program, which Mystique was going to make sure happened.

Apocalypse - Now processed through the Weapon X Program, in full-form Adamantium.

or he's just trying to eff with people who care too much.

zw1t0KS.jpg

or he's just trying to eff with people who care too much.

or people who notice things, or people who remember things, or people who've seen good movies by careful writers/directors. lol

zw1t0KS.jpg

I had not heard this one before....did Singer actually say that? That mystique posed as Stryker to make sure Logan went through a process that destroyed his mind, and was the most excruciatingly painful chapter in his extremely long life?

zw1t0KS.jpg

I had not heard this one before....did Singer actually say that? That mystique posed as Stryker to make sure Logan went through a process that destroyed his mind, and was the most excruciatingly painful chapter in his extremely long life?

Something we have to remember - though Fox at times makes it a little tricky - is Mystique is not a good person. And her motives are not in the best interests of humankind or even fellow mutants consistently. Her direction can change based on self-interest and based on the job she is signed up for.

So when Mystique lets the security team fish him out of the water and then sneers as she offers up she will take it from there, there is no good coming from that scene.

osmul2m1irnolgcezz1z.jpg

Having him actually go through the Weapon X Program makes him into the killer he becomes, and also leads to events that Mystique may want to take place. Maybe even to guarantee her future with certain events.

It's confusing. But I try and factor in the comic book influences with the movie storyline. It helps me sleep at night.

lol

zw1t0KS.jpg

Something we have to remember - though Fox at times makes it a little tricky - is Mystique is not a good person. And her motives are not in the best interests of humankind or even fellow mutants consistently. Her direction can change based on self-interest and based on the job she is signed up for.

So when Mystique lets the security team fish him out of the water and then sneers as she offers up she will take it from there, there is no good coming from that scene.

osmul2m1irnolgcezz1z.jpg

Having him actually go through the Weapon X Program makes him into the killer he becomes, and also leads to events that Mystique may want to take place. Maybe even to guarantee her future with certain events.

It's confusing. But I try and factor in the comic book influences with the movie storyline. It helps me sleep at night.

lol

Aside from the fact that her character arc in DOFP is saving all of mutant kind through defense of humanity and taking down the "evil" mutant. She's redeemed in that movie. Turning from Magneto's way of killing and towards something far more "good".

We're talking Singer's Mystique, this universe, not the Rebecca McHottie Mystique from the original films who is morally ambiguous at best.

There's nothing about Mystique in DOFP that is anything like the comic version of her. She also doesn't know anything about her future, or anyone's future, certainly not enough to do that to Logan as something purely selfish.

I am going with Singer playing fast and loose with the details, for the umpteenth time, and changing course from movie to movie with zero eye towards continuity.

He's done it over and over with Wolverine, and now with with this X-men trilogy. It's impossible for me to choose intentional morality play over sloppiness when Singer can't figure out whether he left Wolverine with or without metal claws from flick to flick. He's really made a mess of things.

9.8's selling at $750 Bins from a month ago and 9.8's selling at $800 Bins from today? (shrug)

Or....$900 Bins in August and $800 Bins today? lol

Or we you talking about asking prices?

Asking prices. $750 for this book was ridiculous pre-movie announcement. There's definitely a bubble. I just wish there was a way to "short" comic book sales.

No doubt. If this character is handled like they handled Silver Samurai there will be blood in the streets....seller's red ink.

zw1t0KS.jpg

osmul2m1irnolgcezz1z.jpg

lol

Aside from the fact that her character arc in DOFP is saving all of mutant kind through defense of humanity and taking down the "evil" mutant. She's redeemed in that movie. Turning from Magneto's way of killing and towards something far more "good".

We're talking Singer's Mystique, this universe, not the Rebecca McHottie Mystique from the original films who is morally ambiguous at best.

There's nothing about Mystique in DOFP that is anything like the comic version of her. She also doesn't know anything about her future, or anyone's future, certainly not enough to do that to Logan as something purely selfish.

I am going with Singer playing fast and loose with the details, for the umpteenth time, and changing course from movie to movie with zero eye towards continuity.

He's done it over and over with Wolverine, and now with with this X-men trilogy. It's impossible for me to choose intentional morality play over sloppiness when Singer can't figure out whether he left Wolverine with or without metal claws from flick to flick. He's really made a mess of things.

I hear ya. They have not always been consistent with these characters. But I think the Adamantium is more straightforward.

Meanwhile with Mystique, you see how driven she is during the airport scene with Charles. She is committed to kill Trask after finding those files where he experimented on other mutants they had captured.

Does she want to do this for all mutants? Maybe the ones she really cares about like Charles and Beast. But is she really committed to the safety of all mutants? She may say one thing, but her commitment is to herself and what she cares about only.

Days of Future Past was quite the fun movie. But the timeline changes can make it a slight challenge. That may be the biggest problem within that movie.

zw1t0KS.jpg

To this day it irritates me seeing the claws come out from between his fingers :sick:

Would you prefer that they came out the top of his hand and make a Snikt sound like they were mechanical? Dude, come into the 21st century! This is from The House of Ideas! (: