• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Studios' WOLVERINE 3 - LOGAN starring Hugh Jackman (2017)
8 8

1,131 posts in this topic

Anyone catch a glimpse of Mr Sinister? I saw a quick glimpse of Caliban but I didn't see Sinister.

Now that I see them I'm bummed they went with the Reavers. Too bland to resonate with fans in my opinion but I guess the cosplay crowd can do something with the mechanical arms and stuff.

Anyone catch a glimpse of Mr Sinister? I saw a quick glimpse of Caliban but I didn't see Sinister.

Now that I see them I'm bummed they went with the Reavers. Too bland to resonate with fans in my opinion but I guess the cosplay crowd can do something with the mechanical arms and stuff.

I did not see Mister Sinister yet. You are right in that the cloaked figure was Caliban.

On the Reavers, it is an odd choice. But I guess it is how Mangold uses them in the movie, and how effective the actors will be in making you hate them for being mutant killers.

Really has the feel of a road trip buddy style movie. Wolverine and Xavier on one last adventure then passing the torch. Laura is young about 12 it seems, but her age does fit with her earliest flashback pages in her first mini series. She may be even slightly older than she was in those scenes. We need to remember that she was only 14 or 15 in her first appearance.

Mangold is going for the original Caliban look.

bGlnz9H.jpg

caliban-uncanny-x-men.png

g9XPhtf.gif

Didn't think of it before but he says he spent all summer in that kind of get-up. I'm not sure of how movies work but would he need to be on set for the summer unless Caliban is in the movie a bunch. They could have cut him out post production but do actors need to be around all summer if they are only in it for a few scenes?

:bump:

Logan synopsis released:

LOGAN Synopsis Possibly Revealed (Spoilers)

A new plot summary showed up on IMDB, which builds upon what we already know about the film and adds some significant details. Now, anyone with an IMDB pro account can post summary's like this, but it doesn't seem to be a coincidence since the Logan trailer has already been classified and is expected to drop sometime tomorrow. You can view the plot summary below.

Set in the future of 2024, Logan and Professor Charles Xavier must cope with the loss of the X-Men when a corporation led by Nathaniel Essex is destroying the world, with Logan's healing abilities slowly fading away and Xavier's Alzheimer's forcing him to forget. Logan must defeat Nathaniel Essex with the help of a young girl named Laura Kinney, a female clone of Wolverine.

The biggest reveal here is Nathaniel Essex's role, though the fact that the X-Men no longer exist is also crucial. It was known that Essex, also known as Mr. Sinister, was going to be involved, but no one knew in what capacity. Here it seems he is in control of the very thing destroying the earth and possibly had a hand in destroying the X-Men.

If that is the case, it will differ from how they died in the Old Man Logan series. In the comic, Mysterio altered Logan's perception, and Logan commenced to defending the school from enemies like Omega Red, Sabretooth, and the rest of the X-Men's rogues gallery. Unfortunately, he then realizes he's been fighting his teammates the entire time and has managed to kill them all.

I did not see Mister Sinister yet. You are right in that the cloaked figure was Caliban.

On the Reavers, it is an odd choice. But I guess it is how Mangold uses them in the movie, and how effective the actors will be in making you hate them for being mutant killers.

According to all the recent reports, Sinister isn't in the movie. Even though he was teased at the end of Apocalypse, he's apparently not even involved in this story as a villain.

No Sinister in Logan?

so how far in the future is this movie? I just ask because logan says almost all mutants are gone or are gone(dead).

I think from what I have read its year 2024.

was Days of future past future timeline 2020 if so, was there another x-men event that caused so much damage to the mutants.

According to all the recent reports, Sinister isn't in the movie. Even though he was teased at the end of Apocalypse, he's apparently not even involved in this story as a villain.

No Sinister in Logan?

I was hoping Mangold was kidding around, as when he posted on his twitter account 'Who is Mr. Sinister' it seemed like he was teasing people.

:wishluck:

Bryan Cranston Explains Why He Wants To Play X-Men Villain Mister Sinister

:wishluck:

And yet this was today's update.

Wolverine 3 Director Addresses Mr. Sinister Reports

The famous X-Men villain made headlines following the release of X-Men: Apocalypse since producers Bryan Singer and Simon Kinberg said the character would appear in Wolverine 3. But, if you ask the film’s director, he’s never heard of the sinister fellow.

RG1NZvq.png

Those fans only grew more confused as the director continued his social media spree. Responding to a fan, James said, “I hear he's [Mr. Sinister] in my movie. Going back to cutting room to look for him.”

The director then remarked it was “kinda funny kinda funny how a hundred media "news" outlets think a DVD commentary is a source for news headlines.”

Yeah. I mean, it seems kinda anticlimactic to tease Sinister connected to experiments with Logan's DNA, introduce X-23, and somehow make it NOT connected to Sinister or involve Sinister in any way actually appearing. Especially if you eventually get some sort of connection established without getting Logan to actually punish Sinister for using his own DNA to create weapons.

Perfect tune for the trailer.

That's what I am thinking. It fits this movie so well.

Interesting theme music with the leaked trailer.

What have I become

My sweetest friend

Everyone I know goes away

In the end

And you could have it all

My empire of dirt

I will let you down

I will make you hurt

I wear this crown of thorns

Upon my liar's chair

Full of broken thoughts

I cannot repair

Beneath the stains of time

The feelings disappear

You are someone else

I am still right here

So 2024 is like less than 10 years away from now......why is Wolverine OLD at all?

Didn't we see him in flashbacks from like the Civil War in the Wolverine movie? He's been kicking it for at least a century and looked pretty "young" in the first 3 X-men movies which were presumably in the modern era. So he ages like 10x faster or something since those took place? WTF?!?

Methinks it's a bit premature to put him and Xavier in Mutant old-age homes.

Plus....lukewarm, weaksauce villains? :(