• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Studios' WOLVERINE 3 - LOGAN starring Hugh Jackman (2017)
8 8

1,131 posts in this topic

Wolverine 3: Logan Villain Revealed

reavers00.jpg

The Instagram account for Logan has revealed the villain (or at least one villain) that will be featured in Hugh Jackman’s final Wolverine movie.

rJgU3k8.png

Boyd Holbrook will play Donald Pierce. Pierce, in the Marvel Comics Universe, is a cyborg who was a member of the Hellfire Club’s Inner Circle. After being beaten by the X-Men, Pierce left the Hellfire Club and became the leader of the thuggish cyborg group called the Reavers.

Pierce and the Reavers have proven to be especially brutal foes for the X-Men, particularly during the era in the late 1980s when the team was based out of Australia.

Just read a Yahoo article and they mention Caliban being part of Wolverine 3. Has that been released? I was about ready to start blowing out my stack of X-Men 148s until I read that.

Better buy X-Men #129 I guess.

229?

129 - 1st Hellfire Club & Donald Pierce.

229 - 1st Reavers

Just read a Yahoo article and they mention Caliban being part of Wolverine 3. Has that been released? I was about ready to start blowing out my stack of X-Men 148s until I read that.

Haven't seen that. I haven't seen X-Men Apocalypse yet either but I wonder if they are tying the two together. Other than the test tube of course.

Edited by ygogolak

It was in an article the previous week where story details started coming out.

Inside ‘Logan': Wolverine 3 Plot Details Revealed (Exclusive)

“Logan” takes place in the year 2024. The film is dark. Darker than any other other “Wolverine” or “X-Men” movie.

We learned further details from an insider who said that the girl in the poster is a young mutant. In 2024, mutant births are severely in decline, and people aren’t sure why. We find out about a government-type operation called “Transigen” that is turning mutant children into killing machines. Logan ends up mentoring the girl, who has two claws instead of his three.

There’s more. Professor X (Patrick Stewart) is old and not well. His powers are unstable and at times he doesn’t even remember Logan. Stephen Merchant plays the Albino mutant Caliban, who helps Logan take care of Professor X.

So it will be Caliban assisting Professor X in his later years.

Wolverine 3: New Logan Image Makes A Surprising Pit-Stop

nVJuRCc.png

Wolverine star Hugh Jackman shared a new image from the set of the anticipated film, a decrypt old Smelting Plant tower that is seen laying on its side. The tower also has some text on the side, but it's hard to make out what it says.

It seems odd that Jackman would share the image without some sort of significance to the plot. Now that X-23 is likely to be a part of the film, perhaps this is the site where Laura meets Logan for the first time? Of course, it could just be an old plant, but where's the fun in speculating that, so let's go with the X-23 theory.

While the name is simply Logan, the base of the film seems to originate from the Old Man Logan storyline seen in the comics. The film is set in 2024, and Logan along with the mutant Caliban care for a Charles Xavier who is a shell of his former self.

hm

Wolverine 3: New Logan Image Makes A Surprising Pit-Stop

nVJuRCc.png

Wolverine star Hugh Jackman shared a new image from the set of the anticipated film, a decrypt old Smelting Plant tower that is seen laying on its side. The tower also has some text on the side, but it's hard to make out what it says.

It seems odd that Jackman would share the image without some sort of significance to the plot. Now that X-23 is likely to be a part of the film, perhaps this is the site where Laura meets Logan for the first time? Of course, it could just be an old plant, but where's the fun in speculating that, so let's go with the X-23 theory.

While the name is simply Logan, the base of the film seems to originate from the Old Man Logan storyline seen in the comics. The film is set in 2024, and Logan along with the mutant Caliban care for a Charles Xavier who is a shell of his former self.

hm

do they even have editors at that website? "Decrypt" is not the same as "decrepit". :preach:

Smelting plant you say?

Does that trigger something with the story?

Not with the Old Man Logan story, just correlating to a possible demise.

That smelting plant doesn't look even remotely operational. lol

Probably picked for the post apocalyptic look.

Smelting plant you say?

Does that trigger something with the story?

Not with the Old Man Logan story, just correlating to a possible demise.

That smelting plant doesn't look even remotely operational. lol

Probably picked for the post apocalyptic look.

But what about the secret underground smelting plant? That's where Omega Red lives!