• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Studios' WOLVERINE 3 - LOGAN starring Hugh Jackman (2017)
8 8

1,131 posts in this topic

zw1t0KS.jpg

So how does he have metal/replacement claws now?

Which Wolverine Fox-Movie time stream does this take from? Wolverine: Big Trouble in Little Tokyo? or X-men: Apocalpyse Not Now?

To this day it irritates me seeing the claws come out from between his fingers :sick:

i'm curious why this would irritate anyone? i don't know the character well, but it doesn't seem odd in the least to me.

And it's still massively overpriced and the market will still collapse once the movies die out.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economic_bubble

And it's still massively overpriced and the market will still collapse once the movies die out.

Not positive about this statement. With the increased hype there is about 50 copies up on E-Bay (hard to tell with all the key word spamming) which is not many for a modern key book. People could be holding copies or it could just be a tough book in general to get ahold of. Even if demand tapers off the low print run may keep the book priced hi especially if her character becomes a hit with cosplayers and younger people.

I understand that, but I'm still convinced that the market cannot continue to sustain these kind of prices. Eventually, the people who buy these books high are going to want some kind of return and the person who spends $800 on this book in 9.8 isn't going to take $850 for it. A supplier sells to a speculating flipper who sells to another buyer who eventually wants to sell to another buyer. The supply chain has only so many links before it breaks.

Not positive about this statement. With the increased hype there is about 50 copies up on E-Bay (hard to tell with all the key word spamming) which is not many for a modern key book. People could be holding copies or it could just be a tough book in general to get ahold of. Even if demand tapers off the low print run may keep the book priced hi especially if her character becomes a hit with cosplayers and younger people.

Hate to quote myself but I take back what I said - looks like there are 1100 9.8s on census already and I'm sure growing every week. Compare that to 490 9.8s for Preacher 1, 224 of Y: Last Man #1 and 133 Peter Parker 64s . Seems like there should be plenty of copies floating around so people must be holding tight to see if we see a Walking Dead 1 price surge.

Edited by 1Cool

I mean, if I had this book I would definitely wait for the first trailer that showed X-23 or some kind of solid confirmation before unloading this. Movie spikes are just a thing that we as collectors are going to have to deal with until the market corrects itself. Even look at NM98. It's lost approximately 35-40% of its value in CGC 9.8 from the peak of $1000-1200. It can now be had on eBay for under $700.

It's a bubble. It sucks as a collector or a buyer, but is good for sellers. Me as a collector without a lot of capital just has to wait a few more years before the market corrects itself and speculators start unloading these books for decent (read: normal) prices.

There's no way to realistically short or bet against these kind of prices continuing, so the only sane thing to do as a collector is to sit back, save up and buy these books at a discount when the market crashes. I don't believe it will be as bad as the 1990s crash, but it will be painful for some speculators for certain.

Edited by Amadeus Arkham

zw1t0KS.jpg

Which Wolverine Fox-Movie time stream does this take from? Wolverine: Big Trouble in Little Tokyo? or X-men: Apocalpyse Not Now?

To this day it irritates me seeing the claws come out from between his fingers :sick:

i'm curious why this would irritate anyone? i don't know the character well, but it doesn't seem odd in the least to me.

Get back to me when you do :whatev:

You're looking at a what, 12 hour window at best since the image appeared?

zw1t0KS.jpg

i never understand why people have to be jerks. i asked an honest question. i wasn't putting anyone down, but genuinely curious why it bothers anyone. but, good job being a jerk.

zw1t0KS.jpg

i never understand why people have to be jerks. i asked an honest question. i wasn't putting anyone down, but genuinely curious why it bothers anyone. but, good job being a jerk.

Right, totally honest question.

:eyeroll:

Latest Official Image From LOGAN Shows Why The Movie Has Earned That R-Rating

GABld9H.png

A mysterious Instagram account has launched for Logan under the name, @wponx. Does that confirm that the villainous organisation will factor into the movie? Possibly, but for now, we have a brand new black and white image to enjoy following the release of one showing the screenplay and another featuring Patrick Stewart's Professor X. It's a good job it isn't in colour too as it looks pretty bloody!

As you can see for yourselves, a severed arm is all that's been left behind after what I'm guessing might have been one of Wolverine's trademark beserker rages. Logan will be the first film featuring the character to have an R-Rating,

Not a fan of how Fox has been handling the X-Men property lately. How are they going to get X-23 back to the present day X-Men movieverse? All this time jumping has me :screwy:
Good point. Maybe Fox will just dropping the original X-Men cast & the New Mutants will be set in the future with X-23 & a completely new line up.

New LOGAN Image Warns Do Not Enter

Plenty of teases are beginning to appear concerning Hugh Jackman's last Wolverine movie, Logan. We have an official movie poster, a first look at Professor X (Patrick Stewart), and some leaked plot details.

However, Hugh Jackman is keeping fans updated in his own way by posting vague and mysterious images to the official Weapon X Instagram account, like the one below.

zkQ55aB.png

A very rough translation of this sign reads, "Warning: The Law Prohibits Entry or Loitering on Any Part of These Roads." Don't worry - we're not stepping foot in there.

We can only assume that this is the entrance to the Weapon X facility where both Wolverine and his younger female clone, X-23, were created. If this is the spot, it definitely doesn't look very inviting at all.

Why would the sign at a Canadian facility be in Spanish/Portuguese?

I think many people are assuming the same thing with that sign. But could it actually be the lab where X-23 was developed versus the original Canadian location for the Weapon X Program?

I'm not familiar with the X-23 backstory, but it looks like The Facility where she was created never had a confirmed location.

After the Weapons Plus Project was shut down, The Facility was created as a branched-off organization with similar goals of creating genetically altered weapons and soldiers.

The actual location of the installation where X-23 herself was bred was never identified. The only noticeable landmarks place the base in a mountainous, alpine region. The only other possible clue is that Sarah Kinney was able to get X-23 from the base to San Francisco within hours of the kidnapping of her niece, Megan without being stopped until her return.

And what timing - a new image.

rGoCrm3.png

The new picture uploaded to ‘wponx’ shows a noir-esque image of waterlogged asphalt. The cracked asphalt can be seen drenched in standing water, a several interesting reflections can be seen in the puddles. Obviously, fans can see neon lights which set the picture at a motel with vacancy. But, most importantly, there appears to be a shadowy reflection of a man in the large pool as well.

The silhouette is small, but it does gives fans a few hints as to who the person’s identity may be. The slender figure can be seen wearing a full-brim hat and appears to have facial hair.

Of course, the reflection has prompted many fans to believe the image is of Old Man Logan himself. After all, the hero did have a tendency to wear similar hats in the comics - just look at Old Man Logan #1. There’s also the possibility of Professor X being the man behind the photo. Teaser images have shown how the telepath will appear in Logan, and the pictures leave him worse for wear. Perhaps Charles Xavier will be willing to cover his aging visage with a hat?

oj88Ptz.png