• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Studios' WOLVERINE 3 - LOGAN starring Hugh Jackman (2017)
8 8

1,131 posts in this topic

Caliban Is Caged In An Intriguing New Official Color Still From James Mangold's LOGAN

oi3RT4K.png

Tómas Lemarquis played Caliban in the 1980s set X-Men: Apocalypse, but Stephen Merchant looks set to play another version in Logan, a movie set in the not too distant future. Merchant's role remains a mystery, and now a new image of him (via Empire/@XMenFilms) has found its way online.

As you can see, it features the mutant caged up somewhere, but it doesn't look much like the place Wolverine and Professor X call home. Could it be that it's Caliban who brings the young X-23 to them after escaping from the villainous Xander Rice?

THE WOLVERINE Composer Will Score Hugh Jackman's LOGAN

Back in July, it was announced that Cliff Martinez — the film composer that scored Neon Demon, War Dogs, Drive, The Lincoln Lawyer, and Contagion — signed on to score James Mangold’s Logan. However, now the director has revealed that Martinez is no longer scoring the film and has already been replaced.

So, who's the film's new composer? It's Marco Beltrami, who previously scored Mangold's 3:10 to Yuma (2007) — which earned him his first Oscar-nomination — and The Wolverine (2013). He also composed the scores for Mimic (1997), The Faculty (1998), Resident Evil (2002), and The Hurt Locker (2008).

Excellent choice. The Wolverine had a solid soundtrack throughout.

Logan To Premiere At 2017 Berlin Film Festival (February 9th to February 18th)

KU0D0HY.png

Director James Mangold shocked everyone when he unleashed the debut trailer for Logan, Hugh Jackman's last outing as the Marvel icon Wolverine. After that, it didn't take long for the film to perch itself high atop fan's most anticipated in 2017 lists.

The festival runs from Thursday, February 9th to Saturday, February 18th.

James Mangold Shares First Frame Of Next Logan Trailer

The next Logan trailer is almost here. We're expecting it to arrive within the next few days but James Mangold has provided us with our very first look.

20th Century Fox elected to give away the over 1,900 frames to the trailer, shot by shot, to fans ahead of the trailers release. Only one of each from from the trailer (which is expected to run about 85 seconds without titles based on the number of frames) was sent out. Logan director has recieved and shared his.

The director took to Twitter to share his frame which sees a futuristic Chrysler 300 driving through a desolate area.

YlaoPla.png

I've got my two on the way.

:whee:

From a Hugh Jackman post.

YkN4OWV.jpg

The great thing about playing this character is it forces you to stay healthy and with certain "beauty" regimes.

A lot of probably have trouble going to the gym or sticking to a diet. This guy has had to stay in shape and keep his skin clear for almost the past 20 years. With the exception of this latest movie, he really wasn't allowed to look any older than he was back in the first X-Men movie. That has to be hard. I like running and working out too but I slip (a lot) and it would be nice to have a gig like this as the backbone to why I have to keep going.