• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Studios' WOLVERINE 3 - LOGAN starring Hugh Jackman (2017)
8 8

1,131 posts in this topic

Man I must really hate comic movies because that did absolutely nothing for me. Started daydreaming half way through.

I agree with you. I don't know what kind of crack is being smoked in this thread but that movie looked incredibly uninteresting.

So...he's burying Xavier at the end of the trailer? :(

Or it could be Caliban or any other X-men.

I wonder if they will dare put in the Old Man Logan twist in the movie?

Man I sure hope so.

What's the twist?

Mysterio had tricked Wolverine into killing the X-Men.

Man I must really hate comic movies because that did absolutely nothing for me. Started daydreaming half way through.

I agree with you. I don't know what kind of crack is being smoked in this thread but that movie looked incredibly uninteresting.

Superhero fatigue... the market will crash if you keep saying that so be careful

So...he's burying Xavier at the end of the trailer? :(

Or it could be Caliban or any other X-men.

I wonder if they will dare put in the Old Man Logan twist in the movie?

Man I sure hope so.

What's the twist?

Mysterio had tricked Wolverine into killing the X-Men.

Wouldn't Colossus be able to just bonk Wolverine on the head and knock him out? How is that possible? Whom did he kill?

Really has the feel of a road trip buddy style movie. Wolverine and Xavier on one last adventure then passing the torch. Laura is young about 12 it seems, but her age does fit with her earliest flashback pages in her first mini series. She may be even slightly older than she was in those scenes. We need to remember that she was only 14 or 15 in her first appearance.

I need to remember how lame X-men will be if what you are saying is true.

Who cares about X-23. Super Lame and boring.

Edited by NewWorldOrder

just say you didn't care for it and KIM Edited by Hawkman

Superhero fatigue... the market will crash if you keep saying that so be careful

Not super hero fatigue. Just doesn't look that interesting. I've never really been a fan of the X-Men movie franchise to begin with but I was hoping for something a little darker and more Apocalyptic. I'll be interested in a Wolverine flick when they do a proper Weapon X film which will probably never happen but after seeing Deadpool it's not completely impossible like I once believed.

Not super hero fatigue. Just doesn't look that interesting. I've never really been a fan of the X-Men movie franchise to begin with but I was hoping for something a little darker and more Apocalyptic. I'll be interested in a Wolverine flick when they do a proper Weapon X film which will probably never happen but after seeing Deadpool it's not completely impossible like I once believed.

Not that you are not entitled to your opinion, but this came across much darker than the previous X-Men movies have.

1. Mutants gone

2. Desolate desert setting, Logan on his own

3. Xavier very sick and possibly dying

4. Man against the world vibe. A very much beaten down man, physically scarred, angry, and withdrawn.

5. Much more graphic and realistic violence.

I am not saying it is a dark as other movies out there, but it certainly has a different feel and comes across much darker than what has been done with X-Men movies before. Granted it is one trailer, and we have also seen how easy it is to mislead audiences with trailers.

Not that you are not entitled to your opinion, but this came across much darker than the previous X-Men movies have.

1. Mutants gone

4. Man against the world vibe. A very much beaten down man, physically scarred, angry, and withdrawn.

I am not saying it is a dark as other movies out there, but it certainly has a different feel and comes across much darker than what has been done with X-Men movies before. Granted it is one trailer, and we have also seen how easy it is to mislead audiences with trailers.

That's what I am looking forward to. Is this going to be the on-going tone for the movie, or was the first trailer just a strong opener.

I like that they went with a different tone than the previous X-Franchise films. Where Deadpool followed its own path, this may (and should) as well versus being forced into a box.

1. Mutants gone

That's what I am looking forward to. Is this going to be the on-going tone for the movie, or was the first trailer just a strong opener.

I like that they went with a different tone than the previous X-Franchise films. Where Deadpool followed its own path, this may (and should) as well versus being forced into a box.

If (a big if) they follow the basic story of Old Man Logan with the Reavers taking the place of Hulk / Red Skull and Prof X stepping in for blind Hawkeye I can see it doing really well with the masses. Throwing in a heart touching tale of Wolverine slowly caring about X-23 is in my opinion a great plot twist. From this one trailer I see great things in terms of box office numbers for this movie - at least Suicide Squad type numbers.

Edited by 1Cool

So 2024 is like less than 10 years away from now......why is Wolverine OLD at all?

Didn't we see him in flashbacks from like the Civil War in the Wolverine movie? He's been kicking it for at least a century and looked pretty "young" in the first 3 X-men movies which were presumably in the modern era. So he ages like 10x faster or something since those took place? WTF?!?

Methinks it's a bit premature to put him and Xavier in Mutant old-age homes.

Plus....lukewarm, weaksauce villains? :(

His mutant powers arent working 100%, specifically his healing factor. Hence the scars on his face and back.

Looks like they are tying in 3 months to live, death of wolverine in with old man logan and X-23

Yeah, I'm not sure I'm buying it. Days of Future Past took place in 2023 and both Logan and Xavier are still looking pretty spry and ready to tangle with advanced Sentinels. One year from that date shouldn't enable those characters to become both senile and decrepit. This graphic depicts the four screwed up timelines resulting from Singer's tomfoolery:

Infographic_MTV_XMen_Movies_Timeline_1000dpi_Width.jpg

Guy is in crisis.

Guy sees his buddy.

Guy meets (little) girl.

Guy takes care of (little) girl.

Guy loses (little) girl to heavily armed goons.

Guy flips out to retrieve (little) girl from heavily armed goons.

Sounds like the same basic premise as The Wolverine, only with hackneyed Mad Max scenery and well maintained SUVs. Maybe it's my severe disdain for modern Marvel showing through, but this looks about as interesting as mowing my lawn.

Rambo - epic.

Logan - blech.

Guy is in crisis.

Guy sees his buddy.

Guy meets (little) girl.

Guy takes care of (little) girl.

Guy loses (little) girl to heavily armed goons.

Guy flips out to retrieve (little) girl from heavily armed goons.

Sounds like the same basic premise as The Wolverine, only with hackneyed Mad Max scenery and well maintained SUVs. Maybe it's my severe disdain for modern Marvel showing through,

but this looks about as interesting as mowing my lawn.

:o

Are you selling tickets? I want to get in on that action.

(:

That looks like the actor from Vikings.

f94b496ba55d44774737011031e11f55.gif

This video illustrates what I am talking about. It looks like he shoots out the metal claws, but the bone claws go through the guy's head. It seems slapdash.