• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Studios' WOLVERINE 3 - LOGAN starring Hugh Jackman (2017)
8 8

1,131 posts in this topic

Right on, people have waited a lifetime to finally see Patrick Stewart naked!

Well they already got a PG-13 version of it in that TNG episode where he gets captured by the Cardassians.

I really wish I could bring myself to not hate this movie sight unseen, but all things Wolverina are a non-starter in my crotchety old man comic world.

I simply do not remember him being captured by the Kardashians ....

Well they already got a PG-13 version of it in that TNG episode where he gets captured by the Cardassians.

I really wish I could bring myself to not hate this movie sight unseen, but all things Wolverina are a non-starter in my crotchety old man comic world.

Don't you remember when Darh'el - A Gul was dating Khloé Kardashian?

It was season 3 episode 2: Keeping up with the Cardassians.

Keeping-Up-With-the-Cardassians.jpg

Don't you remember when Darh'el - A Gul was dating Khloé Kardashian?

It was season 3 episode 2: Keeping up with the Cardassians.

Keeping-Up-With-the-Cardassians.jpg

:roflmao:

Edited by mattn792

Why does it have to be the last movie when Fox finally pulls it together like this?

ZYkVcEI.jpg

Deadpool proved they can go rated R and still make scratch. Although there's no guarantee this one will make that much $$. I'm still not convinced on that part, but I think it'll be a good movie, or at least better than the last two DC's, last two Wolvies, last X-men movie.

Why does it have to be the last movie when Fox finally pulls it together like this?

ZYkVcEI.jpg

Deadpool proved they can go rated R and still make scratch. Although there's no guarantee this one will make that much $$. I'm still not convinced on that part, but I think it'll be a good movie, or at least better than the last two DC's, last two Wolvies, last X-men movie.

This is correct. Moves for the past 20 years have been geared towards teens since they see movies multiple times (PG-13). Deadpool did a lot for comic book movies.

Caliban Faces His Fears In Another New Black And White Image From LOGAN

ZucjOl1.jpg

Here's what Logan director James Mangold recently had to say about casting Stephen Merchant:

"I’m always interested to find the thing that looks most interesting on the actors. Stephen is a huge man. One of the things that is so wonderful filming with him for a character like this is that he’s a good six inches taller than Logan, and huge over Patrick. The little kid in the movie would come up to basically his knee. So there’s a wonderful sense of scale – but he has heart too. So that was a wonderful energy to enter the movie, and someone who instead of turning things into their own energy kind of joined ours."

I didn't realize Stephen Merchant is 6'7" tall. No kidding about standing out.

I think this will be good, but not necessarily a blockbuster.

It will play _really_ well to its target audience (Wolverine fans) but will likely be far too niche / overlooked by the masses.

My Spidey senses are telling me that this is going to be a mega hit. Not sure on dollar amount but I see big things for the final total.

I think its gonna depend on if its good/entertaining. I know thats so simplistic, but even Deadpool was a "niche" audience and R rated, but when people found out that it was fun and entertaining, it did very well. I think same thing will apply here.

I think its gonna depend on if its good/entertaining. I know thats so simplistic, but even Deadpool was a "niche" audience and R rated, but when people found out that it was fun and entertaining, it did very well. I think same thing will apply here.

Yes

Just because most 'comic-book' fans seem to be somewhat more enthused (which they seem to be!) about this one than other recent wolverine or x-men movies does not necessarily mean it will translate into box office success or main stream appeal, especially with the R rating. Another factor would be if/when this airs in China, which does occasionally ban R rated movies (deadpool) or gives some movies bad 'timing' slots (BvS), but can absolutely 'save' a movie financially (Warcraft, Xmen apocalypse).

It doesn't look so far like it cost a ton to make, so I currently am optimistic about the box office. And I think it looks like a pretty entertaining movie, and not too comic-y. I've already talked my wife into seeing it, and I've even told her how bad the first two wolverines were (I actually thought both started ok but ended HORRIBLY, with the first wolverine being worse than the second).

yeah, the ending failed it a bit, but i give a pretty strong thumbs-up to #2.

The Wolverine was quite entertaining. And the solid way they used his history to link events within the story was never distracting.

If only they had done without that Viper character. That to me was the only real distraction, because not only was she a weak character, but her scenes felt forced into the story. Like she was dating someone from the studio, and they had to give her screen time.

But there is no comparison between X-Men Origins: Wolverine and The Wolverine. The latter was a much better movie.

yeah, the ending failed it a bit, but i give a pretty strong thumbs-up to #2.

The Wolverine was quite entertaining. And the solid way they used his history to link events within the story was never distracting.

If only they had done without that Viper character. That to me was the only real distraction, because not only was she a weak character, but her scenes felt forced into the story. Like she was dating someone from the studio, and they had to give her screen time.

But there is no comparison between X-Men Origins: Wolverine and The Wolverine. The latter was a much better movie.

the viper lady was awful, the sidekick lady was great. I liked the ending of that one about as much as I liked the ending of Suicide Squad, which is to say....it was ridiculous and overdone and made me think less of the movie.

I'd say my favorite Wolverines are X2 and Days of Future Past, but I think jackman is consistently good in all his wolvie roles.

I'd say my favorite Wolverines are X2 and Days of Future Past, but I think jackman is consistently good in all his wolvie roles.

X2 and DoFP are fantastic!

And I agree, Jackman is not the issue. If only Fox had fully taken advantage of having a solid actor, and provided him with solid scripts every time.

The Wolverine crashed right after he waxed Shingen. Think about how LS 4 handled Wolverine's jaunt to Yashida Corporate vs. the movie:

LS 4 - There's probably flunkies everywhere, so I'll need this crossbow, this rope, those arrows, these throwing stars...and I'll get in there all quiet like.

Movie - Trap? Bah! I'ma ride my bike right up to the reception desk and show 'em what's up!

Which strategy worked out better, and which was more true to the character's legacy?