• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Studios' WOLVERINE 3 - LOGAN starring Hugh Jackman (2017)
8 8

1,131 posts in this topic

It was great. Superb acting by everyone especially Jackman, great storytelling and great action. Instantly one of my favorite movies and thats hard to do. This and Dark Knight are easily the best comic book movies ever. I think a couple tears snuck out too. Absolutely loved this movie. The audience was silent at the end.

Best homage to this movie would be to make more and more comic movies like this. Studios listen up. Everyone go see this to send them a message we want more.

I just got back from it. Overall, it was a fantastic movie. X-23 was absolutely scene stealing and I look forward to her carrying on the Wolverine mantle if this does indeed turn out to be his last movie.

Couple of things:

Spoiler

OMG...that Deadpool teaser was amazing!!! I did not expect that.

I though Xavier was a little too senile...almost every word out of his mouth was *spoon* and it didn't seem right.

Donald Pierce was a decent villain, especially since he is pretty boring in the comics. Zander Rice was useless...they should have made him Nathaniel Essex.

I don't like that the group of kids were referred to as the "X-23s". And apparently, Laura was the only one with Logan DNA in her. I originally thought the kids were "X-01"..."X-02"...so on and that they were all failed versions of the Wolverine clone.

Rictor is in this...go grab X-Factor #17 while they are still cheap!!!

Caliban was very well done and Stephen Merchant did it better than Tomas Lemarquis did in Apocalypse.

The violence was pretty brutal...especially that adamantium bullet to X-24's head.

I like how we are still not 100% sure Wolverine died...he may just need a really long nap!

I hate to admit it but I wasn't a big fan and won't see it again.  Felt like the Passion of Wolverine in the fact it was a well acted movie but hot damn was it really depressing start to finish.  The action was top notch so I can't say I hated it but it could have really used some Marvel funny thrown in to lighten it up a bit.  And don't bother waiting around for post scenes since there isn't any.

Edited by 1Cool

12 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Felt like the Passion of Wolverine in the fact it was a fell acted movie but hot damn was it really depressing start to finish. 

Nice comparison there, Mel Gibson.  :eek:

I actually don't mind dark and intense films as long as they're well-paced, well-acted and have a good story and a bit of variety.  That will tend to pull me back for repeat viewings if I get the Blu-ray.

26 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

I've already seen the pre-movie video played before Logan. It's pretty funny. Just not sure if Stan Lee is included anywhere as was originally rumored.

Thought I heard his voice in the beginning.

Is it just me, or is there not as many people chiming in on this thread as there "should" be. It seems like there was even more engagement when Dr. Strange had just come out. (shrug)

25 minutes ago, Darkowl said:

Is it just me, or is there not as many people chiming in on this thread as there "should" be. It seems like there was even more engagement when Dr. Strange had just come out. (shrug)

The forum software switch culled out the older and weaker members of the herd.  :slapfight:

24 minutes ago, Darkowl said:

No one clapped in the theater last night.  1st showing on a Thursday are usually filled with hardcore fans and everyone left in silence.  You can see it as being a positive since the movie is pretty dark but the reaction was very muted and everyone was in a funk when they left.  Just not the type of movie you see multiple times like Guardians or Deadpool.

33 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

No one clapped in the theater last night.  1st showing on a Thursday are usually filled with hardcore fans and everyone left in silence.  You can see it as being a positive since the movie is pretty dark but the reaction was very muted and everyone was in a funk when they left.  Just not the type of movie you see multiple times like Guardians or Deadpool.

That is interesting. If the movie ends on a down note, then I suppose I could see silence as an appropriate reaction. I remember when the credits rolled after the Green Mile, feeling quite overwhelmed, so much so that I didn't want to do anything but just think about what I just watched. I was emotionally moved. It seems like there is a similar reaction going on with Logan. I'll be seeing it tonight, and I'll definitely drop by to voice my thoughts,

Edited by Darkowl

1 hour ago, Darkowl said:

that has to do with the unnecessary overhaul of the forums which has put this place into the ground.

14 minutes ago, Darkowl said:

If the movie ends on a down note

The movie starts on a down note, continues on a down note for 2 hours, and then ends on a down note. It's like an entire down symphony. 

It's very well done. But yeah, this is not one I would want to go see again, unlike Guardians or the first Iron Man. 

Yeah when waking out, I would hear people talking about it and it was all positive. But it was opening night so the crowd is biased. I'll be curious to see how this does with the non comic book crowd.