• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Worst movie you've seen this year

105 posts in this topic

I have only seen one movie this year so far, so that would make it simultaneously the best & worst movie I've seen all year.

I'll wait until I've seen one more movie before I come back and report on them.

:D

-slym

Jupiter Ascending was PAINFUL!!!

Thanks for saving me some time. I almost gave it a chance because I loved Matrix so much, but its getting terrible reviews-( Loved Interstellar. Interesting how divergent the board can be.

Channing Tatum looks like an elf who rides gravity defying roller blades. And that's not even the dumbest or worst part of the movie.

I pretty much agree with Comix4fun (Chris). I remember touting Hunger Games long before the film was made at my bookstore, and was hesitant for any of the films as most don't do the books justice. In fact, only few in history have out performed their books: The Godfather is one of the few....perhaps Shawshank Redemption as well.

Part of the problem for me is that I get more upset if I'm let down from a writer I really enjoy.... I mean Paul Haggis is fantastic (Crash, etc) and yet what was "Third Person"??? Ugh.

The older I get, the more precious my time is so I try to weed out the terrible films. ASM 2 and Transformers were godawful though. I have no idea why this generation continues to give Michael Bay a career.

AND "Transcendence" MUST be terrible, I didn't even know Depp had this come out...reading the reviews, it's awful.

Jaws & Shrek

I'm frankly stunned that anyone thought that The Hunger Games was "good". It was sheer torture to sit through that tween angst melodrama drivel. From the totally absurd plot to the repeated and ludicrous use of deus ex machina; the writers needed to revisit grade school composition class..

Part 3 is bad too? "Well duh"...

I tried to re-watch The Dark Knight Rises yesterday. It's easily the worst movie I've seen this year. Does that count or are we talking released in the last year?

Hobbit - Battle of the Five Armies.

Dwarves - check

Elves - check

Orcs and Trolls - check

Wizard - check

Fight at the end - check.

Totally predictable from start to finish. Awful.