• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Valiant first appearances (quick version for beginners) Now with pictures!
2 2

1,097 posts in this topic

I've got Wizard #1- #24 if you're missing any scans from certain issues. lol

These scans initially came from me, and I have a bunch more issues scanned (pages about Valiant, the Top 100 and Top 10 back issues lists), and a bunch more to do. I have issues through 109, missing only 2-9, 25, 28, 29, 32, 46, 52, 54, 91, 98, 105 & 106. I'm putting them on eBay soon, so I'll scan those pages before selling them.

So, are you someone from the Valiantfans board...?

hm

Found a nice 9.4/9.6 copy of Bloodshot #6 (1st Ninjak) in the dollar boxes at a local comic shop earlier today. :)

I have passed countless copies of these two in cheapo boxes, and just don't have the heart to buy them.

I have enough as it is.

:cloud9:

Really, the only one I really need is the #7 board project. Done and done.

(You wanna get into an argument about flipping...? Man, was that a most disgusting time. "Yeah, I'm a REAL fan of Valiant, I would like a fan project!"....a week later, it's on eBay. Sickening. :sick: )

... Bloodshot #1 --- you all remember how common that book is, right?

Less common than X-Men #16.

Wizard_17_20.jpg

This was an amazing month. Supes 75 drove BS1 sell out allover the place despite the huge run. This was still the time where local price spikes were the norm based on local demand. The guy the next town over might have a spare case or two but it didn't matter. Pre-internet.

Yeah - I don't really blame folks who pre-ordered cases of Turok 1.

It followed the exact same format as Turok 1, but with an arguably hotter artist.

Given that Bloodshot 1 sold out on day of release & was selling (in the Philly region) at least for $12 within a month, Turok 1 seemed like a no-brainer.

It was the customers themselves who then opted not to buy all the copies they'd pre-ordered when it didn't have a similar pop (wasn't it 1.7 million vs. Bloodshot 1's 600k or so -- or 1 million _more_ copies?) and a ton of comic stores were left holding the bag.

Yeah - I don't really blame folks who pre-ordered cases of Turok 1.

It followed the exact same format as Turok 1, but with an arguably hotter artist.

Given that Bloodshot 1 sold out on day of release & was selling (in the Philly region) at least for $12 within a month, Turok 1 seemed like a no-brainer.

It was the customers themselves who then opted not to buy all the copies they'd pre-ordered when it didn't have a similar pop (wasn't it 1.7 million vs. Bloodshot 1's 600k or so -- or 1 million _more_ copies?) and a ton of comic stores were left holding the bag.

I think it was more that there were dealers ordering thousands knowing they could only sell hundreds. This drove the print runs. Bloodshot was easy to get at under cover price if you knew the people with cases and cases.

I was doing the NYC show that month and one of the local dealers saw I had BS1 for cover price, so he asked me if I could sell him a quantity. I asked if he needed a hundred or a thousand. He didn't buy any.... lol! :-)

Hah! Pretty sure I paid $8 for my 1st Bloodshot 1 -- the same price I paid for my 1st X-O 1 & Magnus 1 earlier on.

I remember right before the bubble burst someone sold three longboxes of Valiants to my LCS. While they weren't yet priced, they allowed me to look through them.

Full pre-unity run (minus Solar 10 -- the lone copy in there was the 2nd print), with _heavy_ dupes on the # 1s & other early issues, like 10-12 each of Harbinger 1-6, 20+ X-O 1, etc. And the collector was good. Very few unity or post-Unity commons, but heavy dupes on Shadowman 8, EW 4-5, etc.

Notably, the set basically ended at Nov. '92, with Bloodshot 1. A solid 100+ copies (1/2 a longbox or so). It was still a $12 book at the time, but I took it as a good sign to get out.

I've got Wizard #1- #24 if you're missing any scans from certain issues. lol

These scans initially came from me, and I have a bunch more issues scanned (pages about Valiant, the Top 100 and Top 10 back issues lists), and a bunch more to do. I have issues through 109, missing only 2-9, 25, 28, 29, 32, 46, 52, 54, 91, 98, 105 & 106. I'm putting them on eBay soon, so I'll scan those pages before selling them.

So, are you someone from the Valiantfans board...?

hm

Yep. My understanding is that you're a former member? I joined back in 2008 but only became active on the boards in late 2012.

So with all the pre-unity talk are there any post unity books I should care about? Books that don't have 1.7 million copies floating around that is. Not talking last issues either, first appearances or keys

So with all the pre-unity talk are there any post unity books I should care about? Books that don't have 1.7 million copies floating around that is. Not talking last issues either, first appearances or keys

Pretty much this list which is the first page, and a few others. But you have to watch for later Valiant characters, Harbinger got really thick with new people in the teens-twenties issues.

I made a list.....If someone wants to add pictures, cool.

1st Appearances to nab (and maybe slab if that is what you do)

Archer & Armstrong: Archer & Armstrong #0: Regular Cover and Gold logo (Not 2nd Printing)

Armorines: Armorines #0 Gold Or X-O #25 (Cameo in X-O 19, 23, 24) Gold (meh, just one of those things, gold!!!!!)

Bloodshot: Eternal Warrior #4, Rai #0, and Eternal Warrior #5

Darque(s): Shadowman #7, Shadowman #8,Eternal Warrior #6

(His Voice, His Torso, His face! lol) And His Sister Shadowman #10

Dr. Mirage: Shadowman #16 (Worth a shot, even though his new valiant incarnation is a female)

Eternal Warrior: Solar Man Of The Atom #10 1st Print (Given)

Toyo Harada: (Gangsta) Solar Man Of The Atom #3

Harbinger: Harbinger #1( A lot of Characters, may be later issues involved with later reintroductions) Watch this one....

H.A.R.D. Corps: Harbinger #10 (And maybe when Bloodshot comes around H.A.R.D. Corps.#5)

Ninjak: Bloodshot #6 (Colin King) (Cameo) Bloodshot #7 (Ninjak in Costume)

Shadowman: Shadowman #1, (Secret Identity shown playing Sax in a bar in X-O Manowar #4, not sure how that holds up)

Rai: Magnus Robot Fighter #5/Rai #1 (Flip Book 1st Appearance is key because of the same reasons it was in the 90's. 1st 100% NEW Valiant Character) (Regular Series Really low print too, and he dies during Unity)

Timewalker: A&A/EW #8 (Because A&A EW Rock & Roll World Tour, not low print, but a fun book, and Timewalker has potential.)

X-O Manowar: X-O Manowar #1 (armor appearance in Magnus #7 is a stretch, best to go with X-O Number 1)

Edited by UltraMaximus

Some of the one-shots/2 issue minis (the Turok one) used to fetch good prices. As far as value, the 1999 or 2000 relaunch has some pricey books in it. Due to the low print runs these are tough to find.

Pretty much this list which is the first page, and a few others. But you have to watch for later Valiant characters, Harbinger got really thick with new people in the teens-twenties issues.

I made a list.....If someone wants to add pictures, cool.

1st Appearances to nab (and maybe slab if that is what you do)

Archer & Armstrong: Archer & Armstrong #0: Regular Cover and Gold logo (Not 2nd Printing)

Armorines: Armorines #0 Gold Or X-O #25 (Cameo in X-O 19, 23, 24) Gold (meh, just one of those things, gold!!!!!)

Bloodshot: Eternal Warrior #4, Rai #0, and Eternal Warrior #5

Darque(s): Shadowman #7, Shadowman #8,Eternal Warrior #6

(His Voice, His Torso, His face! lol) And His Sister Shadowman #10

Dr. Mirage: Shadowman #16 (Worth a shot, even though his new valiant incarnation is a female)

Eternal Warrior: Solar Man Of The Atom #10 1st Print (Given)

Toyo Harada: (Gangsta) Solar Man Of The Atom #3

Harbinger: Harbinger #1( A lot of Characters, may be later issues involved with later reintroductions) Watch this one....

H.A.R.D. Corps: Harbinger #10 (And maybe when Bloodshot comes around H.A.R.D. Corps.#5)

Ninjak: Bloodshot #6 (Colin King) (Cameo) Bloodshot #7 (Ninjak in Costume)

Shadowman: Shadowman #1, (Secret Identity shown playing Sax in a bar in X-O Manowar #4, not sure how that holds up)

Rai: Magnus Robot Fighter #5/Rai #1 (Flip Book 1st Appearance is key because of the same reasons it was in the 90's. 1st 100% NEW Valiant Character) (Regular Series Really low print too, and he dies during Unity)

Timewalker: A&A/EW #8 (Because A&A EW Rock & Roll World Tour, not low print, but a fun book, and Timewalker has potential.)

X-O Manowar: X-O Manowar #1 (armor appearance in Magnus #7 is a stretch, best to go with X-O Number 1)

:applause:

It holds up very well, and has for many years. X-O Manowar #4 is one of those books Valiant fans covet as a key. Especially with that cool cover, and containing one of the earliest crossovers of the Harbinger kids.

2905025-04.jpg

1 week and I have been a very busy boy

b8193cdd-9a28-45c5-a1db-f4d17f14cec3_zpsgjsvwbfm.jpg

20150320_194947_zpsi0mj9f5q.jpg

f9d5212e-9720-40fd-a101-44e46cb4680f_zpsrlbrfcgm.jpg

494192ec-bdc3-41b3-a5e7-9a08a9ede525_zpsbbualmws.jpg

bc81f67d-c813-4fb3-8b49-b45172adb1da_zpsgsfnrh9s.jpg

4ae0fa55-9806-4d73-b6dc-44fc652cb8b2_zpscuxcdef7.jpg

d38a9a45-0c53-42b6-9d81-3304f71b2e20_zps5yycxzq4.jpg

20150320_194350_zpscnobozbe.jpg

af665106-0b7b-4737-bdd3-67085241ef34_zpsqmraekek.jpg

02a58cee-55fb-4f2c-b867-fd15b50c2224_zps6nqgoblt.jpg

e0c097c0-73fd-4cd3-826c-115593592f6e_zps4zqxbdpg.jpg

20150320_194326_zpskwspketr.jpg

Outstanding! :applause:

Found these in the dollar boxes at a local Vintage Stock yesterday. Two of them were actually 50 cents because they weren't bagged/boarded:

Archer & Armstrong/Eternal Warrior #8

Bloodshot #6

Harbinger #10

Ninjak #1

Valiant%20Comics_zps6qjao3kf.jpg