• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Valiant first appearances (quick version for beginners) Now with pictures!
2 2

1,097 posts in this topic

Very nice on the $6 score, indeed. I checked Mycomicshop before I bought one off of eBay and they didn't have any listed... refreshed the page a little after the eBay purchase and happened upon a 9.0 for $16. I impulse bought it along with a couple other random books I had in my shopping cart from a while ago.

It's a little more complicated than that guys, I work there as a 3rd job, prior to working there I did the order for this book with the manager, but the owner may have cut the order on FOC due to not enough subscribers for the book.

It's a messy situation, but there has been something wonderful (A COPY OF THE BOOK MAN!!) that is being sent my way by an observer who read my troublesome story on the last page.

Incredible person IMO. Thanks again, IDK how I will, but I'll find a way to pay it forward for this one.

If I'm reading correctly, you're getting service from the top!

Wouldn't be surprising. They have been incredibly generous to fans as you're well aware of I'm sure.

Fixed, and you know how many people came in after initial orders wanting to pay for 25 copies to get the Geomancer title!?!?!?!?!?! We are only getting one copy because Valiant Readership locally does not read previews. And I pre-ordered my copy (the 1)

I really wonder what the Geomancer books print/distribution run will be in the end.

Valiant announced sales of over 70,000 on the main title (Book of Death #1), so the 1:25 books (Legends of the Geomancer #1) should be around 3,000 copies.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/06/30/valiants-book-of-death-1-has-over-70000-orders-valiantsummit/

I'll have to buy a copy for sure. Maybe two or three.

Fixed, and you know how many people came in after initial orders wanting to pay for 25 copies to get the Geomancer title!?!?!?!?!?! We are only getting one copy because Valiant Readership locally does not read previews. And I pre-ordered my copy (the 1)

I really wonder what the Geomancer books print/distribution run will be in the end.

Valiant announced sales of over 70,000 on the main title (Book of Death #1), so the 1:25 books (Legends of the Geomancer #1) should be around 3,000 copies.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/06/30/valiants-book-of-death-1-has-over-70000-orders-valiantsummit/

Has anybody here read the Geomancer book, that can

Hint at

if anything of importance happens/new characters, Like all the crazy stuff that happened in Book of Death 1, or is it just a lame more-of-the-same spin-off that's rare, but meaningless overall..?...

Hint at

if anything of importance happens/new characters, Like all the crazy stuff that happened in Book of Death 1, or is it just a lame more-of-the-same spin-off that's rare, but meaningless overall..?...

I haven't read it yet, but since it's supposed to be the story of the first Geomancer, it's safe to say that that's one first appearance. Who knows whether all of those cameos in that one image in Book of Death will make a difference down the road.

Hint at

I haven't read it yet, but since it's supposed to be the story of the first Geomancer, it's safe to say that that's one first appearance. Who knows whether all of those cameos in that one image in Book of Death will make a difference down the road.

There is a good chance those cameos you mention may be pretty popular. Seeing as how valiant fans put a lot of love into cameos, like some guy playing a saxophone in one panel, a dude showing up on the last page of EW 4, a guy in a white suit boarding a flight, ect. I remember when the pre-unity books were coming out and Valiant always made a "thing" out of doing cameos for most new characters. Back then all those Valiant cameos were hot items, and still are according to recent sales.

Hint at

There is a good chance those cameos you mention may be pretty popular. Seeing as how valiant fans put a lot of love into cameos, like some guy playing a saxophone in one panel, a dude showing up on the last page of EW 4, a guy in a white suit boarding a flight, ect. I remember when the pre-unity books were coming out and Valiant always made a "thing" out of doing cameos for most new characters. Back then all those Valiant cameos were hot items, and still are according to recent sales.

Yes, for characters that are top-10 characters in the Valiant Universe, there is demand for cameos. It remains to be seen whether any of these characters eventually fit that description. I have a hunch that one of the reasons they threw a bunch of new characters in there is specifically so people will hoard them, knowing the aftermarket history with cameos, so fewer get returned. (It would be a smart way to achieve that.)

Has a Book of Death thread been started?

Until this past weekend, I had not read a Valiant specific title in a couple of DECADES. Until now.

The good news is as follows:

1) I enjoyed it. Quite a bit actually.

2) It was "The Valiant" TPB which is directly tied to the just released

Book of Death series

3) $9.99 cover price for a new edition so it's not like you're breaking the bank. Used would be even cheaper (obviously)

4) There is no bad news. Now I'm looking forward to reading the BoD floppies to see what happens from here.

If you're on the fence or just have no idea of what's going on with BoD, "The Valiant" is the BEST place to start. It'll fill in the holes like "where the hell did that Geomancer come from" and "what the hell is a Geomancer" and why is the Eternal Warrior such a *spoon* fighter against this particular evil. :)

Edited by 21Pittsburgh58

Picked up a sweet copy of Solar #3 for a buck over the weekend at the North Texas Comic Show in Dallas along with a Shadowman #16 also for a dollar. While I was at it I also grabbed a Harbinger #8 for a buck. :)

That's awesome.

Personally, I'd rather have a 9.8 Solar 10 than a Harbinger 1.

Just such a cool book...

Agreed. I think in the long term it's going to be the more valued book in 9.8 just due to the difficulty of this cover at that grade. If an Eternal Warrior movie is announced, then we'll really see it light up.