• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Valiant first appearances (quick version for beginners) Now with pictures!
2 2

1,097 posts in this topic

Book of Death! Wednesday, get here already! Tales of the Geomancer too! :ohnoez:

Legends of the Geomancer :gossip:

I don't want anyone to miss it because they're looking in the wrong spot on the alphabetical wall. :grin:

I doubt any of the LotG books will be going out with the regular books. (All the stores I go to keep the incentive variants separate from the normal editions.)

The official title is Book of Death: Legends of the Geomancer for just this reason. Any store looking to rack it should have it racked next to Book of Death.

Both books pretty good reads too ;)

Wow, you are like.....Alice Cooper.... (worship) We're not Worthy! We're Not Worthy!

Thanks for all you have done with VEI.

The official title is Book of Death: Legends of the Geomancer for just this reason. Any store looking to rack it should have it racked next to Book of Death.

I was about to ask how you got advance copies… and then I saw who posted the comment.

I was about to ask how you got advance copies… and then I saw who posted the comment.

Yeah, there are guys on this board who want to argue that advertisements are first appearances just because they're earlier...

we should get dinesh_s to keep a dream journal. Talk about a true first appearance... beat that! (thumbs u

Yeah, there are guys on this board who want to argue that advertisements are first appearances just because they're earlier...

we should get dinesh_s to keep a dream journal. Talk about a true first appearance... beat that! (thumbs u

Can I slab that journal?? hm

Well I just got bad news, Owner of the store cut my order from 25 down to 12, so No Tales of the Geomancer #1 for me.

So pissed because it will now cost me serious loot to replace the book.

Were all of those 25 for Book of Death? Because if that's the case, I'd tell your LCS to keep them all and buy them elsewhere.

Yeah, it was arranged that I would buy 25 copies at cost if I had to in order to get the 1:25 book.

Pre-ordered 2 months ago....

Truth be told, I have had the worst luck as a Valiant collector. The 1990's got me bad chasing pre-unity books I couldn't afford, and my adult VEI chase is getting it, and getting it in decent condition which seems to be an issue.

:-/

Found something cool I thought I would share with you guys.

It's a hand written letter from Barry Windsor Smith and a signed unity plat.

The sig and dedication has me wondering if the other copy (that wasn't included) was made out "To Erica" since this one mentions Albert. Maybe just a coincidence...

3nbHfx.jpg

30VxT4.jpg

tvDFwc.jpg

Yeah, it was arranged that I would buy 25 copies at cost if I had to in order to get the 1:25 book.

Truth be told, I have had the worst luck as a Valiant collector. The 1990's got me bad chasing pre-unity books I couldn't afford, and my adult VEI chase is getting it, and getting it in decent condition which seems to be an issue.

Dude! Just use dcbs.com or midtown!! You'll get everything you want including any variants if you order early enough. I got 3 copies of geomancer on the way. If they are in good shape I'll PM you and sell you one for cheaper than eBay.

I'm guessing you're getting played. Stored ordered enough to get the incentive and is just dumping the books that aren't otherwise accounted for on you.

It's a little more complicated than that guys, I work there as a 3rd job, prior to working there I did the order for this book with the manager, but the owner may have cut the order on FOC due to not enough subscribers for the book.

It's a messy situation, but there has been something wonderful (A COPY OF THE BOOK MAN!!) that is being sent my way by an observer who read my troublesome story on the last page.

Incredible person IMO. Thanks again, IDK how I will, but I'll find a way to pay it forward for this one.

Well, I told myself I wasn't going to go to the shops today... but then I saw that today was the release of Book Of Death. Picked up a BAM/2NC variant and a cover A (that I ordered from Midtown). Before going to the rest of the shops in the area (there really wasn't much of anything this week I was interested in aside from this) I called around to see if any of the shops actually had Legends of the Geomancer. Only one did and they were selling it for roughly eBay price, so I bit the bullet and bought a variant day of release for the first time on eBay... hope it doesn't come back to bite me, lol. I really should start pre-ordering from Midtown or something for stuff like this in the future.

Edited by BishopT

It's a little more complicated than that guys, I work there as a 3rd job, prior to working there I did the order for this book with the manager, but the owner may have cut the order on FOC due to not enough subscribers for the book.

It's a messy situation, but there has been something wonderful (A COPY OF THE BOOK MAN!!) that is being sent my way by an observer who read my troublesome story on the last page.

Incredible person IMO. Thanks again, IDK how I will, but I'll find a way to pay it forward for this one.

If I'm reading correctly, you're getting service from the top!

Is the Book of Death: Legends of the Geomancer a retailer incentive? I snagged one copy from a LCS but my file LCS did not get any.

It's only available as a retailer incentive. There's no regular edition for Book of Death: Legends of the Geomancer... it was only available at 1:25 ratio with Book of Death #1.

If you got one for anywhere under $25 today, you got a bargain. It will be interesting to see what happens with that book... lots of copies on ebay right now... but it's day 1. How many will there be on day 60? hm