• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2015 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Round of 128

258 posts in this topic

The slabbed books:

2015-03-13-0003_zpspafxk7gd.jpg

2015-03-13-0002_zpswo7qlwvy.jpg

2015-03-13-0001_zpsvpa8add7.jpg

2015-03-13-0004_zpscbcoo9ks.jpg

Hang on Blowie... SSoSV = 9.4 not 9.0. I was grading as CGC would, ie. grade defined by best cover. I think if we are going to include double covers in the contest, the rules for grading should be defined.

I think this is a joke, right?

Not really, I actually bothered to research how CGC grade double covers when I noted it was a DC from the hi-res scans. Where was it stated that we were grading the front cover only?

I actually thought it was in as a curve ball item to grade (as generally DC's grade higher due to the inner cover determining the final grade).

The slabbed books:

2015-03-13-0003_zpspafxk7gd.jpg

2015-03-13-0002_zpswo7qlwvy.jpg

2015-03-13-0001_zpsvpa8add7.jpg

2015-03-13-0004_zpscbcoo9ks.jpg

Hang on Blowie... SSoSV = 9.4 not 9.0. I was grading as CGC would, ie. grade defined by best cover. I think if we are going to include double covers in the contest, the rules for grading should be defined.

I think this is a joke, right?

I don't think so, I did the same thing. I could tell by the large scans it was a double cover and graded it the way I thought CGC would with the overall grade on the slab. My bad

The 2nd cover could have had a giant dog ear. Or the owner could have drawn a picture on it. I think it was pretty clear that you only grade what you can see.

(thumbs u

You can't possibly think that you are grading a book based on a cover that he is not showing you, can you? ???

How did Comicdey do?

Probably quite well.

I'd say so. I think his 93 was the high score for the round. Crushed by the champ.

Note to self: never play against Comicdey. (thumbs u

How did Comicdey do?

Probably quite well.

I'd say so. I think his 93 was the high score for the round. Crushed by the champ.

Note to self: never play against Comicdey. (thumbs u

93!?! Whoa Nellie...