• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FEAR TWD TV SHOW --- Official Discussion Thread

285 posts in this topic

I really think it's a natural disbelief that has to "sink in" that these people are actually the reanimated dead. This was her second interaction with one and she quickly now knows what to do. I don't see her hesitating anymore in future encounters. Remember Herchel was "saving" the walkers in his barn thinking that they could still be cured well after the outbreak.

That's really a good point. At this stage, folks are in shock at what they are seeing take place around them.

Though the kid, Tobias, seems to be on top of things when it comes to the zombie apocalypse arriving. Prior to this, he'd be the weird kid that folks ignored. Going forward, he ends up being the one most probably realizing what is going on. And how serious the situation is, including his comment in Ep. 2 how fast society would break down.

Must be an awful lot of people who are missing the wonderful -script, academy award winning acting and simmering tension building plot as well as me then.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3743822/reviews?ref_=tt_urv

Or maybe, the show really is poorly written, woefully acted and downright pedestrian.

They left the food because they were 'in shock' - sure they did. lol

Tobias knew the guy was a walker. The teacher knew. But no, lets wander up to a growling shambling dead guy (acting just like the one she saw 2 hours ago) and ask "are you OK?"

Oh, hey Tobias, here's your knife, wanna lift home, but don't worry about all that food you broke into a school for, coz we are both in shock.

*Luckily she remembers the drugs, although nobody seems to have commented on that.*

Maybe it's not some slow-burn classic like some here would plead for you to believe, but just trite, quickly produced, B grade filler, with D grade actors and a truly awful -script.

Online reviews are scathing and viewers have dropped over 20% in one week.

A body count increase will not make up for the glaring deficiencies in this show, so to use that as a basis for deflecting criticism of said product is completely pointless. The standard of the show is simply too low for it to be a success in the long run, no matter how much spin ii put on it.

Ugh....tell us more about people who think they just murdered a good friend and co-worker would act. Have much experience with that type of thing? People act totally normal then?

Tell us more about how carrying drugs already in a bag on your shoulder is exactly the same as wheeling a full cart full of canned goods down two flights of stairs.

Amazing that some people watching this show A) Believe they would handle the situation as if they were Rambo lol and B) have no ability to put themselves into the shoes of a person who (the day before) the world was entirely normal.

Given the lack of patience you've displayed (attacking from Ep 1) thus far you'll never know if this is a slow burn story with constantly increasing tension because you gave up after your first, cursory "Where Da Zombie HeadSplatterin' At?" analysis.

Every one of those reviews, that you rely so heavily upon for personal validation of your own opinion, come from the same "I'm a huuuuuuge fan of the Walking Dead and this is nothing like that....." perspective. I am not totally shocked that people can't figure out that this is its own show, just set in the same world. The same thing happened on the main WD show every time they diverged from the comics. The sky kept falling.

Now, instead of complaining that they diverge from the content of the comics, they are complaining about the pacing and storytelling style diverging from the main show. It's all so tedious when people are so lazy that they can't take something new and give its own chance to tell its own story its own way.

I really think it's a natural disbelief that has to "sink in" that these people are actually the reanimated dead. This was her second interaction with one and she quickly now knows what to do. I don't see her hesitating anymore in future encounters. Remember Herchel was "saving" the walkers in his barn thinking that they could still be cured well after the outbreak.

True. Seeing the world through the characters eyes and their level of experience is pretty key to "getting" this series.

off point question... how long was Rick unconsious at the beginning of the walking dead?... just wondering how much time past from start to total chaos there... see if it resembles the timeline here~

The producers have said 4-5 weeks.

It's at 66% on Metacritic and 79% on Rotten Tomatoes. Not exactly scathing.

Not only that, but the "Ratings Dropped 20%" is a red herring.

That was a series premiere....premiere's and finales ALWAYS have the highest ratings.

Every season of The Walking Dead saw a double digit % drop in viewers from Ep 1 to Ep 2.

Having a live awards show in the same age demo as FTWD's probably pulled slightly more than it would have on a normal night.

Must be an awful lot of people who are missing the wonderful -script, academy award winning acting and simmering tension building plot as well as me then.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3743822/reviews?ref_=tt_urv

Or maybe, the show really is poorly written, woefully acted and downright pedestrian.

They left the food because they were 'in shock' - sure they did. lol

Tobias knew the guy was a walker. The teacher knew. But no, lets wander up to a growling shambling dead guy (acting just like the one she saw 2 hours ago) and ask "are you OK?"

Oh, hey Tobias, here's your knife, wanna lift home, but don't worry about all that food you broke into a school for, coz we are both in shock.

*Luckily she remembers the drugs, although nobody seems to have commented on that.*

Maybe it's not some slow-burn classic like some here would plead for you to believe, but just trite, quickly produced, B grade filler, with D grade actors and a truly awful -script.

A body count increase will not make up for the glaring deficiencies in this show, so to use that as a basis for deflecting criticism of said product is completely pointless. The standard of the show is simply too low for it to be a success in the long run, no matter how much spin ii put on it.

Ugh....tell us more about people who think they just murdered a good friend and co-worker would act. Have much experience with that type of thing? People act totally normal then?

Do you routinely kill your co-workers to know how people act? Or would you just have your own opinion, the same as anyone else?

Tell us more about how carrying drugs already in a bag on your shoulder is exactly the same as wheeling a full cart full of canned goods down two flights of stairs.

Gee, I dunno, how about a lift or a ramp - you know, the way they got up there in the first place - or do you think minions carry tins up 2 flights of stairs, one box at a time?

I assume that this isn't the only major city school in the USA without disabled/freight access?

Amazing that some people watching this show A) Believe they would handle the situation as if they were Rambo lol and B) have no ability to put themselves into the shoes of a person who (the day before) the world was entirely normal.

The problem here is the -script and how the actors relay it. Who's saying they are Rambo? That's a theme you keep coming out with. I have no idea why.

Given the lack of patience you've displayed (attacking from Ep 1) thus far you'll never know if this is a slow burn story with constantly increasing tension because you gave up after your first, cursory "Where Da Zombie HeadSplatterin' At?" analysis.

Your words, not mine. If it improves, I'll be sure to post as such. If not, then I'll continue to criticise.

Every one of those reviews, that you rely so heavily upon for personal validation of your own opinion, come from the same "I'm a huuuuuuge fan of the Walking Dead and this is nothing like that....." perspective. I am not totally shocked that people can't figure out that this is its own show, just set in the same world. The same thing happened on the main WD show every time they diverged from the comics. The sky kept falling.

I don't need validation from anyone to have an opinion. Try it. It's quite liberating.

Now, instead of complaining that they diverge from the content of the comics, they are complaining about the pacing and storytelling style diverging from the main show. It's all so tedious when people are so lazy that they can't take something new and give its own chance to tell its own story its own way.

I'm quite happy to see and enjoy something new. Trouble is, this show mostly isn't doing anything that hasn't been done before (so far).

I enjoyed the cop filling up his car - but surely Travis would have asked "that bad?" Time to get out of town?"......

End of the day - it's a TV show. And an average one at that.

If my opinion changes, it will be because the show has improved, not because you defend it continuously.

I have experience with people who've suffered serious trauma, immediately after facing such trauma. They aren't thinking rationally, or going about their day as if nothing happened afterwards. The glazed over look of numbness they had walking back to that car rings 100% true.

You are entitled to your opinion that their attitude after killing that man rings false and I am entitled to tell you that your opinion was pulled out of your and runs counter to what anyone who has ever actually experienced a serious act of violence, accident, or trauma actually would act.

But hey, a wild guess works too.

And don't think I am trying to change your mind, I really don't give a squirt about that. I'm just giving a counter point when I see something knee-jerk and indicative of the point flying directly over someone's head.

Not taking that counter point as information is actually predictable.

There’s a good chance, AMC will be reporting higher DVR playback gains for “Fear” this week due in part to stronger live competition from the VMA Awards.

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/amcs-fear-the-walking-dead-declines-in-week-2-1201581803/

I have experience with people who've suffered serious trauma, immediately after facing such trauma. They aren't thinking rationally, or going about their day as if nothing happened afterwards. The glazed over look of numbness they had walking back to that car rings 100% true.

You are entitled to your opinion that their attitude after killing that man rings false and I am entitled to tell you that your opinion was pulled out of your and runs counter to what anyone who has ever actually experienced a serious act of violence, accident, or trauma actually would act.

I work in a Trauma OR, so I guess I may actually know a thing or two about it. I see it every working day.

But if throwing around words that have to be censored makes you think you know better than most - carry on Champ.

And don't think I am trying to change your mind, I really don't give a squirt about that. I'm just giving a counter point when I see something knee-jerk and indicative of the point flying directly over someone's head.

As always when someone disagrees with you - out comes the snark and insults.

Your arrogance in assuming you are always right is the only predictable thing in any disagreement you have.

Junk Donkey said it best in another thread.

I'll judge the show on how I see it - exactly as you are doing.

And look - no need for the swear filter!

I have no wish in carrying on this futile exercise, but should you feel the need to express yourself further, my PM box is available for you to use. (thumbs u

I work in a Trauma OR, so I guess I may actually know a thing or two about it. I see it every working day.

But if throwing around words that have to be censored makes you think you know better than most - carry on Champ.

As always when someone disagrees with you - out comes the snark and insults.

Your arrogance in assuming you are always right is the only predictable thing in any disagreement you have.

Junk Donkey said it best in another thread.

I'll judge the show on how I see it - exactly as you are doing.

And look - no need for the swear filter!

I have no wish in carrying on this futile exercise, but should you feel the need to express yourself further, my PM box is available for you to use. (thumbs u

You got it, sport.

Man if they ever release a comic for Fear the Walking Dead it's gonna be as hot as Fantastic Four #52.....I just know it.

I really enjoyed the second episode. Better than anything the main show has done for a long time.

My guess is the 2 groups will eventually converge when FTWD ends.

I agree I'm enjoying FTWD more than I have enjoyed TWD on average. TWD has had a few great episodes in the last couple of seasons, but 75% or more of them were downright boring. So far both episodes of Fear have been pretty good.