• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HA MAY 28-30 SIGNATURE AUCTION

744 posts in this topic

How was that Flash 14 a 9.6? A lot of wear at the top of the book and the upper right corner.

Because it came from the Church Collection? I have no clue how that book was graded so high.

I think those scuffs are on the holder. I've held that book unslabbed and it is absolutely gorgeous. Maybe the prettiest book in the entire run.

I dunno ... have a look at the full-page photo in the catalog. Sure looks like the wear is on the book.

How was that Flash 14 a 9.6? A lot of wear at the top of the book and the upper right corner.

Because it came from the Church Collection? I have no clue how that book was graded so high.

I think those scuffs are on the holder. I've held that book unslabbed and it is absolutely gorgeous. Maybe the prettiest book in the entire run.

I remember seeing it raw years ago and it's an extraordinarily appealing with beautiful colors and freshness -- one of my two favorite covers in the Church run I saw.

I dunno ... have a look at the full-page photo in the catalog. Sure looks like the wear is on the book.

(shrug) I doubt it has gotten damaged like that in the holder. It wasn't damaged when it was slabbed. Go back and look at the archives. When it was originally auctioned the scans were beautiful and the book sold strong. It hasn't been reholdered that I know of.

There is a little wear but a 9.6 is not perfect and, if CGC is on fence between 9.4 and 9.6 and the book is a Church copy, they will tilt the scales in favor of the 9.6.

I don't want to seem to be beating down what's a wonderful book, but that sure seems like a lot of wear along the top, at the upper right corner, and around to the upper edge, with a nick next to the H.

Any predictions on where the PS 1 ends? I'll say it finishes where it is now at $19K, including BP.

I agree. I can't imagine a bidding war breaking out at this point.

But it would be cool to see...

Her strands of hair are back!!

Have you noticed that when she stands still, the Spidey eyes on the painting behind her give her some very convincing bunny ears.

Yes one of my co-workers said the same thing.

More Fun 73 on the horizon...Big Moov, you out there?

I would much rather own the 54.

cooler cover for sure, but not the first app of Aquaman, Arrow and Speedy :baiting:

More Fun 73 on the horizon...Big Moov, you out there?

I would much rather own the 54.

cooler cover for sure, but not the first app of Aquaman, Arrow and Speedy :baiting:

Oh, well in that case, cheap at $100K!

Her strands of hair are back!!

Have you noticed that when she stands still, the Spidey eyes on the painting behind her give her some very convincing bunny ears.

Yes one of my co-workers said the same thing.

I didn't see it previously but thank you for showing me the light!

That Marvel Comics #1 CGC 0.5 was surprisingly strong @ $22.7K. Someone must have a back cover waiting in the wings for that book.

:o

Edited cause I didn't know what I was talking about. For some reason I thought it was missing a back cover. lol

That Marvel Comics #1 CGC 0.5 (missing a back cover) was surprisingly strong @ $22.7K. Someone must have a back cover waiting in the wings for that book.

In fact it went for more than the Batman #1 CGC 0.5.

:o

I think the back cover is there but beat.