• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HA MAY 28-30 SIGNATURE AUCTION

744 posts in this topic

I had 5 copies of sens 6 last year...

Yes, but they sold fast. I have two of them and have not seen one copy since. That book seems to never come up at auction. You were literally the only person I've ever seen with a copy.

I still have several in "my" boxes :blush:

I had 5 copies of sens 6 last year...

Yes, but they sold fast. I have two of them and have not seen one copy since. That book seems to never come up at auction. You were literally the only person I've ever seen with a copy.

I still have several in "my" boxes :blush:

Can I buy more? :baiting:

Sensation #68 went cheap. That could wind up being a key in the near future.
if DC brings paula brooks back (shrug)

Won't matter, if the Huntress comes back in the movies in any way, this book will pop. Look at Batman #59.

Plus this book is impossible to find. Almost coincidence that two copies have come up in the last two months.

Hey, when's the last time you saw a Sensation #6? I think if a copy ever comes to auction we're going to see an eye popping number.

but isn't deadshot in batman 59 the same Floyd today?

Yes and no; I doubt that distinction will really matter.

you may be right...but if it is the "modern" huntress, I think today's movie herd will seek the bronze version as "the" one to have....

That was the thinking on Batman #59 but now there's a copper hot book (Detective #whatever) and Batman #59 has heated up too. And definitely not the same buyers for both books.

Shock Suspenstories #6 CGC 9.4 went for decent money @ $2800. I've felt that this book has been creeping for some time now.

I actually thought it was low. A 9.6 Gaines went for $7k in 2013. This one wasn't a Gaines, but I'm surprised that the non-pedigree status would make that much of a difference.

The EC's don't go for multiples the way SA Marvels do but I figured it was around a $3K book.

One of my favorite covers of all time.

The Gaines File status is a multiplier, much like the Church pedigree. My 2c

Agreed. I thought $3K for a non Gaines was decent. (thumbs u

I tend to respectfully disagree. the last tec 31 .5 sold fro 23k while in the same auction a tec 31 4.5 sold for 86K. If we do the math the 4.5 should have been over 100k.

So i still feel the tec 33 is stable and going up.

I tend to respectfully disagree. the last tec 31 .5 sold fro 23k while in the same auction a tec 31 4.5 sold for 86K. If we do the math the 4.5 should have been over 100k.

You are wrong.

Low grade (0.5 - 1.0) copies always command a premium as being the most affordable copies. 1.5 - 6.0 tend to follow the standard "price per point" pattern - then higher grade copies start to see multiples (higher the grade, higher the multiple). It certainly isn't linear.

again, it is not always linear.... but there is definitely a distinction between lower/mid and high grade... that is fairly straightforward with a cursory search of completed sales across varying grades...entry level pricing is a different animal

You are wrong.

Low grade (0.5 - 1.0) copies always command a premium as being the most affordable copies. 1.5 - 6.0 tend to follow the standard "price per point" pattern - then higher grade copies start to see multiples (higher the grade, higher the multiple). It certainly isn't linear.

I'm starting to find this discussion elliptical -- perhaps even hyperbolic. hm

Shock Suspenstories #6 CGC 9.4 went for decent money @ $2800. I've felt that this book has been creeping for some time now.

I actually thought it was low. A 9.6 Gaines went for $7k in 2013. This one wasn't a Gaines, but I'm surprised that the non-pedigree status would make that much of a difference.

The EC's don't go for multiples the way SA Marvels do but I figured it was around a $3K book.

One of my favorite covers of all time.

The Gaines File status is a multiplier, much like the Church pedigree. My 2c

I agree it brings higher prices, but nothing like we saw with today's MH copies.

The fact that there are usually 8-12 high grade copies of each issue, mostly all in high grade reduces the premium. Page quality isn't anywhere near as good as Church books, either. Those negatives are offset somewhat by the utterly cool covers and material between the covers.

Thats my point. no pun intended. The tec 33 cgc 6.5 that sold at 38k was a much better deal than the tec 33 cgc 8.0 that just sold around 84K. showing that in a few months the book has stabilzed and is going back up

You are wrong.

I'm starting to find this discussion elliptical -- perhaps even hyperbolic. hm

It is definitely lame.

I agree with Peter. I think its a great great move up since the last tec 33 6.5 sold for like 38K. Only 6K a point vs 10k per point now.
low/mid grades do not follow high grade price per point correlation (at least not generally)... it is more arithmetic in lower grades and more exponential in higher grades...

Arithmetic doesn't help much at the lower end of the spectrum, either, due to the just-want-one factor as well as the wide disparity in desirability which can exist between one low number book and another with the same numeric grade.

I can't believe we are 4 and a half hours in and we haven't even gotten out of Golden Age yet. Jesus. Might need to go to four days with these auctions.

didn't win the whiz 3 (2) ...but had a copy so didn't go after it too hard...

did need the 4 (3) a I didn't have a copy...

didn't win the whiz 3 (2) ...but had a copy so didn't go after it too hard...

did need the 4 (3) a I didn't have a copy...

These are apparently from the same collection as the Master run that eBay seller earl shaw sold off recently. I wonder why HA didn't end up with all of them?

G.A.tor where do you see the Whiz #2 finishing with the BP?
my winning bid :cloud9:

Can't be.

the whiz 1 is already past the max I'm willing to pay...c'est la vie