• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HA MAY 28-30 SIGNATURE AUCTION

744 posts in this topic

I'm a sucker for these early books. H/T to Mitch for pointing it out. Thought it went low.

lf_zpslgt5vtsy.jpg

What was the final price on that...I had never seen it before in my 30 years and its a top condition copy...congs

That nearly 20% fee keeps me limited on some stuff but I grabbed these two today.

14a366501c7d663b930fce3ebc7256be8dd795e7.jpg

40326851f96119d4c14bbb500b57eaf79d269db4.jpg

Just filling holes in runs. I'll probably regret not trying harder for that Phantom Stranger #3 but I wanted a copy of 6 more.

I'm a sucker for these early books. H/T to Mitch for pointing it out. Thought it went low.

lf_zpslgt5vtsy.jpg

What was the final price on that...I had never seen it before in my 30 years and its a top condition copy...congs

$550 including BP. I would have gone higher.

That nearly 20% fee keeps me limited on some stuff but I grabbed these two today.

14a366501c7d663b930fce3ebc7256be8dd795e7.jpg

40326851f96119d4c14bbb500b57eaf79d269db4.jpg

Just filling holes in runs. I'll probably regret not trying harder for that Phantom Stranger #3 but I wanted a copy of 6 more.

Nice pickup on the PS 6. I bought the PS 5, which I thought went high for what seems like a possibly overgraded copy. But, like you, I was going for the last one I needed to complete the run.

I've said it before, but I'm amazed at what's happened lately with the Phantom Stranger. I guess an increase in demand has revealed how tough these books are in even mid-grade.

I love the cover to 5 too but gave up early on for the same reasons you just cited. It's not the best looking 5.0 I've seen so if I'm going to pay that much I want something more. I tend to look more at the books eye appeal over the number posted for its grade.

You're right. Tough books. Period. I might regret passing on any of them in time.

I love the cover to 5 too but gave up early on for the same reasons you just cited. It's not the best looking 5.0 I've seen so if I'm going to pay that much I want something more. I tend to look more at the books eye appeal over the number posted for its grade.

You're right. Tough books. Period. I might regret passing on any of them in time.

Yeah, I almost let the PS 5 go by, but the lure of completing the run was too much.

It will be interesting to see whether these high prices smoke a few more copies out of the woodwork.

The ones I was really after went while I was stuck on a delayed flight so I picked up a couple consolation books to ease my pain.

j8if4j.jpg

v8g8lc.jpg

Some consolation prizes: can't ever go wrong with Superman 14, or Mystic! Sweet pick ups!

The ones I was really after went while I was stuck on a delayed flight so I picked up a couple consolation books to ease my pain.

j8if4j.jpg

v8g8lc.jpg

Some consolation prizes: can't ever go wrong with Superman 14, or Mystic! Sweet pick ups!

+1

Another Hitler cover from Thursday. Bit of a contrast!

lf%202_zpsylev3hsd.jpg

Flirted with pulling the trigger on that one, but CC has a few books I'll need to hold some of my chips for. Cool book! (thumbs u

lf%202_zpsylev3hsd.jpg

Isnt that Pigler? ;) Btw, I had not noticed before but that book has both the Timely and Atlas logos, maybe I have not been paying attention but when did that start and was it common?

lf%202_zpsylev3hsd.jpg

Isnt that Pigler? ;) Btw, I had not noticed before but that book has both the Timely and Atlas logos, maybe I have not been paying attention but when did that start and was it common?

I don't have it handy but there was an entire article written about the appearance, disappearance and variations of the Atlas logo. Goodman created different companies to own his various titles and the Atlas logo in various forms was used off and on from the "Timely Period" through the "Atlas Period" but never in a corporate-wide consistent manner.

lf%202_zpsylev3hsd.jpg

Sorry, I drove the price up on that one for you.

:baiting:

I know I drove the prices up on those Nedors on Thursday without managing to win a single one!

Yeah, I almost let the PS 5 go by, but the lure of completing the run was too much.

It will be interesting to see whether these high prices smoke a few more copies out of the woodwork.

Nearly put another bid or two on the PS5 but when it got to 950, I thought screw it, I already own a copy. Glad to see you guys both picked up books from the run! If that's the new market value, I almost want sell my run to pick up something else... Almost being the operative word.

Nearly put another bid or two on the PS5 but when it got to 950, I thought screw it, I already own a copy. Glad to see you guys both picked up books from the run! If that's the new market value, I almost want sell my run to pick up something else... Almost being the operative word.

....there's something magical about a 6 issue run :cloud9: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Final Auction total: $ 6,035,263.00

Average price per lot $ 3,488.00

Off by less than 1- million... lol...looks like there are only 5 or 6 post auction buys including the superman cover and a fritz drawing for 10K..a couple of lots were withdrawn...but they were minor....overall a sold, not spectacular auction.